• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I just expect Xbox doesn't go crazy and put a very different specs aside the GPU raw power also I think is possible
some third party just don't want to make its game for XSS but I don't know how Xbox will deal with this kind of
situations.
Good question. I dont think it was ever announced that developers can opt out of Lockhart?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem My 8000G 😢😢😢 that devil midget
dD1ZF8J.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Use this as the perfect excuse to buy CX Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem 😊

I’ve had one a few days now, and it’s ridiculous. Easily the best screen I’ve ever had. It makes Ps4 games look incredible. Christ knows what the Ps5 is going to look like. I think my eyeballs might melt.

image hosting site

Last edited:

NickFire

There's no way developers can opt out of the S model, right? Imagine how confusing that would get.

If there's a Series S, it has to be a requirement.
There's no doubt a Series S exists. And you're 100% correct - the confusion would be out of hand. They would hurt their brand way too much to even consider allowing a Series S opt out.

Good question. I dont think it was ever announced that developers can opt out of Lockhart?
Yeah, I don't think that neither.

So for example for 2023-2024 when DICE wants to release Battlefield for second time in that gen, I am not sure
they want to optimize that high end game which usually target to test your new PC.

Probably in that year the new game runs to 1440p using DirectDML to reach 4k, so also optimize for a native sub
1080p will require budget/time, this could be end with a different release date for the version of XSS.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

So for example for 2023-2024 when DICE wants to release Battlefield for second time in that gen, I am not sure
they want to optimize that high end game which usually target to test your new PC.

Probably in that year the new game runs to 1440p using DirectDML to reach 4k, so also optimize for a native sub
1080p will require budget/time, this could be end with a different release date for the version of XSS.
I believe their thinking is that with DIrectML along with people not expecting much out of a possibly $300 device developers will drop it as low as it needs to in order to do a quick "optimized" port. If you are buying the Series S you likely either know to expect less or don't care.

Vae_Victis

Banned
Reality check time: Sony usually announce stuff well in advance (around 6-7 days prior). So if they don't announce an event tomorrow, there probably won't be one next week.

Drop res till it runs fine. Boom done. That is literally all it will take 90+% of the time.

DaGwaphics

Maybe you have to reduce other graphical effects like Ray tracing. And if that happens developers would need to substitute ray tracing for something else like cube maid for example. Just a thought.

They'll already be doing hybrid on the consoles to start with. This would only be an issue if full RT was used throughout.

Even these new RTX cards will mainly be utilized in hybrid scenarios, full RT is still a future target at this point. Though the marble demonstration was noice.

RookX22

My friend told me who is the developer of the next Ape Escape remaster told me that PS5 Pro has more power than Xbox Series X and Nvidia RTX 3090 combined x 5 thousand. Wired has an exclusive story about the delay and eventual cancellation of the PS5 console.

I hate this thread.
Well all hate it like a junky hates his smack.

Maybe you have to reduce other graphical effects like Ray tracing. And if that happens developers would need to substitute ray tracing for something else like cube maid for example. Just a thought.
Rt is not going to be full for most or any games this gen so the work is already going to be done for other lighting. Use that. Boom done.

B_Boss

I know what a fucking Timecode is! I am Cinema and Television Graduate! I work in feature length film editing, TV advertisement shooting/editing and making social media video bites! Timecode depends on counting frames and if your definition of a second changes from source video to the timecode that you are running on, the Timecode will be wrong! It needs to be 1 second = 24 frames for BOTH the video AND the time code, if video is 30 FPS which means 1 second = 30 frames, but you are running a Timecode that is still 1 second = 24 frames, your TIMECODE IS GOING TO BE WRONG and your ass will be fired if you do something like that in a feature length film project!

@Mod of War I can send a picture of my diploma and picture/videos/project files from my previous projects etc. if it is required for proof but this guy needs to stop trying to use that video for a proof in anything, it is fruit of the poisonous tree! I don't have report function but I would like to report this guy for using a doctored video or a video that is not reflecting real facts for inciting console wars over it! I know I have the facts on my side. His claims fall short on inspection. The ball is in your court and a simple knock it off both of ya won't cut it this time bc I am putting my credibility on the line backed with vetting if needs be.

👆This Gaf member’s logic and knowledge is absolutely correct as it pertains to TV/Film development and understanding of framerates with timing.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Imagine be part of The Coalition, then you know for the next games you have to make it work in a machine similar to a Xbox one X and just
yesterday you saw NVIDIA presenting the 3080 with around 75% of more performance compare to the "old" 2080 TI maybe a more against
the XSX and now is harder to find in some way optimize your games in a way scale in a decent way aside the resolution and framerate.

Is possible yes of course is possible but man all the extra work necessary to do that. I am sure any of those dev will be so happy if Xbox says
take as base the XSX because to end of this year almost the XSX will be a half of the 3080 in 4 year the gap will be much larger so the XSS will
be an unnecessary problem for the planning of each project.

Because if Xbox studios make this carefully, thing they didn't do with Xbox one, this last couple of years was normal see games with problems
of frame rate even when the resolution is much less, the third parties will be a coin thrown into the air.

imagine being 3rd party dev that have to optimise games so they run on GeForce 1060/80, ps5, xbsex, GeForce 30 series (ordered by power), I am guessing that it is a good thing that xbsex and 30 series cards are sharing some features and using same api’s, meaning that porting between 30 series and xbsex should be “easy” compared to ps5

/lets be real

NickFire

The longer this stretches out the less confident I am that I will be day 1, cause I'm wondering if we're in for mass shortages and extremely high prices.

DaGwaphics

When will this pricing cold war end? Are they going to drag this out until launch week and pull a Sega Saturn on us?

Why even have a launch week. Just put a ton in storage at retailers and let them release via looting, no need for pricing information then. :messenger_beaming:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom