• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANIMAL1975

zIoFTy2.jpg

This train is getting a too much momentum lol
Think I needed a bigger image 😂
Mate do you have Insane Metal Insane Metal on ignore by any chance? My breh asked for a ticket and i don't see him.

sehito

Neo Member
[QUOTE = "TGO, publicación: 258381189, miembro: 26476"]
No te preocupes, acabas de llegar
fK3ohpA.jpg

[/ CITAR]

¿Quedan boletos de tren? Un placer estar en gaf!
Edit: ¡Vaya! Hubo un error

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Scorn Interview – Xbox Series X Is a ‘Very Balanced System’; Trailer Was Running on an RTX 2080Ti

The trailer was labeled as 'in-engine footage representative of expected Xbox Series X visual quality', which usually means it was running on PC. If so, can you share the specs used?

Now, this is a tricky question as for some reason a lot of people feel that it should be quite easy to get 4K 60FPS on the PC even with this graphical fidelity, and that really isn't the case. For the showcase we used 2080Ti and a Ryzen processor just because there was no reason not to use it, but a 2070 Super with a mixture of settings is adequate to run the game at 4K 60FPS.

😜

This guy man. Just STFU already, you are already digging your hole before your game is out the door.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Didn’t dare make a thread:

“ On top of all that, developers and publishers continue to praise the design of the PS5. Some have told GamesBeat that it is has a better architecture than any console in history. So studios may find it a joy to work with.”

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'll bring this up again.

Over the past several months, people were saying MS was taking all the mindshare going into next generation because they were taking so long to reveal the PlayStation 5 and the games.

I said as soon as Sony shows off the PlayStation 5, people are going to forget about waiting for so long after the Xbox Series X reveal.

Sony is a juggernaut in the gaming industry and it's going to take more than a console reveal to take them down.

Note: I'm not saying Microsoft hasn't been doing a good job (outside of their terrible digital event last month), but things aren't going to come easy.

Sinthor

Gold Member

Over the past several months, people were saying MS was taking all the mindshare going into next generation because they were taking so long to reveal the PlayStation 5 and the games.

I said as soon as Sony shows off the PlayStation 5, people are going to forget about waiting for so long after the Xbox Series X reveal.

Sony is a juggernaut in the gaming industry and it's going to take more than a console reveal to take them down.

Note: I'm not saying Microsoft hasn't been doing a good job (outside of their terrible digital event last month), but things aren't going to come easy.

Well, you were right for certain. Now, as long as Sony doesn't soil their bed as far as this reveal goes, which would be a VERY unlikely outcome, there should be a TON of buzz surrounding them.

I think the bit about Sony only wanting to show games actually running on the PS5 is being overlooked a bit as well. We're finding out things now like about the Scorn demo not actually running on XSX for what they showed. It's a big deal to actually have represented gameplay BE gameplay on your system. To a lot of people, finding out that a demo or screenshot is not actually from the hardware it claims to represent sounds and feels dishonest.

As long as you have enough to show, it's far better to actually have demos running on your hardware. I think Sony understands this, especially after the infamous Killzone fiasco from years back. There's a long ways to go yet but next gen is shaping up to be VERY interesting!

icerock

Didn’t dare make a thread:

“ On top of all that, developers and publishers continue to praise the design of the PS5. Some have told GamesBeat that it is has a better architecture than any console in history. So studios may find it a joy to work with.”

First Schreier, now Grubb. When will Sony stop buying these journos? God dammit!

Really good to read the following quote from the article though.

But some third-party games may have to sit out. Sony wants games that are actually up and running on real PS5 hardware — or at least a real devkit. If a third-party publisher has a multiplatform game running on PC, that’s probably not going to cut it.

This should give us a very clear idea of what the PS5 is capable of. And it’s also a sign that PS5 game development is far enough along to present to the public as a vertical slice.

ethomaz

Banned

As long as Sony say something about PS5 gamers won't even know what Xbox is.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why I'm not surprised? :goog_unsure:

Scorn Interview – Xbox Series X Is a ‘Very Balanced System’; Trailer Was Running on an RTX 2080Ti

The trailer was labeled as 'in-engine footage representative of expected Xbox Series X visual quality', which usually means it was running on PC. If so, can you share the specs used?

Now, this is a tricky question as for some reason a lot of people feel that it should be quite easy to get 4K 60FPS on the PC even with this graphical fidelity, and that really isn't the case. For the showcase we used 2080Ti and a Ryzen processor just because there was no reason not to use it, but a 2070 Super with a mixture of settings is adequate to run the game at 4K 60FPS.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Why I'm not surprised? :goog_unsure:

Perhaps you aren't surprised because they basically had the "not really running on Xbox" fine print right in the video?

IntentionalPun

Anyone with half a brain was saying the same thing.

icerock

This man will never not stop scoring own-goals. Every time it reeks of desperation, but us too.

It would be easier to demonstrate to the masses how cross-gen games aren't going to be held back, have a demo running on XB1 and XSX side-by-side and show us how it's taking advantage of all the innovative features. Until then, all this talk is nothing but hot air.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Where did you see that "not really running on Xbox"? :goog_unsure:

I put a screenshot in your concern troll thread.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I put a screenshot in your concern troll thread.

Direct quotations are trolling now? Godfall was actual gameplay footage as stated in the trailer, the old leaked footage was not and was declared as PC old footage clearly.

And why it's in transparent text anyway?

EDIT: Quantum Error trailer was running on a PC although being a PS5 exclusive, so Sony didn't put in in their official youtube channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom