• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

44alltheway

U7012L5.png

fVu1eY8.png

yvt8U8p.png

Qdr7lAL.jpg

FKiUvP8.png

glXkYi5.png

kpUTKGh.png

mOUlRoN.png

ZRbc2Fc.png

8LdLTBI.png
Oh my

And to think these people shill for Microsoft FOR FREE. It makes no sense why there are people that care so much for one company. Like c’mon people!

B_Boss

The reason I brought up the selling is, because Cerny has a financial stake in what he tells you. I do not. It is his job to hide or downplay the weaknesses of the PS5 and play to its strengths. I do not have that.

If you want to buy a PS5, that's your choice. As of right now, MS has given the better impression with the XSX. They have shown multiple things. Simple, understandable things.
Sony on the other hand has created a shitstorm with all the talk and little showing of things. The technological aspects are interesting, but the PS5 can only beat the XSX in one thing; loading times. Whether you care or not is up to you. After all, many people find the PS games superior. And that is perfectly fine and justifiable to go for a PS5 instead of the XSX. But if you're going to get a console for the multiplats, the XSX is simply the way to go. Assuming of course, you don't care about BC etc. There are many variables, and everyone needs to decide for themselves what the best console is for their own use.

Spencer, Bowser, Nadella, Ryan....they’re in a similar position if your logic is to be followed yes? They all have a financial stake in what is told to the consumer. Theres products to be sold and profits to be made of course and why should I be too concerned when there are folks such as yourself to lead me to truth 😅?

For yourself as well as those who prefer the Xbox brand as their gaming console of choice, I hope Series X is everything you all hoped for and more🍻.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not a single surprise on that list. Bless DrKeo, he tried his best to hide it but blew it up by making up a TimDog-esque conspiracy about the PS5 SSD speed being only "peak" numbers while MS was magically able to have theirs fixed. Gulliable Ree members were surprised and were like 'wtf are you talking about?' lol.

I don't mind OG's like Statham b/c they wear it on their sleeve. It's those weirdo's like that Stephen Colbert cosplayer & Duke that try really hard to be fake for some reason.

ROFL:

gfZEKgY.png
yeah, colbert, croat and a bunch of others were bitching about it on twitter yesterday.

Disco_

lmao. Olusac was another so called impartial xbox fanboys. i knew it!
None of them are clever enough to pull off being impartial.

See, I’m fine with this. The want to have their own little Xbox circlejerk on discord, they are perfectly within their rights to do so. It’s when you actively plot to spread FUD on some of the biggest forums on the Internet is where I draw the line.
I think you're overestimating the reach of era. It's a niche safe space.

Maybe some people realize the truth about the hardware, without being a "console warrior". Maybe they are labeled as such simply because they are not making up excuses for weaknesses.
The main topic wasn't on PS5 running at max all the time, it was on PS5 running both CPU and GPU at max at the same time, it's different. Honest question: do you actually understand hardware? Really, no pun in here.
Do you have a degree or worked in videogames field?
Or is your supposed understanding based on a mild experience enhanced to your eyes by ego?
Because it's very rare to be able to improvise in learning this stuff at such level, to the point where you are sure PS5 will not do a single thing better aside for loadings.
Maybe there is more, maybe not. So, are you absolutely sure of what you say or you do just because you got attached to an argument?

Last edited:

icerock

SSD speeds have brought shame to their temple. They must bring honor back to their master.

A lot of them got banned. Guessing short slaps on wrist except maybe doncabesa. If he's back though, after what he said, makes you think.

Honestly, given the few screens which have been posted. I can only imagine how toxic they actually are, on REE they have to apply filter to not catch a ban. But that doncabesa guy said one poster should get hit by a car then run over by a herd of elephants? I mean wtf?

Also, it's absolutely hilarious how many of them run the same username on Discord as their REE username. I really hope some Admin at REE looks over at this stuff and cleanses these idiots out but I doubt they'd want more drama at their hand.

See, I’m fine with this. The want to have their own little Xbox circlejerk on discord, they are perfectly within their rights to do so. It’s when you actively plot to spread FUD on some of the biggest forums on the Internet is where I draw the line.

So much this, I'm certain there must be hundreds of discord where circle-jerk occurs but as long as its limited to that specific group its fine. What is pathetic is venturing into different threads on a forum, bait regular users and then mass-report them for bans. It's actually psychopathic behavior!

Oh my

And to think these people shill for Microsoft FOR FREE. It makes no sense why there are people that care so much for one company. Like c’mon people!

That's the most hilarious bit, so much non-sense being done so they can be noticed by their senpai Phil.

I've said it before and I maintain it now, if senior executives at MS didn't engage with the rabid fanboys and gave them a platform to legitimize them by following them on social media, getting onto their podcasts. This shit wouldn't be as toxic. At least with 'journalists' like Tom Warren, Brad Sams, Jez Corden etc. they have actual identity out there. Journalistic integrity is in the shitter, so them shilling doesn't make much difference.

Disco_

Honestly, given the few screens which have been posted. I can only imagine how toxic they actually are, on REE they have to apply filter to not catch a ban. But that doncabesa guy said one poster should get hit by a car then run over by a herd of elephants? I mean wtf?
That was pertaining to a MOD post.
Doesn't matter though cause their off site drama policy means these guys will keep doing it and mods will keep ignoring it.

Ascend

The main topic wasn't on PS5 running at max all the time, it was on PS5 running both CPU and GPU at max at the same time, it's different. Honest question: do you actually understand hardware? Really, no pun in here.
I'm quite confident I understand it better than most in here...

Do you have a degree or worked in videogames field?
Or is your supposed understanding based on a mild experience enhanced to your eyes by ego?
My ego...? Why are you bringing up my ego? What did I say that lets you bring this up?

I do not have a degree in videogames, nor do I have worked in videogames. I have merely played them and modded them a bit. I also most likely have read and investigated videogame development more than the average person that does not actually develop video games. I do have a degree in chemical engineering and work in that field, which means I understand heat, pressure and flow particularly well. Pressure and flow translate particularly well into voltage and amperage respectively.
I do have a significant experience in overclocking and undervolting both AMD CPUs and AMD GPUs, which is more than most people here can say, considering most people have used primarily Intel and nVidia and don't bother overclocking or undervolting. I have developed (no pun intended) quite the understanding of how AMD does things, and despite their latest innovations, the basics are still the same.
Ultimately, there is little difference in concept between electronic and chemical processes. One is simply a lot slower than the other.

Because it's very rare to be able to improvise in learning this stuff at such level, to the point where you are sure PS5 will not do a single thing better aside for loadings.
Maybe there is more, maybe not. So, are you absolutely sure of what you say or you do just because you got attached to an argument?
Well, there might be more, but as of what we have now, I'm quite sure that's what the only PS5 advantage is. I did not say anything about the implications though. Because theoretically, you can create a game that is based so heavily on fast loading that the XSX could not keep up and give inferior performance. It can possibly bring forth some games that can only be done with such fast loading, although at this point in time I do see that as a small possibility rather than a large one.
In terms of sound, I do not know which has the advantage. It sounds (no pun intended) like the PS5 might have the advantage there as well, but we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
The problem of having a group of organized fanboys like them is they can carry out the narrative of some the biggest forums (they are in Era,Gaf and Beyond3d)
in a very easy way, do the same with his personal account in social networks like twitter and with this all the videogame website it only increases the noise.

They combine real news with false ones so they are careful of not be discredited so quickly and highlight the negatives of sony while they exalt the negatives, this
problem does not occur in other industries so easily because they do have more journalists who investigate like Jason and not only report what they see in forums or twitter.

That is why the hate Jason so much, he can prove more or less the things he say, they are some more or less agree with him, but the guy is not afraid to get into trouble with
big publishers like EA and his opinions are often based.

But that a member of DF is there and give them details that if I were from Sony it is a clear sign that at least part of DF is not impartial. I trust DF as an analysis but to have a
member who was willing to support such a group because it does not speak well of you.

This does not mean that Microsoft pays them but if they are encouraged that behaviour by what we see, do you ever noticed the type of toxic fanboy that Phil himself follows ...
Microsoft is known for having had certain unethical practices in the past maybe now that is not happening but we don't know.

On Demand

Banned
Saw this on NPC Era, thought it was worth a quote:

Soprano said:
Just a little notice. The concern and FUD you are seeing around PS5 news lately is being done on purpose. Some of it is planned in a certain discord.

This thread heading to the dumps is apart of it i presume. There's this sad attempt to make PS5 look like it's going to fail and experience another PS3 generation.

That is all. Bye.

The thread was locked and he got banned. Along a bunch of other posters. LOL.

It's now opened again. Someone who is a member of desetera should go post all the info in this thread that proves what he said is true. The xbox fans who reported him was just mad because they got caught.

Told yall those people are annoying cring worthy sad pathetic fanboys.

Last edited:
I'm quite confident I understand it better than most in here...

My ego...? Why are you bringing up my ego? What did I say that lets you bring this up?

I do not have a degree in videogames, nor do I have worked in videogames. I have merely played them and modded them a bit. I also most likely have read and investigated videogame development more than the average person that does not actually develop video games. I do have a degree in chemical engineering and work in that field, which means I understand heat, pressure and flow particularly well. Pressure and flow translate particularly well into voltage and amperage respectively.
I do have a significant experience in overclocking and undervolting both AMD CPUs and AMD GPUs, which is more than most people here can say, considering most people have used primarily Intel and nVidia and don't bother overclocking or undervolting. I have developed quite the understanding of how AMD does things, and despite their latest innovations, the basics are still the same.
Ultimately, there is little difference in concept between electronic and chemical processes. One is simply a lot slower than the other.

Well, there might be more, but as of what we have now, I'm quite sure that's what the only PS5 advantage is. I did not say anything about the implications though. Because theoretically, you can create a game that is based so heavily on fast loading that the XSX could not keep up and give inferior performance. It can possibly bring forth some games that can only be done with such fast loading, although at this point in time I do see that as a small possibility rather than a large one.
In terms of sound, I do not know which has the advantage. It sounds (no pun intended) like the PS5 might have the advantage there as well, but we'll have to wait and see.
I said ego because that's, I believe, the first thing that can illude a person, it wasn't a term "tailored" for you but just in general.
But anyway, ok, I was curious mostly.

Last edited:
The problem of having a group of organized fanboys like them is they can carry out the narrative of some the biggest forums (they are in Era,Gaf and Beyond3d)
in a very easy way, do the same with his personal account in social networks like twitter and with this all the videogame website it only increases the noise.

They combine real news with false ones so they are careful of not be discredited so quickly and highlight the negatives of sony while they exalt the negatives, this
problem does not occur in other industries so easily because they do have more journalists who investigate like Jason and not only report what they see in forums or twitter.

That is why the hate Jason so much, he can prove more or less the things he say, they are some more or less agree with him, but the guy is not afraid to get into trouble with
big publishers like EA and his opinions are often based.

But that a member of DF is there and give them details that if I were from Sony it is a clear sign that at least part of DF is not impartial. I trust DF as an analysis but to have a
member who was willing to support such a group because it does not speak well of you.

This does not mean that Microsoft pays them but if they are encouraged that behaviour by what we see, do you ever noticed the type of toxic fanboy that Phil himself follows ...
Microsoft is known for having had certain unethical practices in the past maybe now that is not happening but we don't know.

It’s not like we haven’t seen this before. These same fanboys banded together with the media to spread FUD about the PS4 to the point that they were banning groups of Astroturfers every week who were coming in trying to puff up Xbox One. Even Albert Penello got caught. This is nothing new. What we should be interested in is why is THIS round of FUD so much more detailed than last gen’s? I really feel like the PS5 is making waves in the dev community and it has MS and it’s fans scared as shit.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
LOL. I don't do discord discussions.

On one hand I want to see what goes on in those private lobbies. But then again, I don't.
Send them your gaf post history. With your resume, you will get invited in seconds.

j/k you are alright.
None of them are clever enough to pull off being impartial.

I think you're overestimating the reach of era. It's a niche safe space.
oh no doubt. i saw them coming from a mile away but the rest of era didnt. definitely not the mods.

Lom3zAc.png

They been doing an outstanding job finding the moles, that we can even get to see screenshots from his locked Twitter account
this is the craziest thing to me and no one is paying attention. there is no way he can pull that github folder of some random person. he must have been hosting it. so where did he get it from? when did he get it? i remember RedTechGaming and some others saying that they emailed the poor sap and he never replied. He must have already taken it down or probably didnt even have it public in the first place. i wouldnt be surprised if hmqqq somehow hacked it or got it from someone who hacked it.

what this proves is that the github leak was done by MS insiders. they might not have hacked that poor intern's account, but they definitely uploaded a copy of that github folder. thats how penello knew back in december 2018 that the ps5 was $399 and 8 tflops. ariel was only 1.8 ghz at the time. same goes for klobrre and hmqgg who were convinced xbox was more powerful after the first wired article even though no devkits were out by then.

icerock

That was pertaining to a MOD post.
Doesn't matter though cause their off site drama policy means these guys will keep doing it and mods will keep ignoring it.

Still, it's a shame that one has to stoop down to that level over warring. Also, one of the fabled master race member got permd on REE over cross-forum drama. So, if these idiots continue to hop on and mass-report together, they'll be gone with time.

Every single person is biased one way or the other, as long as that doesn't interfere with their work, it shouldn't be a problem. Dictator, long before he started working for DF, could be found posting here and B3D in PC threads, and to no ones' surprise came across as a pretentious douchebag. He toned it down while producing content for DF, but over the last few weeks and months, he's titled more and more towards a specific community. I don't know why that is, previously, you could tag him and have a discussion on just about anything tech related. But, any question regarding PS5, he replies with a negative connotation. And if you point that out, gets extremely defensive. IDK what's going on.

He is in there, he is just is not significant enough.

Imagine the panic in that group, probably resorting to different channels to find the mole(s). :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Still, it's a shame that one has to stoop down to that level over warring. Also, one of the fabled master race member got permd on REE over cross-forum drama. So, if these idiots continue to hop on and mass-report together, they'll be gone with time.

Every single person is biased one way or the other, as long as that doesn't interfere with their work, it shouldn't be a problem. Dictator, long before he started working for DF, could be found posting here and B3D in PC threads, and to no ones' surprise came across as a pretentious douchebag. He toned it down while producing content for DF, but over the last few weeks and months, he's titled more and more towards a specific community. I don't know why that is, previously, you could tag him and have a discussion on just about anything tech related. But, any question regarding PS5, he replies with a negative connotation. And if you point that out, gets extremely defensive. IDK what's going on.

Imagine the panic in that group, probably resorting to different channels to find the mole(s). :messenger_grinning_sweat:
They are in shambles now

Gudji

Xbox era discord is such a toxic horrible place man . I would have never guessed .wtf ?

Almost everyone that has been spreading the github thing for months is on xbox era and you don't need to be there to know who they are.

You're right. They sent me out here on the front lines as an initiation into the Church of Our Guy, which has been a lot more truthful than the church of Kleesus Christ. 🤷‍♂️

At least you're not one of the worst there. Thank god... Tim dog though. Phew.

Last edited:
In terms of percentage growth in new cases we have averaged less than 10 percent the last 8 days with Tuesday and likely today being the exception. That is not taking into account the increase in testing rates which skews those numbers. It will peak within 10-12 days in the states. It's not going to "ravage" the country for another 6 months, so step off the media hype train. Coronaviruses are seasonal and this is no exception. The initial hydroxychloroquine results are better than expected. You can take a deep breath. I was asymptomatic other than chest pain and a suspicious chest x-ray, odds are I had it early Feb. Remember this is season 1 we will have antibodies going forward and symptoms won't be as severe year 2, 3, etc...if it becomes a seasonal occurrence.
Not all are seasonal. You can't say for sure that's seasonal. NOBODY can make that claim because no scientific study has been tested to prove this yet. There's places where they're in the middle of summer right now and it's not slowing on spreading. It's also difficult to gather data in countries that are hotter/humid right now due to sitting on poor healthcare therefore hard to come by public facts so likely under reported. Some meds are showing potential but they take awhile to pass clinical trials. These are extreme situations though and they'll likely bypass several phases including the vaccines.

I'm not trying to fearmonger or create sensationalism. Saying it's nothing or media hype is just as bad as someone saying it's the end of the world. The facts are economy will not sustain itself the longer this lingers around and nobody can predict where we will sit in 6 months to a year from now with this virus.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
Xbox era discord is such a toxic horrible place man . I would have never guessed .wtf ?
It’s not just that discord, it’s their twitter, it’s over in the next gen thread here. The faces of the prominent Xbox community aren’t even interested in talking about games unless it’s like in regards to resolution to put PlayStation down or talk about gamepass. The brand is literally in the gutter but these guys are convinced the golden age is just around the corner because Phil said so and because 12 teraflops. Jez says sea of thrieves is game of the generation, guy in the discord says the worst halo is better than the best Sony first party game.
Xbox has drilled into these guys heads that teraflops are the end all be all. Period. Games don’t matter, sales don’t, collapsing revenues in the case of Xbox don’t matter, hell exclusives don’t matter. Nothing matters except an Arbitrary measurement of power via teraflop percentages.

It’s not just that discord, it’s their twitter, it’s over in the next gen thread here. The faces of the prominent Xbox community aren’t even interested in talking about games unless it’s like in regards to resolution to put PlayStation down or talk about gamepass. The brand is literally in the gutter but these guys are convinced the golden age is just around the corner because Phil said so and because 12 teraflops. Jez says sea of thrieves is game of the generation, guy in the discord says the worst halo is better than the best Sony first party game.
Xbox has drilled into these guys heads that teraflops are the end all be all. Period. Games don’t matter, sales don’t, collapsing revenues in the case of Xbox don’t matter, hell exclusives don’t matter. Nothing matters except an Arbitrary measurement of power via teraflop percentages.

When you make a terrible expensive purchase you have to convince yourself and justify the means by any way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom