• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudius

Yes! Let's round them up and send them to centralized locations. Let's call them "camps" so it sounds nice and fun. Once there, we can re-educate them until they see the light. Hell, we could even call them "education camps!" Sounds so good!

Then if people refuse to come to our fun camps or are resisting the educational programs we so generously are offering we'll have to figure out some way to ensure they can't influence the others. Hmm.......will have to think about that one. :messenger_winking_tongue:

A soft fat nazi. Reeminds me of a certain forum...

TLZ

Banned
"Dusk Golem has said that he did come out with that info to try and even out the playfield after the recent Sony and MS news, because he felt bad for the Xbox fanbase. He felt things were too one sided". He mentioned this both on Ree and his tweet. LOL at "console warring is stupid" but let me balance the ship in favor of the poor xfans with my FUD take :messenger_tears_of_joy:

uhsCQtx.png
What a pathetic loser.

user1337

I personally hope Sony doesn't fall into the 4K trap. Instead opting to give me the option to either have that (native or checkerboard type, I don't really care as I don't use a magnifying glass to play my games); or play at 1440p (or equivalent) with good HDR and all the bells and whistles at hopefully higher frame rates.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Some more you can add:

- PS5 is a hybrid RDNA 1.5, RDNA 1 with raytracing tacked on
- PS5 doesn't have VRS
- PS5 will run games 40-50FPS lesser than XSX
- PS5 Tempest Engine is reusing a CU from GPU. 36CUs includes Tempest Engine CU, so PS5 Teraflops is actually lower
- PS5 was supposed to be released on 2019, they pushed it to 2020, hence all their parts are older than XSX
- PS5 devkits werent ready in time, whereas XSX retail unit was already ready by December 2019
- PS5 registered hardware patents too late, they aren't ready for 2020 Holiday release
- MS completely surprised Sony for Next-Gen, PS5 launch and pre-launch is similar to PS3. History is repeating itself
- Development in PS5 is hard like PS3. Devs are having a hard time developing games for PS5
- PS5 PSU is 200watts, its APU is small too.
- PS5 is using AMD's mobile APU range, this range doesnt have raytracing as well (the whole Big Navi 20/21/22 jazz)
- There is no machine learning in PS5
- Dualsense is X1 Controller xerox
- PS5 doesnt have raytracing because they barely talked about it in Road to PS5 video
- Due to hardware backwards compatibility requirement, Sony had to make PS5 weak

there were 52 points already, no more lol, NO MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>..

Jesus christ Xbox fanboys and you say people always say they get picked on.

sircaw

Banned
Here is the finished article people.

Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem added some beautiful artwork if you care to look.

I think it's pretty snazzy.

It put it in context, 52 bullet points, in about 5 hours, had lots of help from people. Thank you everyone for the help.

I could have gone all the way up to 75 but the list was getting out of control, that is saying something lol.

Last edited:

Redlight

ok guys, need some help with the fud list.

As you know i am not technical, anything that needs replacing or if there is anything more you can think of in terms of bullshit that has been spouted.

Here is the shortlist. copied, pasted, stolen, robbed, anymore you guys can think off

• PS5 lacks hardware-accelerated ray tracing​
  • Ray casting audio support only​
  • PS5 will have virtually no launch games; Series X will have an abundance of AAA games from the get-go​
  • PS5's GPU is based on RDNA -1, developed by Roblox user xXAiden-x2005Xx while on work experience at Sony HQ. Bosses ran with the idea because lack of funds​
  • Cerny boosted the clocks in a last-ditch response to Xbox. PS5 is secretly a 9 TFlop machine.​
  • PS5 is having fabrication difficulties; not enough units at launch​
  • PS5 BoM is rising beyond control. Might cost upward of $600.​
  • PS5 is overheating, continually crashing, and engineers are scrambling to fix the problem​
  • PS5 is hard to develop for, almost PS3 levels of incompetence​
  • PS5 has trouble reaching native 4K​
  • PS5 was overclocked at the last minute​
  • PS5 boosts to 10.3tflops only, its 'base clock' is 9tflops, Cerny lying​
  • Devs are having a nightmare making games for it​
  • Xbox 4000 games at launch, Ps5 only 100.​
  • The console is twice as big as Series X (fake measurement)​
  • Sony paid Tim Sweeney to say PS5 is a game-changer​
  • The tunnel in unreal engine 5 was needed for loading, rubbish SSD.​
  • UE5 demo was running on a Chinese laptop no problem​
  • PS5 is struggling with RE8 @ 1080P/30fps xbox 4k 60​
  • PS5 struggles with 4K games#​
  • Spider-man: MM is an expansion pack​
  • Sony is trying to money-hat big 3rd party games as they are scared of Digital Foundry face-off​
  • Craig looked bad because of the lighting​
  • PlayStation exclusives all coming to pc.​
  • Exclusives are anti Consumer​
  • Alex continuously spread uncertainty about the ps5 ray-tracing capabilities even after the second wired article confirming it was hardware-based.​
  • Controller to heavy​
  • Battery life is less than Ps4​
  • Phil De'spencer says single-player games like horizon zero dawn don't have the same impact anymore.​
  • The PlayStation 5 SSD Will Not Change Open World Games Dramatically Alexander Battaglia
  • People's fingers hurting so much for short play​
  • Lightbar causing extra heating, people sweating.​
  • Dolphin game dev said he could only get 120fps on XSX while PS5 is just 60fps,​
  • Phil Spencer: ”I felt good after the PS5 show​
  • Sony is not our Competition​
  • Sony produces Cinematic walking only simulators, once and down, no game-play games.​
  • Quantum error struggles to hit 30 fps at 4k in CORRIDORS, Developer responds to Tweet, actually, we are hitting 65-75 fps unoptimized, and not just Corridors.​
  • Xbox era crew getting caught red-handed literally plotting strategies on how to attack the ps5​
  • Alex joining the Xbox era discord crew is simply unacceptable for a DF employee​

The victim card. Oh, you poor baby.

Dodkrake

Banned
The major problem i have with this is: what? RE8 is not made on PS5 from the beginning? The PS5 version is where all the sells will go. And RE8 is not made with PS5 architecture in mind? They think about the PS5 at the very end of the process? Really? It can only mean one thing: it's a PS4 game with corridors.... and it can't run on PS5? A corridors game? Really? Because if RE8 were open world, it would have no problem running on PS5. The PS5 is design for this type of games... that's why this makes no sense.

It makes sense if you are not drinking Microsoft's KOOL aid.

Game mechanics are developed for the lowest common denominator. If RESI8 was also to be a PS4 game, it may very well have corridors and other last gen features, even if they scrapped the PS4 version

Redlight

Imagine after seeing that list you're initial thought is bring out the "victim card" lol.

you should be hating on those fud spreaders, not fucking siding with them you muppet.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.
It took two cracks at a reply to come up with this?

I'd take your claim more seriously if you were actually offended by FUD. You're not. You are offended by anything vaguely negative being suggested about Playstation and only that.

• LOL
Reactions: Rea

sircaw

Banned
It took two cracks at a reply to come up with this?

I'd take your claim more seriously if you were actually offended by FUD. You're not. You are offended by anything vaguely negative being suggested about Playstation and only that.

Do you think those points are a good thing?

Make a list where Xbox has half of that shit thrown at them you cant. do you know i actually stopped at point 52, i got tired, i could of kept on going to fucking 100, that's like 6 hours of work.

Take a week, go on, go make a list and see how much shit sony fans have thrown at Xbox, Your gonna struggle to get to point Ten.

How is it possible that Sony dominates with so much mind share but all the fud is coming from the xbox side. ITs meant to be the other way round surely.

Even when the proof is right in front of your eyes, you deflect it away, you defend these people.

Why, Why Why,

fud effects every one of us, it's bad, it causes strife,

Please stop defending it.

JonnyMP3

I had an Xbox and 360. I remember when Microsoft wasn't just about multiplayer GaaS games.
Discovered JRPGs on the 360 if you can believe it.
I can believe it. I was there. It was proper competition to be the best games maker and make games. The games that both of us played on.
I'm wishing for those that still are on that platform, including my own friends still on Xbox, more actual variety of games to play again like the previous 360 gen.

If people want to argue against facts that Xbox has had a dearth of playable software then I don't know what to say about that. All I know is I've seen my friend buy the One and then an X after... But I also know the lack of exclusive games has pissed him off. And I'm sure it's pissed a lot of people off. And that's a shame.
The narrative of PS fanboys being afraid and putting MS down... No. PS won the generation. They're trying to tell Xbox "Pick up your game!"

This convenient hair splitting chestnut? I'm not a subscriber to this particular theory, this is a console discussion. I don't have a good quality gaming PC, certainly nothing that would go close to the power of a Series X.

Xbox games are exclusively Xbox in my house. If they're not in yours, then good luck to you.
Not hair splitting at all... this is a game we can all play right now, no xsx needed, which by all accounts will cost additional $500 or so than we need to spend in order to play it. So, again, any valid examples?

xHunter

This convenient hair splitting chestnut? I'm not a subscriber to this particular theory, this is a console discussion. I don't have a good quality gaming PC, certainly nothing that would go close to the power of a Series X.

Xbox games are exclusively Xbox in my house. If they're not in yours, then good luck to you.

Is that the new slogan whenever they announce new games now?

*announcer voice*
"World Premiere
Possibly exclusive in your house"

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member

...or you could just have said: “I’m sorry. I made an error. There are no games coming to Series X that are exclusive.”

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
Your screenshots showed the texture, lighting, shaders and models are all clearly improved. That's why it's funny.

Really? Show me specifically an improvement in those things. Download the screenshots and circle them explicitly. I'd love to know what lighting technique was done outside of the conventional standard direct lighting equation found in every game to date. You can even point out any energy-conserving differences too. I'd also like to see a more detailed model. And please point out more accurate PBR shading on skin. I'm not sure how the hell you can tell about the diffuse, and specular terms of the shaders but I'd love to see how your eye is better than mine in picking out this in screenshots unless you're going to be a fanboy and call everything done on a PS5 as "improved" with no evidence to back it up.

And finally, if you thought what I posted was inaccurate, you could have challenged me in that thread instead of sneaking behind my back on this thread talking about me. That's pretty cowardly if you ask me.

Last edited:
Really? Show me specifically an improvement in those things. Download the screenshots and circle them explicitly. I'd love to know what lighting technique was done outside of the conventional standard direct lighting equation found in every game to date. You can even point out any energy-conserving differences too. I'd also like to see a more detailed model. And please point out more accurate PBR shading on skin. I'm not sure how the hell you can tell about the diffuse, and specular terms of the shaders but I'd love to see how your eye is better than mine in picking out this in screenshots unless you're going to be a fanboy and call everything done on a PS5 as "improved" with no evidence to back it up.

And finally, if you thought what I posted was inaccurate, you could have challenged me in that thread instead of sneaking behind my back on this thread talking about me. That's pretty cowardly if you ask me.

Hey VFX i'm curious to know what other games you haven't played this gen that you think are overated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom