• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Day 4: Welp!!!!!!!

The heck you doing Sony? You are running out of time to announce the damn thing.

tenor.gif

I’m not sure what you mean there but I agreed with Apollo Helios Apollo Helios logic of framerates to seconds for Film and Television. Generally in film/tv, 1 second is about 24 frames.
Well, he was dead wrong, as was everybody else, both the video is timed correct at 30fps, and the overall timing in seconds is also correct
Ask around here, they will tell you. Or, you know, you could try reading the follow-ups to what you quoted

@Bo_Hazem My 8000G 😢😢😢 that devil midget
dD1ZF8J.jpg

Use this as the perfect excuse to buy CX @Bo_Hazem 😊

I’ve had one a few days now, and it’s ridiculous. Easily the best screen I’ve ever had. It makes Ps4 games look incredible. Christ knows what the Ps5 is going to look like. I think my eyeballs might melt.

image hosting site
[/QUOTE]
OLED picture is so fucking nice. I just can't find myself to pull the trigger on one. The way I game, plus me and my girlfriends use of Netflix/Hulu/YouTube will not be kind to an OLED.

When is everyone thinking the PS5 event will take place? 9th Sept? Seems reasonable but.... doesn't Apple normally announce their latest iPhone around that date. I'd be surprised if Sony would want to clash with that.

Talking of Apple, I do wonder if Sony are going down a similar route with PS5. Make an announcement really late and then - boom - release is just around the corner. After all, like Apple, Sony are in a position of strength. Their brand is strong and probably have to do little to convince The Masses to buy (esp. if their price point is strong). MS on the other hand need to do a lot of convincing to sway people. That's why I think Sony are holding off. They're suffocating any marketing plan MS may have to sell their story (price, power advantage, etc.). Making MS wait as long as possible at which point they will have little time to convince people theirs is the better purchase (apart from those that are already embedded into the Xbox camp).

Either way, it's not long now...

Everyday I come to this thread hoping for some news and it’s always next week!! Ffs!

Next week comes along then starts the hmm Monday??? or oh... maybe tomorrow, tomorrow comes but then it’s maybe the day after and so on. Friday will come and we will hear again maybe NEXT WEEKKKKK! Never ending cycle 😡😡

Hzz7a7O.gif

I know Sony has been teasing alot lately but at this point it feels like they are doing this to us.

tenor.gif

FatherlyPepperyIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Sony really pushing it to the limit! I'm starting to believe the EU will get PS5 in December now.

I'm expecting a staggered release to be honest. USA/Canada in November. Everywhere else in December.

Last edited:
FatherlyPepperyIvorybackedwoodswallow-size_restricted.gif

Sony really pushing it to the limit! I'm starting to believe the EU will get PS5 in December now.

They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
They say our love won't pay the rent
Before it's earned, our money's all been spent
I guess that's so, we don't have a plot
But at least I'm sure of all the things we got
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got flowers in the spring
I got you to wear my ring
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always around
Don't let them say your hair's too long
'Cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong
Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you to hold my hand
I got you to understand
I got you to walk with me
I got you to talk with me
I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

Vae_Victis

Banned
I am more and more convinced that Sony is sticking to their strategy to NOT go all-out before Microsoft, no matter what. They might have originally had an event in mind for late August/early September, but only because by all account Microsoft was supposed to do the same. But then Halo was delayed, Microsoft delayed their event, and so did Sony.

At this point I don't even think Sony really wants to see what is Microsoft's price, but just if the XSX will be delayed to 2021 or not. If it is, they don't have to worry about undercutting XSX with their own price at all and can really push in the US to erode even more of what's left of Microsoft's fanbase before XSX comes to stores.

Seph-

wE sHoUlD gEt aN aNnOuNcEmEnT tOmMoRrOw 100%

i ExPeCt An EvEnT iN uNdEr tWo WeEkS.
If we are going to quote people lets atleast get the quote right. Also he clearly stated 100% guesses so. We all are hungry for information but lets atleast stay on point here and not be childish.

Don't worry I wont share thoughts and speculations here anymore as I know it triggers some people since I don't have a direct line to Cerny.
Appreciate you regardless. Some ppl just don't know how to act these days.

I am more and more convinced that Sony is sticking to their strategy to NOT go all-out before Microsoft, no matter what. They might have originally had an event in mind for late August/early September, but only because by all account Microsoft was supposed to do the same. But then Halo was delayed, Microsoft delayed their event, and so did Sony.

At this point I don't even think Sony really wants to see what is Microsoft's price, but just if the XSX will be delayed to 2021 or not. If it is, they don't have to worry about undercutting XSX with their own price at all and can really push in the US to erode even more of what's left of Microsoft's fanbase before XSX comes to stores.
It sounds as if to you the ps5 costing more then it has to is a good thing. Microsoft is literally the only reason PlayStation is as "cheap" as it is.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I wont stop posting here in general as I will share stuff I see being reported on but I will stop with my guesses and what I hear behind the scenes.

I never did that to begin with for attention I just enjoy sharing stuff with fellow gamers.

Just tired of the negative PMs here and on social media referring back to gaf and even the idiots who went through the trouble of sending me messages over XBL.

ksdixon

This is objectively wrong, you need to educate yourself.

- PS Now has circa 700 PlayStation games, Gamepass has 246 Xbox games
- PS Now has more current gen games than Gamepass has total games
- PS Now also rotates through bigger current gen games. Games currently on rotation include: Final Fantasy XV, Hitman 2, Metro Exodus, StreetFighter V, Resident Evil VII, Watch Dogs 2, Greedfall, WWE 2K19, Dead Cells, Hello Neighbour, Dishonored 2, NASCAR Heat 4. Control just dropped off this month, Spider-Man last month.

For all the value discussions around Gamepass, PS Now is cheaper and offers more content.

Source:

PSNow - https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/e...ps-now-games-content-par-section-121120782-co

Gamepass - https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games

Thank you for this great post.

I just wish that you could download all the game's like on GP.

The example I always use is MK9. The only way to play this on a current machine is PSNow, however it is so laggy it is rendered virtually unplayable. Which is a damn shame.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I wont stop posting here in general as I will share stuff I see being reported on but I will stop with my guesses and what I hear behind the scenes.

I never did that to begin with for attention I just enjoy sharing stuff with fellow gamers.

Just tired of the negative PMs here and on social media referring back to gaf and even the idiots who went through the trouble of sending me messages over XBL.

200.gif

ksdixon

It seems the big difference is first party day one and forever on the x side, but Sony could do that too if they wanted with the snap of their fingers and voila GamePass is over.

I don't even need day one games on PSNow. In fact I don't want it when Sony are kicking out the type of praised exclusives that they are. I just want downloads for all games (see my pervious post) and maybe a wider game selection (though it seems greedy to ask for wider games seeing as PSNow outweighs GamePass in that area as it is).

It's unfortunate that you have to deal with people like that. But if you feel this is the right choice to make I understand.

cudiye

If we are going to quote people lets atleast get the quote right. Also he clearly stated 100% guesses so. We all are hungry for information but lets atleast stay on point here and not be childish.

Appreciate you regardless. Some ppl just don't know how to act these days.
All y’all so sensitive. I was just poking fun y’all need to lighten up lmao

sircaw

Banned

sorry, i could not help myself. "lollipop_disappointed:

sircaw

Banned

I seriously can not believe people would try and track you down on Xbl and try and give you shit about your posting, that is beyond fucking ridiculous. In fact its fucking Sad.

If your reading this, whoever you are, you're a fucking disgrace.

B_Boss

Well, he was dead wrong, as was everybody else, both the video is timed correct at 30fps, and the overall timing in seconds is also correct
Ask around here, they will tell you. Or, you know, you could try reading the follow-ups to what you quoted

The logic of tv/film being 24fps on average seems accurate to me which is what I was agreeing with but I (we) digress.

Damn it not this crap again. Please don't derail the thread.

No intention to derail for sure

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Unofortunately it aint worth it; you are chill as fuck and it still turns into that.

Gaming is full of man-babies. Enjoy just posting!

Vae_Victis

Banned
No not at all. You said they don't have to worry about undercutting which implies a higher price.
Yes, and that implies that I think it's a good thing because...?

Why are you conflating me making an analysis of what market situations could unfold with me rooting for one thing to happen over another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom