• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

This is a farce.

No,

giphy.gif

hemo memo

So there's my MS Sony game mess
November 2020 :
15 - the bs event which contains exclusive indie developer's 2D next gen games which show ps5 capacity
20 - the bs event 2,0 Which represent first hand's on demo's for those 2d games
25 - ps5 release day event with very big surprise that it will actually lunch with 2 2d games 😳
December
10 - Sony fun day event : a live show of full party in sony head office to celebrate that all world problems solved because of Sony decisions
20 - Jim Ryan secret event , which show top secret game developed by all of 15 Sony studio's , my sources told me that game is a comic's style game which take full advantage of ps5 hardware & controller , by the way that game intial name is Jim Ryan big a!!
My sources at Sony marketing team told me much more informations but I will tell you guys more information in next couple months 😉

24510148-c023-4b0a-aookg5.jpeg

pasterpl

EZp-FBLWsAEOaj3

First the game is 45.8GB without duplicates, then there is the 10% better compression of the Kraken of total game then it's 41.2GB. Now it has no LOD's, speaking of 5 levels of LOD's, it might be sitting around ~30GB. Now if we go by the 8K textures pack of Skyrim, then it should be around 35GB max with compressed 8K textures.

If 100GB disks aren't reasonable, Sony will ditch them, even though it's one of the inventors of the tech.

you are assuming that The game world will be of the same size

Lethal01

November 2020 :
15 - the bs event which contains exclusive indie developer's 2D next gen games which show ps5 capacity
25 - ps5 release day event with very big surprise that it will actually lunch with 2 2d games 😳
December
10 - Sony fun day event : a live show of full party in sony head office to celebrate that all world problems solved because of Sony decisions
20 - Jim Ryan secret event , which show top secret game developed by all of 15 Sony studio's , my sources told me that game is a comic's style game which take full advantage of ps5 hardware & controller , by the way that game intial name is Jim Ryan big a!!
My sources at Sony marketing team told me much more informations but I will tell you guys more information in next couple months 😉

This would be great, I'd love for 2d games and stylized comic book games of the caliber to be used as a technical showcase.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is this Discord thing a real thing or just an imaginary boogieman like the "War on Christmas"?
oh its very real. screenshots of chats were posted here. i believe it was around April 3rd of this year if you want to go back and check.

based on what we i saw in those screenshots:

- Proelite/Dukeblueball was TommyFisher.
- c0de and others used to come up with plans to spread FUD and/or derail positive PS5 threads
- hmgqq, klobrie, Shepshal, Alex Battalia from DF, Timdog and Colbert and the rest of the hall of fame xbox squads were all regulars there
- hmgqq apparently either hacked or had the github leak but this was posted on his twitter. he claimed to have taken down the github folder to make it look like AMD took it down to give it more credibility.
- monkeypunch first outed them and they all showed up here in a few minutes admitting that there was a discord and this post of his was posted there. not the brightest bunch as you can tell. iirc, proelite, colbert and shepshal all showed in a few minutes and aside from ProElite,they never posted here or have since.

Msamy

This would be great, I'd love for 2d games and stylized comic book games of the caliber to be used as a technical showcase.
If that's what you like then ps5 is definitely for you , there are many other secrets that you may like but I gonna share them in next couple months (soon)

Lethal01

If that's what you like then ps5 is definitely for you , there are many other secrets that you may like but I gonna share them in next couple months (soon)

Thanks Cerny, I'm sure there will be some 2d but it's obvious the majority will be big, realistic 3d games as always. Hopefully they throw some scraps for us lovers of stylized too though.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Funnily enough just yesterday RedGamingTech said that multi-bounce Ray-Tracing scales better with higher clock speeds where as higher CU’s can generate more rays.

Let’s see how Dicktator replies 😂

EDIT: this was tweeted 2 months ago, there has been no reply from him...

That's a wonderful catch! You really are good in digging interesting stuff. Let's see Alex's new face expression so we can have more varied memes to use it with.

M-V2

I'm totally with you there. But if they are planning HZD1 on PC, I'm more than sure HZD2 on PS5 will make it look pathetic in comparison.

Many games of this current gen will be dusted, so breathing some life in them on the PC market won't hurt. Do the same to PS5 games when we go to PS6 for example.

Anyway, I doubt anything beyond HZD1 would be released on PC, and Sony can't pull that back now as it's not easy to break a contract with the likes of Steam.
I totally agree with you, infact I have the same exact thoughts 😁

November 2020 :
December

For a moment there I thought I was reading something from Mr X Media.

THE:MILKMAN

Damn, that's big of Linus. Admitting wrongs and ignorance like that ain't easy. Hopefully that will humble some PC elitists regarding the PS5 SSD issue.

That's the thing. For PC gamers if the PS5's I/O pushes the PC vendors and Microsoft etc to fix all the limitations it will uplift current HW that they've spent a lot of money on for no benefit (like a Sata SSD > NVMe drive making virtually no difference in games). They should be pushing and complaining if anything! And thanking Sony in this case....

A liked it, good Linus.

Maybe some of you say this is just clickbait but common guys he admit he was wrong, here almost any of you ever said
that, so who is more mature? .

We all know was Wii U.

Unblocked, liked, reblocked. Just not a fan of the channel in general, but owning a fuck up is commendable.

As for the "concern" of PlayStation games all ending up on PC; maybe it can happen to older PS4 stuff, but if PS5 exclusives are heavily leaning on its IO, it will be years before the average gaming PC will be able to run them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom