• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Blaster

AcXmJ7S.jpg

GRIEVEZ

Here's a link to a countdown clock I set.. hope I entered the time correctly :messenger_grinning_sweat:

So I used the wrong time converter :messenger_clapping: :messenger_clapping: :messenger_clapping::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Heres the correct time:

Vaztu

I heard someone saying that PlayStation 5’s mass-production has already begun, if anyone has the article link, please post it here.

I believe this tweet

Combined with this tweet

And this article

Haven't seen outright that production has begun afaik

Edit - Milkman showed up with evidence below. There is confirmation that production has started.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I believe this tweet

Combined with this tweet

And this article

Haven't seen outright that production has begun afaik

From Financial Times:

As Sony prepares to unveil the PS5’s first slate of games at an online showcase next week, manufacturing of the new console has begun, said Jim Ryan, president and chief executive of Sony Interactive Entertainment. “It will ramp [up] over the course of the summer,” he said. “People are quite surprised by this but we are on track . . . We believe we’ll have quantities sufficient to support a global launch.”

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I Hope they actually have the full dark controller, i really thought the white one was ugly, but like the darker design from artists

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Scorn Interview – Xbox Series X Is a ‘Very Balanced System’; Trailer Was Running on an RTX 2080Ti

The trailer was labeled as 'in-engine footage representative of expected Xbox Series X visual quality', which usually means it was running on PC. If so, can you share the specs used?

Now, this is a tricky question as for some reason a lot of people feel that it should be quite easy to get 4K 60FPS on the PC even with this graphical fidelity, and that really isn't the case. For the showcase we used 2080Ti and a Ryzen processor just because there was no reason not to use it, but a 2070 Super with a mixture of settings is adequate to run the game at 4K 60FPS.

😜

Vae_Victis

Banned
I think we see it soon since its in production they don't want it leaking.

They may show it in an article or something coming up just not at that show next week.
I feel like it is a really "Sony thing" to reveal their console at a big event, and the timing of the start of full production and this event (which would have taken place alongside E3 anyway) seems too precise to be a coincidence. But I might be wrong.

BlueHawk357

Okay, so my opinion/hot take.

PS5 will be a true next gen machine.
Series X will be more like an upgrade to this gen.

Microsoft will want all games to be playable even down to the original Xbox One from 2013 just so it can all go on gamepass. I can see the version of next gen games to just be highly up-ressed versions of last gen games.

LED Guy?

Banned
Oh man we have been EATING A LOT OF FOOD FROM SONY!!!!

They showed us Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU 2 (that freaking gameplay from TLOU 2 was unbelievable, it is pushing the boundaries of animations/graphics/AI like I have never seen before).

And now we have PlayStation 5 reveal coming very soon....”soon”? Fuck that, it will air on the 4th of June!

I can’t wait!! TLOU 2 on PS5 will be amazing as well, I bet it’ll still have the best graphics and will be running that amazing forest and best looking trees ever at 4K 60FPS!!!! đŸ€ŻđŸ€ŻđŸ”„đŸ”„đŸ„°đŸ„°â€â€

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom