• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTCx

New here...hey everyone!

FatSpectacularInganue-size_restricted.gif

Seeing the last info/rumors of the new series of NVIDIA is more clear than ever than they will
focus its marketing in ray-tracing:

"Our high end cards like RTX 3080 and 3090 have the double of performance than any console"

The reason will be because even when those GPUs are much stronger than the consoles using rasterization
that delta will be not the double of the consoles, so any title in console running to 30 fps will be almost impossible
the same run to a constant 60 fps in PC. Of course you can have title which when you unlock in console run closer
to 50 fps then yes in PC will be "easy" to run it to 60 while the console still with a lock 30 fps.

Regarding the DLSS will depend if Sony and Xbox don't mention they will use something similar, is probably
both companies doesn't want to do it this year because they don't want the users start to say phrases like
"is not real 4k","the consoles cannot do 4k".

So in this case NVIDIA will use harder for marketing purposes.

In other topics..... they still searching people for this position .... kill me

Last edited:

JaseMath

Seeing the last info/rumors of the new series of NVIDIA is more clear than ever than they will

"Our high end cards like RTX 3080 and 3090 have the double of performance than any console"

The reason will be because even when those GPUs are much stronger than the consoles using rasterization
that delta will be not the double of the consoles, so any title in console running to 30 fps will be almost impossible
the same run to a constant 60 fps in PC. Of course you can have title which when you unlock in console run closer
to 50 fps then yes in PC will be "easy" to run it to 60 while the console still with a lock 30 fps.

Regarding the DLSS will depend if Sony and Xbox don't mention they will use something similar, is probably
both companies doesn't want to do it this year because they don't want the users start to say phrases like

In other topics..... they still searching people for this positions .... kill me

MP4 Holiday 2022 Let's gooooooooo!!!

JonnyMP3

the best Terminator ever, besides that one scene in three where the female terminator looks at the billboard and her breasts get bigger.

That chick was super hot. :messenger_heart:
This is wrong. The best part of Rise of the Machines is the crane truck flipping. Boob inflation a close second.
You're both wrong!
The best part if Terminator 3:Rise of the Machines was.....

The end! :messenger_pensive:
Such a goddamn disappointment.

Here's what I notice.
  • Pretty much everything Sony has shown was running on a PS5. Pretty much everything Microsoft has shown has been running on PC. Have we seen anything at all running on Series X yet?
  • Microsoft are the ones who feel the need continue to talk whereas Sony are happy mostly being quiet. Certainly sounds like Sony are confident in their hand whereas Microsoft are having to shout and tweet out downs of the competition etc.
  • Microsoft are the ones who seem like they are bringing out a vastly cut down version if their console in order to give a cheaper option. Sure Sony have the digital edition, but its the same machine just without a disc drive. That implies its Microsoft who are more worried about cost.
  • It is Microsoft who have had to delay one of their big launch titles because of development issues, not Sony.
Now none of that means there aren't going to be issues with the PS5. But it does make you think!
Bloomberg's Jason already said last year that XsX is way behind schedule. He was confused when Microsoft showed XsX in December 2019 and Spencer was very confident. However, it seems everything Microsoft showed was all smoke and mirrors. Velocity Architecture is still under development. API is still in progress, games aren't yet running on XSX.

I am a real FUD maker 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Call me SakoFUDkillercoltAlexWood

Moses85

In other topics..... they still searching people for this positions .... kill me

What a fucking joke.
It was the worst idea ever to source the development out to Bandai.

Release for Switch 2 confirmed.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Yet again you fail to understand a basic point that's quite common with you I believe mister "I dunno the difference between small ans smaller".
Did I say no sony fans did it? No just to a way lesser extent than the 2:1/3:1 sales lead to believe, check a FUD list.
By the way nobody trashed playground games to my knowledge but please enlighten me.
About the Medium when you stamp it with a raytracing logo then removes it, even by mistake, is a lot more ground than a youtube comment by a random douche saying the ps5 is overheating.
And Phil lied countless times unless you can play Vr on Xbox one X or that he no longer does timed exclusivity or the parity clause or other examples those were just a droplet in an ocean.
I hope your ok dealing with those whole 2 negative PS5 threads this month the horror. Not like your team is is trying to paint avowd and fable as mmo and gaas to try and taint them or anything lol. If a whole 2 negative threads this month are this worrisome I don't think you last a minute on a losing side.
The RT reference disappeared from the game's page, don't you think people would speculate? This is different from some random/'insider' talking stuff he cannot prove.
It was not speculation it was right to calling everyone at Microsoft liars. Just like how many times in the velocity thread has the head series x architect been called a liar and any io the series x does is vapor ware or like "the cloud". The thread was unreadable because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom