• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinthor

Gold Member
No ps1,ps2 and ps3 BC for ps5.

That makes sense. I couldn't imagine that they WOULD have had BC all the way back to PS1. I mean...would be a marketing point I guess but other than that, VERY limited utility. Maybe to play some stuff for nostalgia...but I can't see that I would ever seriously use BC like that. I'm sure a few others would disagree and would use it extensively, but I think it's just a fact that the majority of the market wouldn't really use it. If that were different, then they WOULD prioritize having BC all the way back.

Mr Moose

There's a 25% off PS+ thing on the store.
You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You already own

PlayStation®Plus
What kind of bullshit is this? lol
I wasn't going to buy it anyway but ehhhh.

Mahavastu

The IGN video got updated 2016, the article of the xbone e3 2013 show got updated 2016. Care to explain, why IGN updates a 3 year old by then article?
I don't care why you think they changed something...

Anyway, here 2 timestamped reaction videos from a rather unimportant Youtuber, who probably did not care to change any audio...

1. The original when he was watching live. You can here the silence of 2-3 seconds and then a light applause

2. the "boo" version. He explains later, that it was faked using the audio from an earlier moment of the event, when a demo did not work

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I've seen this claim a lot. The 'secret Xbox Discord' which was really an undercover operation to destroy Playstation. :eek:

It might be true, I guess. I'm certainly not going to take it for granted given how much bullshit is swallowed without hesitation.

What's the actual evidence? Point me in the right direction.

PlbGox6.jpg
Just to piggyback on this. They would organize mass reporting of PS fans in the era Playstation Technical Spec thread, and get them all banned. This happened for quite some time until mods finally caught on and banned them all for mass reporting.

So they would troll PS users in a PS thread, and any people took the bait, they mass reported everyone. Mods on era have already said that they only look at reports when banning people so any time they saw multiple reports on one post, they would immediately look at it and ban the user. I remember when this happened. It was when Brad Sams said something about the PS5 being a 9 tflops system. Someone in the PS5 thread posted it, and just like that they all descended on that thread and started calling out users for insulting a forum member. (Bsams had an account there.) Around 5 PS fans were banned that day in that thread, but im glad to see these fuckers got their comeuppance soon after.

this was only a couple of days before monkeypunch posted the screenshots of the discord. they are losers. and it wasnt just relegated to era. They showed up here on gaf in this very thread within five minutes of monkeypunch first revealing the discord back in december of last year. I didnt even know colbert or shepshal had an account here but they both showed up to deny it immediately. proelite used to be the only one who posted here semi-regularly but he showed up immediately as well. these idiots indirectly confirmed the existence of a discord by denying it.

sircaw

Banned
Just to piggyback on this. They would organize mass reporting of PS fans in the era Playstation Technical Spec thread, and get them all banned. This happened for quite some time until mods finally caught on and banned them all for mass reporting.

So they would troll PS users in a PS thread, and any people took the bait, they mass reported everyone. Mods on era have already said that they only look at reports when banning people so any time they saw multiple reports on one post, they would immediately look at it and ban the user. I remember when this happened. It was when Brad Sams said something about the PS5 being a 9 tflops system. Someone in the PS5 thread posted it, and just like that they all descended on that thread and started calling out users for insulting a forum member. (Bsams had an account there.) Around 5 PS fans were banned that day in that thread, but im glad to see these fuckers got their comeuppance soon after.

this was only a couple of days before monkeypunch posted the screenshots of the discord. they are losers. and it wasnt just relegated to era. They showed up here on gaf in this very thread within five minutes of monkeypunch first revealing the discord back in december of last year. I didnt even know colbert or shepshal had an account here but they both showed up to deny it immediately. proelite used to be the only one who posted here semi-regularly but he showed up immediately as well. these idiots indirectly confirmed the existence of a discord by denying it.

this stuff is incredible.

Doncabesa

That discord server is practically the illuminati in your eyes, it's hilarious. You really think there is anything like that? Hell the guy who created/runs the server is on this site often, you have no idea what is going on but making a vast conspiracy is easier than "group of people who like video games and have a decent number of veteran industry people who just like to shoot the shit in there". There is no edict to "spread FUD" and it never happens, ask @Anal Wake who was just in there for a week. It's the exact opposite of what you think, and no number of doctored or out of context screenshots will change that simple fact. If you want FUD spreading just look at what this thread has become, find every possible positive talking point about one company and every negative possible talking point about the other. Then claim that others are the ones making things up to make themselves feel better.

You do realize it's the Xbox Era discord, there is nothing hidden about it. There is a website/forum/Youtube page and everything ffs. You intimate that they're "idiots for indirectly confirming its existence" when it has never been hidden.

People should try and check in now and again, not to lose touch, we are in the end a small community.

As much as i hate TheGreatWhiteShark TheGreatWhiteShark for example, he is an ugly looking fish, after all, i am glad he is on this site, we need different people and different opinions to make this place interesting, no matter how crazy or warped their views are. :messenger_sad_relieved:
I love you too orange-pinky fish :messenger_heart: 🦈

Sethbacca

I dont understand why people care about ps1,2 and 3 BC complete pointless feature imo

I mean, it's mostly pointless, but PS1 & 2 emulation in software is stupidly easy at this point. It seems almost foolish NOT to include it. PS3 I can see being more of a challenge though.

hemo memo

Gold Member
So tell me what did people defending Sony or Nintendo do?Did they create fake insiders and rumors discrediting the competition?Spread lies constantly ?
Because I haven't seen anything worse than what happenned with that discord, it was also filled with racism and sexism too.

No but they treat Sony as the do no wrong pro consumer company.

Nintendo fans are doing their Nintendo thing.

kyliethicc

That discord server is practically the illuminati in your eyes, it's hilarious. You really think there is anything like that? Hell the guy who created/runs the server is on this site often, you have no idea what is going on but making a vast conspiracy is easier than "group of people who like video games and have a decent number of veteran industry people who just like to shoot the shit in there". There is no edict to "spread FUD" and it never happens, ask @Anal Wake who was just in there for a week. It's the exact opposite of what you think, and no number of doctored or out of context screenshots will change that simple fact. If you want FUD spreading just look at what this thread has become, find every possible positive talking point about one company and every negative possible talking point about the other. Then claim that others are the ones making things up to make themselves feel better.

You do realize it's the Xbox Era discord, there is nothing hidden about it. There is a website/forum/Youtube page and everything ffs. You intimate that they're "idiots for indirectly confirming its existence" when it has never been hidden.
Fuck you for letting Brady go to Tampa.

ethomaz

Banned

There is pics of posts that disprove that :D

I didn't expect BC Full, but that could refer to age old titles, which would no longer have multiplayer servers available. An example of this is FFXIV on PS3, which may still work up to Heavensward, but may have ended completely.

Still don't expect full BC. Maybe a revamped, complete PS Now, though sure.

spons

Gold Member
PS1 & 2 emulation in software is stupidly easy at this point.
Agreed.
PS3 I can see being more of a challenge though.
Sony has the complete design documents for the PS3. They could do it, but they are unwilling. If the RPCS3 people got this far with reverse-engineering an otherwise completely closed system, Sony can absolutely pull it off on the PS5.

ZippDude

No ps1,ps2 and ps3 BC for ps5 confirmed ?

So I find this interesting. Why would Ubisoft have to indicate PS1, PS2 and PS3 specifically on a FAQ question about upgrade from PS4 to PS5? If there were no BC for the older generations on PS5, why even indicate that its not available at all? I guess it can be the case of just informing people since there are a lot of users but I find it odd to indicate no BC for Ubisoft games for older gen.

Shio

If anybody expected PS5 to support PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, they were being unrealistic.
I think after reading from that link it could go both ways....If Ubisoft had to specifically explain no PS3,PS2 and PS1 support for its titles then that could be that there IS BC support for PS3,PS2,PS1 games on the PS5, but they dont support it with their titles for online play other than just PS4. I mean why don't they mention PSP?, they had PSP games too right?, why only mention PS3,PS2 and PS1?. It's like them saying we know Sony will offer PS3, PS2 and PS1 BC on PS5 but for our titles we will only support PS4 and that's it.

sircaw

Banned
Or as I like to call it: an all you can eat buffet

PS. sircaw sircaw I indeed do not like the vampire diaries, tho I do like the genre, Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood tv show based on the books) comes to mind...

I hope you got wind from those poor fish you ate. and we are talking Hurricane Katrina here.

I really liked true blood, the first couple of seasons at least, i recall the second season being extremely fun viewing, it kinda went downhill i think after that for me.

hemo memo

Gold Member
No ps1,ps2 and ps3 BC for ps5 confirmed ?

If anyone reading this getting disappointed in any way then it is your fault for believing stupid fakesiders rumors as truth and getting excited when it wasn’t mentioned by the CONSOLE ENGINEER IN A DEEP DIVE PRESENTATION.

ZippDude

I think after reading from that link it could go both ways....If Ubisoft had to specifically explain no PS3,PS2 and PS1 support for its titles then that could be that there IS BC support for PS3,PS2,PS1 games on the PS5, but they dont support it with their titles for online play other than just PS4. I mean why don't they mention PSP?, they had PSP games too right?, why only mention PS3,PS2 and PS1?. It's like them saying we know Sony will offer PS3, PS2 and PS1 BC on PS5 but for our titles we will only support PS4 and that's it.
And now this...

FranXico

So I find this interesting. Why would Ubisoft have to indicate PS1, PS2 and PS3 specifically on a FAQ question about upgrade from PS4 to PS5? If there were no BC for the older generations on PS5, why even indicate that its not available at all? I guess it can be the case of just informing people since there are a lot of users but I find it odd to indicate no BC for Ubisoft games for older gen.
Because some people might have unrealistic expectations and fantasize about features that are not there.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

but i posted twitter shots of them mass reporting users. not just 'doctored' shots as you claim.

these idiots are all over twitter doing the same thing. you are right, there isnt no secret discord, its all out in the open because they are too stupid to hide it.

Yeap thats when I got into it with Timdog, he was just acting weird. Like a school girl taunting. We told him, "we get it okay fine 9.2 TF - whatever". He just kept harassing and poking. He has this back up dancer named Pandacurry or some lame name massaging his shoulders before he'd enter the ring. Too bad he couldn't defeat the modofwar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom