• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFXVeteran

Banned
It was obvious VFXVeteran VFXVeteran was talking about the graphical fidelity and was confused when you guys brought up GoW’s one shot style.

Why is that even relevant to this conversation if you didn’t intend to claim that GoW has the same graphics during cinematic and gameplay Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping ?

Its irrelevant how they transition in this conversation other than graphical fidelity.

Like I don't understand this? Wow. Now I have to be completely EXPLICIT in what I mean because people will be looking to prove me wrong on basic assumptions?

NO it doesn't. Not when used in the context of what we are talking about. Why would it even be brought up? Who would care about the camera transition? That adds nothing to the discussion.

Just drop it. You were wrong about God of War.
It was obvious VFXVeteran VFXVeteran was talking about the graphical fidelity and was confused when you guys brought up GoW’s one shot style.

Why is that even relevant to this conversation if you didn’t intend to claim that GoW has the same graphics during cinematic and gameplay Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping ?

Its irrelevant how they transition in this conversation other than graphical fidelity.

I have no interest in you when you avoided my question. seamless transition has an obvious meaning. I can only blame your english skills

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hitchhikers guide to being a fanboy:
Make stupid comment ✅
Incite flame war ✅
Play the victim ✅
You forgot make up fake sources.

• One source tells him Hellblade 2 is realtime running on XSX.
  • He chooses to ignore that source for 8 months and says it is rendered on PC.
  • Then he pulls it out of his pocket and when confronted with the truth, he makes up another source who had traveled back in time to tell him it was pre-rendered on PC and not running on any AMD GPU.

From now on, I am prefacing all of my posts with "I called my mistress over at AMD at midnight for a quick cyber sex session and she confirmed to me that everything I am about to say is true".

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Haven Dev Wants to Use PS5’s 120FPS and DualSense Haptics to Make Gliding Feel as Smooth as Possible

We are at the veeeeery early steps of working on PS5. It’s a bit early for me to say. We will of course try to make the best use of the PS5 new hardware and features. One thing that’s the most exciting to me is to use the new gamepad haptic features and a 120FPS framerate to make gliding as smooth as possible.

1:37

gB7K5KW.png

I don't understand why they'd bother making someone "play" this 1.5 second section with the camera way zoomed off to the side?

1:42

Y0A3Gvc.png

Sure, maybe? But after about a second it's clearly not gameplay.. as the way the camera moves is cinematic when the dino-robot shows up.. then it zooms away towards the robot. Again not sure why they'd bother to "play" so breifly and then cut into what is clearly a cinematic presentation..

8ITBs8d.png

Another of the same for me.. why "play" this with an obviously cinematic camera?

ZeURM7e.png

And again.. same question... why play this? lol

Why not just show.. actual gameplay if the intention was to show gameplay? And not "HUD off and camera nowhere near where it would be during real gameplay?"

It seemed obvious to me the intention was to show a cinematic trailer. With the "Running on PS5" to give an indication that it was real time in engine.

None of what I'm saying about it not being gameplay even has to do with the fidelity.. it just obviously was scripted content.

Do I think the fidelity will match that cinematic content? I honestly have no clue..I hope it matches or exceeds it. But I don't make final judgements on obvious cinematics presented way before a game is out.

I continue to be impressed either way that it was apparently in-engine real time.

You really don't understand?
1 - must still be early in development;
2- we all already knows what Horizon is and how it plays, not need to show a demo explaining like if this was a new IP.
3- the cameras were altered in a few scenes of course with the purpose of giving a better early look at the graphics showcase and the technical powerhouse the game will be.

It's all very very simple, no need to force yourself to not understand.

Like I don't understand this? Wow. Now I have to be completely EXPLICIT in what I mean because people will be looking to prove me wrong on basic assumptions?

Even when you are explicit, you still change the meaning, so personally I don't see the point.

It was rendered. I mean I assumed it was rendered. I mean I had two sources with conflicting information. Dude, you are full of it.

VFXVeteran

Banned
You forgot make up fake sources.

• One source tells him Hellblade 2 is realtime running on XSX.
  • He chooses to ignore that source for 8 months and says it is rendered on PC.
  • Then he pulls it out of his pocket and when confronted with the truth, he makes up another source who had traveled back in time to tell him it was pre-rendered on PC and not running on any AMD GPU.

From now on, I am prefacing all of my posts with "I called my mistress over at AMD at midnight for a quick cyber sex session and she confirmed to me that everything I am about to say is true".

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Just drop it. You were wrong about God of War.

I have no interest in you when you avoided my question. seamless transition has an obvious meaning. I can only blame your english skills
Seamless : having no awkward transitions, interruptions, or indications of disparity
That's the definition. They are not seamless because there is an indication of disparity

Disparity : lack of similarity or equality; inequality; difference

Seamless : having no awkward transitions, interruptions, or indications of disparity
That's the definition. They are not seamless because there is an indication of disparity

And you notice any of these disparities in motion?

No. And don't bother lying.

That's called a seamless transition

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
And you notice any of these disparities in motion?

No. And don't bother lying.

That's called a seamless transition

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

So let me clarify. Because you don't see the transition with your eyes, the true definition of seamless/disparity is defined by your own book?

Are you admitting that GoW cinematics have higher quality rendering than the gameplay? Or are you still convinced because the camera was sync'd with the cinematic that the rendering has to be the same?

Last edited:
Y'all arguing about transitions while I'm on the high ground thinking about what PSVR2's controllers will be like.

As great as the new PS5 controller will probably be, I can't help but wonder how many games could utilize whatever the hell the new PSVR2 controllers are. Ghosts of Tsushima, but with Sony's VR controllers that may have haptic feedback as well for sword swinging combat? Hmm... on second thought, maybe I don't need to look more nerdy while playing video games. On the other hand, Sony should just do a straight up Wii Sports style game. Think of all the ray-tracing on those bowling pins!

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Yes, clearly. It's a matter of perception, which is different from individual to individual.

What's so hard to understand about that? o.0

It is NOT a matter of perception. This isn't an illusion photo that shows a hidden figure around patterns. This is a video game with discrete processes. There is a huge jump in quality of rendering from cinematic to gameplay.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

this is literally the dumbest thing ive read all day and i watched VFXVeteran say some really stupid things today.

We are literally arguing the definition of seamless transitions in 2020 as if this is the first time devs have used realtime cutscenes to do seamless transitions. This is hysterical.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Y'all arguing about transitions while I'm on the high ground thinking about what PSVR2's controllers will be like.

As great as the new PS5 controller will probably be, I can't help but wonder how many games could utilize whatever the hell the new PSVR2 controllers are. Ghosts of Tsushima, but with Sony's VR controllers that may have haptic feedback as well for sword swinging combat? Hmm... on second thought, maybe I don't need to look more nerdy while playing video games. On the other hand, Sony should just do a straight up Wii Sports style game. Think of all the ray-tracing on those bowling pins!

That is amazing, although.. I can't not see a hand gripping a gray penis with a flat base and no balls. I look forward to hearing about PSVR2 though!

Last edited:
this is literally the dumbest thing ive read all day and i watched VFXVeteran say some really stupid things today.

We are literally arguing the definition of seamless transitions in 2020 as if this is the first time devs have used realtime cutscenes to do seamless transitions. This is hysterical.
The argument was the cutscenes have the exact same fidelity as gameplay since they are "seamless". They don't and they aren't. It wasn't about camera placement. If it was there wouldn't be an argument.

VFXVeteran

Banned

Snake get off your high horse bro. You was furious with Sony putting out their GPU that is less powerful than the XSX. You cried about it like a baby and complained. Someone must have converted you again because you are back at it again.

What things have you said in this forum that we can all learn from besides trying to downtalk people? Did you learn that cutscenes aren't rendered in the same quality as gameplay? Do you know how to tell the difference? I put up a very good example already.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Yes, when something is seamless, contrary to to VFX wrong belief, it is based on perception.

You may as well be telling me there are disparities between 4K and 1800p. Some of you eagle hawked people might be able to notice some differences, but most people don't, which makes dynamic resolution between 4K and 1800p seamless

Get it?

I've read through several pages of your drivel back and forth. Getting on my ass, trying to make petty arguments, etc.. and you have said NOTHING of value here. I mean nothing. What else can you tell us about Horizon 2 that we all don't know yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom