• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

It means 10-13TF is the range
If the 2GHz leak is real i estimate CU count its within the 44-52 range.
44 @2000MHz = 11.2TF
48 @2000MHz = 12.28TF
52 @2000MHz = 13.3TF

Reminds me of Reddit insider post a while back where they said people would be disappointed with the specs and continued on with it being 12TF.

Pretty sure it was posted here but no idea how to find it again.

Edit: Whaddya know, I found it.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I think I will use this as an opportunity to leave the next-gen debate. I took a step back over the last few days and I realise that I've spent far too much time on this puzzle rather than with my family.

I think there are far better qualified people than me to take part in the ongoing discussion. Many of them on this thread and elsewhere.

Both machines seem to be shaping up to give everyone incredible games on both platforms. There's plenty of time before the launches for things to change so I wouldn't take any stock in any of my posts.

If I've spoken out of line to anyone during my time here or elsewhere then please accept my sincere apologies.

I'll be asking @EviLore to close my account shortly.

Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to set the record straight.
Man why? We're all having fun. I know I am. Don't care what others say.

I think I will use this as an opportunity to leave the next-gen debate. I took a step back over the last few days and I realise that I've spent far too much time on this puzzle rather than with my family.

I think there are far better qualified people than me to take part in the ongoing discussion. Many of them on this thread and elsewhere.

Both machines seem to be shaping up to give everyone incredible games on both platforms. There's plenty of time before the launches for things to change so I wouldn't take any stock in any of my posts.

If I've spoken out of line to anyone during my time here or elsewhere then please accept my sincere apologies.

I'll be asking @EviLore to close my account shortly.

Thank you all for giving me the opportunity to set the record straight.
So before you leave, what are you final Tf count 💩.
Man why? We're all having fun. I know I am. Don't care what others say.
I dont recall anybody saying anything bad about him.

I meant I'm having fun and don't really care if others don't like what I say. We're all speculating and should be having fun imo. Not take this too seriously.
We all friends here, if i see him getting beat down on the street will totally defend him (totally not true).

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sony has patented a device that has an insane amount of vents.

ybQ5Mtm.jpg

xool

ybQ5Mtm.jpg

Seems to be a design registered with the Brazilian INPI (Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial) - if only there was a native Portuguese speaker who could search their website for number 302019002287 and tell us more ...

I tried the WIPO and couldn't find it - did find this though, from 2016 "data processing equipment" - dev kit box I think .
Wgzf79L.png

[edit = probably a PS4 dev kit]

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

Paradicia

That looks like an off-brand Alienware steam machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the form factor for the PS5/Xbox Scarlett is much thicker than previous gens.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Thanks. Same designer (Yusuhiro Ootori) - conclusion - new one is PS5 devkit.

What's with the two sets of vents though? V shaped vapor chamber with two wings and two fans ?? Crazy stuff.

Well with all that cooling MIGHT justify the 2.0 GHz leak of the GPU from a few days ago.

NeroDaGod

Seems to be a design registered with the Brazilian INPI (Instituto Nacional da Propriedade Industrial) - if only there was a native Portuguese speaker who could search their website for number 302019002287 and tell us more ...

I tried the WIPO and couldn't find it - did find this though, from 2016 "data processing equipment" - dev kit box I think .
Wgzf79L.png

[edit = probably a PS4 dev kit]

I'm a native Portuguese speaker, can't seem to find the number on the website though, if you find the page or point me in the right direction I could translate it.

xool

I'm a native Portuguese speaker, can't seem to find the number on the website though, if you find the page or point me in the right direction I could translate it.
Couldn't find the search function on that website.. . ah here it is

your browser might complain - works on IE though :) (and maybe MS Edge)

Found it under "Desenho Industrial" (Indsustrial Design) not patents, or trademarks.

People on resetera found more entries, BR 30 2019 002789 5 a controller , and BR 30 2019 002794 1 data recording (?) -- no pics right now

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Patent drawings are sometimes odd and ugly because they're not ready to reveal what it will really look like, but it's the idea here that is the focus - big honking whole-case heatsinks that would allow a lot of ambient airflow.

See for an example:

I'd love that idea for a console. Using almost all of its space for cooling, silent and high TDP.

That said, yeah, with the name misspelling, probably fake.

Why? They don't live in server farm..
But why couldn't they? Considering that people could work on a game in an internal cloud they could just stream from the consoles in the rack kind of like how xCloud currently works. This would clear up work space quite significantly.

xool

But why couldn't they? Considering that people could work on a game in an internal cloud they could just stream from the consoles in the rack kind of like how xCloud currently works. This would clear up work space quite significantly.
Because cabling? How am I going to connect Dualshock 5 to devkit, when it's in a server farm ?

Because cabling? How am I going to connect Dualshock 5 to devkit, when it's in a server farm ?
Plug in the USB or use Bluetooth on the controller to the PC you are working on that's streaming the console you are working on. It's not rocket science. That's how it works now when streaming your console.

Last edited:

xool

Plug in the USB or use Bluetooth on the controller to the PC you are working on that's streaming the console you are working on. It's not rocket science. That's how it works now when streaming your console.
Why go to all that trouble - all it achieves is adding lag to response.. Make no sense.

How do I test controller response with that setup?

Why go to all that trouble - all it achieves is adding lag to response.. Make no sense.

How do I test controller response with that setup?
Depends on what you're testing, really. It's also less trouble than hooking up another monitor, console, cables, another network connection/drop by the desk, keeping track of your controller(s). Not to mention other users could log into it if the other person isn't using it. But whatever, it's just an idea.

Last edited:

xool

Depends on what you're testing, really. It's also less trouble than hooking up another monitor, console, cables, another network connection/drop by the desk, keeping track of your controller(s). Not to mention other users could log into it if the other person isn't using it. But whatever, it's just an idea.
Mmmh could work for smaller developers, or additional resources at crunch.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
PS5 more powerful or more accurately nexbox not more powerful than the ps5. so why would people pick it over the ps5? another major fuckup by MS. you would think professional pride in a trillion dollar company like MS would force them to design a more powerful system but no.

If the difference was only something like 0.5Tflops you probably wouldn’t even notice. Also, GPU could be more powerful on PS5 but CPU could be higher clocked on Scarlett depending on how each manufacturer decided to balance their console. Right now stuff is based off of dev kits and word of mouth so it’s hard to know as nothing is final yet.

Also, I don’t know, all my accessories are guaranteed to work on Scarlett and my game pass ultimate subscription being so cheap and best value in gaming right now that I won’t even have to pay for a single game at launch and have access to all of MS’ first parties. It’s easy to see why people would chose Scarlett over PS5 imo. Launch will be expensive at 500$ (most likely) so having a subscription service like that becomes very appealing to the masses.

DrLight66

Neo Member
As far as hardware goes, I think the differences between the PS5 and Scarlett will be about the same as the PS4 and Xbox One. Both companies have been working with AMD for years on this, I just don't see where one system will have a big advantage over the other when it comes to the hard drive, RAM, GPU or CPU.

SonGoku

ybQ5Mtm.jpg
WTF! KAIJU CONFIRMED
Cerny finally ascended to properly fill the shoes of Krazy Ken sensei
Looks like it should be mounted to the ceiling so we can watch a movie on the wall.
Bitch please, this thing probably hovers:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom