• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyMP3

There is a guy on the other place, constantly posting Playstation financial updates related to games and sometimes console sale numbers. He also very rarely does some financial forecasts and games sale number projections, and he did one for PS5 price that he expected based on Sony's own PSN revenue forecasts etc. -> he says that PS5 price will be less than 499$ and following suit, Digital Edition less than 459$.

Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...-ps5-will-probably-cost-less-than-499.268251/
Those are my 2 guesses on the PS5 price poll! 🔥

These waves of anti-PS5 FUD are seriously maddening at this point. Why are people so against the console?

This is beyond weird. Why are people capping for a trillion dollar companys. What gets me the same people FUDING have PS4's. Thats the lunacy of it all. They have PS4's

You think it's bad now.The tear down & when the retail units are out. Going to be all kinds of crying & bitching.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's sad that people in his position make such stupid statements.

He also said " I want to make sure both narrative-driven single-player games and service-based games have the opportunity to succeed. I think that’s critical for us." in the same breath.

Dude says a lot of shit lol.. that ramble was not one of his better ones.

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned
There is a guy on the other place, constantly posting Playstation financial updates related to games and sometimes console sale numbers. He also very rarely does some financial forecasts and games sale number projections, and he did one for PS5 price that he expected based on Sony's own PSN revenue forecasts etc. -> he says that PS5 price will be less than 499$ and following suit, Digital Edition less than 459$.

Link: https://www.resetera.com/threads/an...-ps5-will-probably-cost-less-than-499.268251/
499$ and 399$ are still most reasonable prices if you ask me

[XSX 449$ and XSS 299$]

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned

please be 400 in UK money or 30000 00000 billion in Zimbabwean dollars

It's sad that people in his position make such stupid statements.

Is it just me or everyone at MS is just really really REALLY bad at predicting or forecasting the future of their own industry?! Like Ballmer and Mattrick and now Spencer.
He said that about bought Zelda and horizon like a few weeks after they came out in 2017
That is even worse cause that means he was on the bandwagon/fad that 'singe player games are dying and service games are the future' even back then and didn't change a bit till now! Boy is he the worst possible platform head for Xbox at this juncture or am I alone in that sentiment?

DaGwaphics

Um what's going on here?

giphy.gif

JonnyMP3

Is it just me or everyone at MS is just really really REALLY bad at predicting or forecasting the future of their own industry?! Like Ballmer and Mattrick and now Spencer.
Stupidly ridiculously rich people have no idea about the common person so they have no idea what the consumer actually wants.
And even if the consumer does tell them what they want, they're too damn arrogant to listen.
Welcome to every big corporation, ever.

jimbojim

Banned
No, it wasn't. It ran like shit, especially on that part with the cabin where the old man got attacked by a werewolf. It WILL get fixed, it WILL get smooth, but that particular gameplay WASN'T 30 fps. Not by a long shot.

It's the same crap when you say Just Cause 3 is 1080/30, but game ran like shit. Yeah, RE8 was showed as 4k/30 in that trailer,

jimbojim

Banned
Then it's unstable 30fps. Like, Dark Souls 1 New Londo Ruins on PS3 unstable. Game would drop to 5 frames per seconds at some points.

Of course you won't label your new showcased game at the end of the trailer like 4k/unstable 30. Nobody's doing that. Pixel and performance count is for tech analyst.

Neo Blaster

These waves of anti-PS5 FUD are seriously maddening at this point. Why are people so against the console?
Because they cannot accept their favorite piece of plastic is currently a mess and, instead of blaming the true responsible for that and demand more from him, decided to downplay the competition to drag them into the mud so everyone is leveled on crappy land.

Last edited:

ksdixon

I think it's battered wife syndrome.

XB fans haven't had it good since like 2009 when MS ditched them to chase the Wii/mobile crowd with 360 Kinnect. They had a disastrous last gen with XB1. They never want to pull Phil Spencer on his obvious lies and BS "he'll do better, he promises!".

It's jealousy, looking at how Sony treats it's customers with good games.

Not sure if this has been posted already. What a slap lol.

I created a thread but it appears people are mostly talking about the ownage over Twitter instead of the news from the developer.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tried to remove that FUD maker from it but I failed.

Last edited:
Stupidly ridiculously rich people have no idea about the common person so they have no idea what the consumer actually wants.
And even if the consumer does tell them what they want, they're too damn arrogant to listen.
Welcome to every big corporation, ever.
But to contrast, why then Sony has been making rounds and listening not just gamers and consumers but also developers as well when they are architecting their consoles and when they are giving directives to their worldwide studios to make quality games under PS Studios banner; aren't they a big corporation as well?

No mate, MS is the big anti-consumer corporation out of the two, Sony is just a big corporation that is also pro-consumer.

JonnyMP3

But to contrast, why then Sony has been making rounds and listening not just gamers and consumers but also developers as well when they are architecting their consoles and when they are giving directives to their worldwide studios to make quality games under PS Studios banner; aren't they a big corporation as well?

No mate, MS is the big anti-consumer corporation out of the two, Sony is just a big corporation that is also pro-consumer.
Probably because Microsoft are mainly in the enterprise sector and Sony are more in the consumer sector. Microsoft doesn't have to care about the average consumer because their main product isn't for the general consumer it's software and Data Centres. So even if they don't listen to the general consumer of Xbox... They don't give a crap.

Whereas Sony's is making hardware for the consumer. So they need to listen to the consumer or risk losing the huge gains in revenue they've had during the PS4 life cycle.

Last edited:

JTCx

Because they cannot accept their favorite piece of plastic is currently a mess and, instead of blaming the true responsible for that and demand more for him, decided to downplay the competition to drag them into the mud so everyone is leveled on crappy land.
They should just blame themselves. Theres no reason to choose a side. If the product is ass then take the fucking money elsewhere. Got no sympathy for them. Lmao

WarmWhirlwindIcelandichorse-size_restricted.gif

Nickolaidas

I don't understand the significance of using liquid metal.

Will this have a positive impact on, say, the PS5 running quieter than the PS4 (mine sounds like a jet engine about to take off)? Or mean the machine is less likely to have heat problems?
AFAIK, if applied correctly, liquid metal can produce much better results than normal thermal paste.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
ok guys, need some help with the fud list.

As you know i am not technical, anything that needs replacing or if there is anything more you can think of in terms of bullshit that has been spouted.

Here is the shortlist. copied, pasted, stolen, robbed, anymore you guys can think off

• PS5 lacks hardware-accelerated ray tracing​
  • Ray casting audio support only​
  • PS5 will have virtually no launch games; Series X will have an abundance of AAA games from the get-go​
  • PS5's GPU is based on RDNA -1, developed by Roblox user xXAiden-x2005Xx while on work experience at Sony HQ. Bosses ran with the idea because lack of funds​
  • Cerny boosted the clocks in a last-ditch response to Xbox. PS5 is secretly a 9 TFlop machine.​
  • PS5 is having fabrication difficulties; not enough units at launch​
  • PS5 BoM is rising beyond control. Might cost upward of $600.​
  • PS5 is overheating, continually crashing, and engineers are scrambling to fix the problem​
  • PS5 is hard to develop for, almost PS3 levels of incompetence​
  • PS5 has trouble reaching native 4K​
  • PS5 was overclocked at the last minute​
  • PS5 boosts to 10.3tflops only, its 'base clock' is 9tflops, Cerny lying​
  • Devs are having a nightmare making games for it​
  • Xbox 4000 games at launch, Ps5 only 100.​
  • The console is twice as big as Series X (fake measurement)​
  • Sony paid Tim Sweeney to say PS5 is a game-changer​
  • The tunnel in unreal engine 5 was needed for loading, rubbish SSD.​
  • UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem​
  • PS5 is struggling with RE8 @ 1080P/30fps xbox 4k 60​
  • PS5 struggles with 4K games#​
  • Spider-man: MM is an expansion pack​
  • Sony is trying to money-hat big 3rd party games as they are scared of Digital Foundry face-off​
  • Craig looked bad because of the lighting​
  • PlayStation exclusives all coming to pc.​
  • Exclusives are anti Consumer​
  • Alex continuously spread uncertainty about the ps5 ray-tracing capabilities even after the second wired article confirming it was hardware-based.​
  • Controller to heavy​
  • Battery life is less than Ps4​
  • Phil De'spencer says single-player games like horizon zero dawn don't have the same impact anymore.​
  • The PlayStation 5 SSD Will Not Change Open World Games Dramatically Alexander Battaglia
  • People's fingers hurting so much for short play​
  • Lightbar causing extra heating, people sweating.​
  • Dolphin game dev said he could only get 120fps on XSX while PS5 is just 60fps,​
  • Phil Spencer: ”I felt good after the PS5 show​
  • Sony is not our Competition​
  • Sony produces Cinematic walking only simulators, once and down, no game-play games.​
  • Quantum error struggles to hit 30 fps at 4k in CORRIDORS, Developer responds to Tweet, actually, we are hitting 65-75 fps unoptimized, and not just Corridors.​
  • Xbox era crew getting caught red-handed literally plotting strategies on how to attack the ps5​
  • Alex joining the Xbox era discord crew is simply unacceptable for a DF employee​

Last edited:

JonnyMP3

AFAIK, if applied correctly, liquid metal can produce much better results than normal thermal paste.

It gives a thinner layer for quicker thermal conduction from CPU to heatsink compared to paste.

Gamernyc78

Banned
ok guys, need some help with the fud list.

As you know i am not technical, anything that needs replacing or if there is anything more you can think of in terms of bullshit that has been spouted.

Here is the shortlist. copied, pasted, stolen, robbed, anymore you guys can think off

• PS5 lacks hardware-accelerated ray tracing​
  • Ray casting audio support only​
  • PS5 will have virtually no launch games; Series X will have an abundance of AAA games from the get-go​
  • PS5's GPU is based on RDNA -1, developed by Roblox user xXAiden-x2005Xx while on work experience at Sony HQ. Bosses ran with the idea because lack of funds​
  • Cerny boosted the clocks in a last-ditch response to Xbox. PS5 is secretly a 9 TFlop machine.​
  • PS5 is having fabrication difficulties; not enough units at launch​
  • PS5 BoM is rising beyond control. Might cost upward of $600.​
  • PS5 is overheating, continually crashing, and engineers are scrambling to fix the problem​
  • PS5 is hard to develop for, almost PS3 levels of incompetence​
  • PS5 has trouble reaching native 4K​
  • PS5 was overclocked at the last minute​
  • PS5 boosts to 10.3tflops only, its 'base clock' is 9tflops, Cerny lying​
  • Devs are having a nightmare making games for it​
  • Xbox 4000 games at launch, Ps5 only 100.​
  • The console is twice as big as Series X (fake measurement)​
  • Sony paid Tim Sweeney to say PS5 is a game-changer​
  • The tunnel in unreal engine 5 was needed for loading, rubbish SSD.​
  • UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem​
  • PS5 is struggling with RE8 @ 1080P/30fps xbox 4k 60​
  • PS5 struggles with 4K games#​
  • Spider-man: MM is an expansion pack​
  • Sony is trying to money-hat big 3rd party games as they are scared of Digital Foundry face-off​
  • Craig looked bad because of the lighting​
  • PlayStation exclusives all coming to pc.​
  • Exclusives are anti Consumer​
  • Alex continuously spread uncertainty about the ps5 ray-tracing capabilities even after the second wired article confirming it was hardware-based.​
  • Controller to heavy​
  • Battery life is less than Ps4​
  • Phil De'spencer says single-player games like horizon zero dawn don't have the same impact anymore.​
  • The PlayStation 5 SSD Will Not Change Open World Games Dramatically Alexander Battaglia
  • People's fingers hurting so much for short play​
  • Lightbar causing extra heating, people sweating.​
  • Dolphin game dev said he could only get 120fps on XSX while PS5 is just 60fps,​
  • Phil Spencer: ”I felt good after the PS5 show​
  • Sony is not our Competition​
  • Sony produces Cinematic walking only simulators, once and down, no game-play games.​
  • Quantum error struggles to hit 30 fps at 4k in CORRIDORS, Developer responds to Tweet, actually, we are hitting 65-75 fps unoptimized, and not just Corridors.​
  • Xbox era crew getting caught red-handed literally plotting strategies on how to attack the ps5​
  • Alex joining the Xbox era discord crew is simply unacceptable for a DF employee​

The PS5 wireless controller will give your balls cancer 😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom