• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Here's what I notice, and I'm only speaking about what's going on in this pre-launch window. Playsation team (Sony) isn't saying much of anything, and unless I'm just blind and missing it, not much if anything which would be pointed at MS or XBOX.

XBOX team (mostly), and possibly other MS outlets like to jab at Playstation brand. The fans/loyalists are having a field day with it whenever something goes against MS as a result. It's hard to be a fan and not be defensive when you feel outnumbered in any community. A person would also feel compelled to go all on the offensive whenever something really is positive for XBOX or is perceived to be as well on the converse end of that. This would have likely also happened regardless of whether the XBOX team were taking jabs at the competition.

The thing is, the perception from a Playstation fan base perspective is that other than the quoted on-paper power of the XBOX Console, there hasn't been much to show for it leading up until launch. Add to it that every time they reach out to the communities through any form of media, it is usually a brag (which doesn't seem to usually pan out outside of power power commentary because it's a fact), or a jab at the competition who are showing things at least captured on the hardware regardless of how relative it is to in game performances on a per-title bases or at all.
It's not a good thing to do. It's like a boxer who swings and misses most rounds in a match. You just keep adding those together as a judge and if came down to a decision without a knockout, the underdog would win.

kretos

Banned

tenor.gif

sircaw

Banned
I will say this, it is hard for normal xbox fans to visit this forum.

If you are just a normal fan, an average joe that likes games, it can be hard to come in and what seems like an onslaught of negativity about xbox. But you need to look closer at the problem.

Issue no. one is Fanboys, we have gone over this a million times I believe, but people like Timdog, Eastwood, dealer, these people are bad and toxic for the xbox community.

People like to listen to them because everything is hunky dory at x box central and all stations are full steam ahead. They paint a constant picture of half-truths while at the same time, always fostering negativity in Sony's direction.

On their Podcasts, there is always something negative about ps4. The last one I briefly watched, was about halo being delayed. While talking about Halo they suddenly branched out into "well PlayStation has no games"

They would rather spread fud or negativity at sony than hold Microsoft accountable for that shit storm that was Halo. This is the problem. Then their fans come here, with the same mentality and suddenly realize this is not a safe space like it is in those youtube channels and podcasts.

All I know is, every day there is something negative about PS5, every bloody day, i mean look at that Dusk golem idiot, he felt he needed to balance the sides a bit, Microsoft is a god damn multi-billionaire company, wtf is he doing.

He caused a ripple effect for no good reason. 2-3 days of pure disdain and this is not just him, this is day after day this shit happens with another new leak or person.

So with that in mind, and this next bit is important. Sony fans come out in force, attack these stupid absurd trolling claims, little johnny from dealer podcast sees this, shits his pants, goes running to his mate and says omg Everyone hates Xbox. Without realizing its the fucking idiots of Twitter and youtube that are creating this drama.

Sony fans are getting this none stop, we have had enough.
the fud list i have atm is crazy and there is so much more than xboxs one, it's out of control.

And here is the truth, if sony does not deliver good hardware, good games, and most importantly quality, i will drop them in a flash. I am a paying consumer, the only reason i like em is cos the last generation was simply amazing.

Deliver what I want, I will stick with you, don't and i will ditch you.

Xbox Fans, they are not your friends, expect more, or move to someone who will deliver for you.

Rant over, sorry if it offends,
Fish rule.

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
"Dusk Golem has said that he did come out with that info to try and even out the playfield after the recent Sony and MS news, because he felt bad for the Xbox fanbase. He felt things were too one sided". He mentioned this both on Ree and his tweet. LOL at "console warring is stupid" but let me balance the ship in favor of the poor xfans with my FUD take :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uhsCQtx.png

lol how can anyone take this clown seriously

When MLB The Show goes multiplatform next year I hope Sony can invest some of that profit into more first party games. All major sports games should be multiplat, it's just amazing that Sony owns one. It's typically either EA or 2K.

Logistically, how are San Diego Studio going to spread their workload across their current team? They've only had to support one platform and now they have to support a few more. It's also going to be surreal to see the SIE logo on Xbox.

JonnyMP3

I will say this, it is hard for normal xbox fans to visit this forum.

If you are just a normal fan, an average joe that likes games, it can be hard to come in and what seems like an onslaught of negativity about xbox. But you need to look closer at the problem.

Issue no. one is Fanboys, we have gone over this a million times I believe, but people like Timdog, Eastwood, dealer, these people are bad and toxic for the xbox community.

People like to listen to them because everything is hunky dory at x box central and all stations are full steam ahead. They paint a constant picture of half-truths while at the same time, always fostering negativity in Sony's direction.

On their Podcasts, there is always something negative about ps4. The last one I briefly watched, was about halo being delayed. While talking about Halo they suddenly branched out into "well PlayStation has no games"

They would rather spread fud or negativity at sony than hold Microsoft accountable for that shit storm that was Halo. This is the problem. Then their fans come here, with the same mentality and suddenly realize this is not a safe space like it is in those youtube channels and podcasts.

All I know is, every day there is something negative about PS5, every bloody day, i mean look at that Dusk golem idiot, he felt he needed to balance the sides a bit, Microsoft is a god damn multi-billionaire company, wtf is he doing.

He caused a ripple effect for no good reason. 2-3 days of pure disdain and this is not just him, this is day after day this shit happens with another new leak or person.

So with that in mind, and this next bit is important. Sony fans come out in force, attack these stupid absurd trolling claims, little johnny from dealer podcast sees this, shits his pants, goes running to his mate and says omg Everyone hates Xbox. Without realizing its the fucking idiots of Twitter and youtube that are creating this drama.

the fud list i have atm is crazy and there is so much more than xboxs one, it's out of control.

And here is the truth, if sony does not deliver good hardware, good games, and most importantly quality, i will drop them in a flash. I am a paying consumer, the only reason i like em is cos the last generation was simply amazing.

Deliver what I want, I will stick with you, don't and i will ditch you.

Xbox Fans, they are not your friends, expect more, or move to someone who will deliver for you.

Rant over, sorry if it offends,
Fish rule.
And you say I say smart stuff! 👍

But unfortunately some people will just refuse to grow up and be adults about it because in some weird way because of attachment, they feel like their childhood is attacked.

DaGwaphics

Honestly, most of the FUD spread about PS5 I've seen in equal measure leveled at XSX. XSX certainly had its "no RT" moments and so on.

I think it's more about tribalism than anything else. The majority side will always have the most offenders which causes some of those in the minority to exaggerate things to elevate themselves. This can create the illusion that the exaggerators speak for that group, when the reality is that they are a tiny portion of that group.

We should all have a laugh and try to get along, possibly with a nice group activity like fishing, mass fishing, net fishing, etc.

sircaw

Banned
Honestly, most of the FUD spread about PS5 I've seen in equal measure leveled at XSX. XSX certainly had its "no RT" moments and so on.

I think it's more about tribalism than anything else. The majority side will always have the most offenders which causes some of those in the minority to exaggerate things to elevate themselves. This can create the illusion that the exaggerators speak for that group, when the reality is that they are a tiny portion of that group.

We should all have a laugh and try to get along, possibly with a nice group activity like fishing, mass fishing, net fishing, etc.

I was about to give you a heart when I saw that atrocious comment of yours.
No more Mr nice fish from now on, and yes that was me being Nice.

That reminds me Where is that walking mattress AeneaGames AeneaGames
What you up to Fat cat.

I think one of the main driving forced behind the XSX FUD is because Microsoft really hasn't shown off gameplay on the system yet. It's making it very difficult to speculate on the systems capabilities and thus alot fo FUD gets created as a result of that.

Like someone stated in another thread we haven't seen a 12TF game on the XSX yet. Microsoft really needs to do a better job showing off the systems capabilities.

As to why they are doing this I really don't have a good idea. It's one of the strangest parts of their marketing in my opinion especially with the transparency that they had before.

JonnyMP3

Try to do good, and this is where it ends.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem hurry up and get back here, sort these Skanks out.
I owe you for casting Meteor on my house!

I'll get you, as soon as I find my Bahamut materia...

Didn't want to sound too violent, there's always that old-as-time pastime of fish shooting as well.
Only if we can use a barrel!

Last edited:
What makes you say this, the only people still hung up on dick measuring seem to be Xbox fanboys, the ps people are mostly just hyped for the incoming game announcements

They need to point this lame false accusation towards us so they can take the debate back to this endless loop wich is an opportunity for them to continuously throw the FUDs (redna 1, no RT, 9.2 tf, cerny liar) despite the fact that IS Sony who is showing games that are actually running on Ps5 and doing pretty well so Far.

No matter How much You say to them that it was never a problem to admit that SeriesX is Just more powerfull, but by How much (they Will always make It sound that difference is absurd because they Just want to make ps5 as weak as it can be, thats why all the FUD), they Will always come with the same false accusation.

DaGwaphics

I think one of the main driving forced behind the XSX FUD is because Microsoft really hasn't shown off gameplay on the system yet. It's making it very difficult to speculate on the systems capabilities and thus alot fo FUD gets created as a result of that.

It's odd, though MS has favored PC demonstration in every launch they've ever done. In the past, real performance on the target machine was actually better than performance on the demo PCs. The difference this time is no closed door sessions are being held with the media, where MS has debuted software on production hardware in the past. Could be due to the virus.

Neo Blaster

I wonder what is the Xbox series X fud list in comparison... considering there is a lot more playstation fan it should be longer ... right?

Yet I'm pretty sure it is not, kinda like Xbox extremists fans have been amongst the shittiest posters on internet.

And even better some of the worst playstation extremists fans were just Xbox extremists fans that got disapointed it makes you wonder sometimes .
If it is inherently its community(which would be stupid because every type of individuals can be found in both)

But maybe ...juste maybe... they've been fuelling the console warriors and weaponized their warriors to an extent no other console manufacturer did thus letting them be shitty and sometimes validating directly or indirectly their behaviour.
Seriously, I'm really interested in reading XSX FUD list, can anyone compile it?

Neo Blaster

Yep because Sony warriors are not surfing the internet all day to find potential bad series x news to post here lol. Medium does not have ray tracing and get 200 rabid fan boys calling Phil a liar ect. The constant trolling and baiting every series x thread that is remotely positive. The new tactic of trying to taint playground and other legitimate Microsoft studios with 343. Yes it is the only the evil xbox guys lol.
The RT reference disappeared from the game's page, don't you think people would speculate? This is different from some random/'insider' talking stuff he cannot prove.

Krisprolls

Banned
"Dusk Golem has said that he did come out with that info to try and even out the playfield after the recent Sony and MS news, because he felt bad for the Xbox fanbase. He felt things were too one sided". He mentioned this both on Ree and his tweet. LOL at "console warring is stupid" but let me balance the ship in favor of the poor xfans with my FUD take :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uhsCQtx.png

This guy is something else. "Console warring is stupid, so let me fuel the fire to even things up." Priceless.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

uhsCQtx.png
So, instead of demanding Xbox to improve their offering, let's just bring PS5 down to level field... ridiculous.

Here's what I notice.
  • Pretty much everything Sony has shown was running on a PS5. Pretty much everything Microsoft has shown has been running on PC. Have we seen anything at all running on Series X yet?
  • Microsoft are the ones who feel the need continue to talk whereas Sony are happy mostly being quiet. Certainly sounds like Sony are confident in their hand whereas Microsoft are having to shout and tweet out downs of the competition etc.
  • Microsoft are the ones who seem like they are bringing out a vastly cut down version if their console in order to give a cheaper option. Sure Sony have the digital edition, but its the same machine just without a disc drive. That implies its Microsoft who are more worried about cost.
  • It is Microsoft who have had to delay one of their big launch titles because of development issues, not Sony.
Now none of that means there aren't going to be issues with the PS5. But it does make you think!

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Here's what I notice.
  • Pretty much everything Sony has shown was running on a PS5. Pretty much everything Microsoft has shown has been running on PC. Have we seen anything at all running on Series X yet?
  • Microsoft are the ones who feel the need continue to talk whereas Sony are happy mostly being quiet. Certainly sounds like Sony are confident in their hand whereas Microsoft are having to shout and tweet out downs of the competition etc.
  • Microsoft are the ones who seem like they are bringing out a vastly cut down version if their console in order to give a cheaper option. Sure Sony have the digital edition, but its the same machine just without a disc drive. That implies its Microsoft who are more worried about cost.
  • It is Microsoft who have had to delay one of their big launch titles because of development issues, not Sony.

First part is highly accurate. I think we all need to be worried about this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom