• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem My 8000G 😢😢😢 that devil midget
dD1ZF8J.jpg

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Oh come on, stop acting naive now. You perfectly well know you've fabricated a lie and somehow got it vetted... that's my beef!

And what part do you claim is fabricated? On what grounds? You keep screaming its fake and FUD yet you never actually give any credible info to how its false.

roops67

And what part do you claim is fabricated? On what grounds? You keep screaming its fake and FUD yet you never actually give any credible info to how its false.
Are you really that forgetful? I've confronted you with facts that contradicts your story...
Fabricating fud is quite an art looking at the piece below posted by Nikana back in June. Tho it was obvious to me at the time what he was trying to accomplish with the long routed way to get to the subtle BS at the end, sprinkling some truths what's already known about developing for PS5 in an attempt to add plausibility to the bogus claim that XSX is more capable hardware, too bloody desperate:

Looks as though he had a lot of people convinced including the mod! Vetting process is not foolproof, there's only a limited amount of background checks that the mod can do and with someone as desperate as Nikana will go to lengths to fabricate proof that can't be substantiated

Only if Nikana knew that the XSX devkits available at the time were broken (even if Gearbox had one is questionable) he would of rethought his story. Perhaps the ultimate proof that Nikana is blatantly lying comes straight from the founder of Gearbox himself!
https://wccftech.com/pitchford-unimpressed-xbox-series-x-spencer/

Well Pitchford is upset with the XSX, he wished it had parity with the PS5... So what do you think he's implying!

You should have done your research Nikana before posting your fud

Keep trying chief.
So you got nothing else to say in your defense?

You do realize if what you posted is true, then it is the ONLY feedback we've had from any dev about the XSX be it good or bad, what's the likelihood of that!
There's nothing to defend.

You're trying to say a tweet from Randy Pitchford.....Randy.....Pitchford....the man who has made a complete fool of himself publically many times that has nothing to do with development kits proves a vetted posting about dev kits has been discredited?

That is not the only feedback we have gotten from devs. Dirt 5 comes to mind.

And lastly....never once said it was Gearbox. Just because it's Borderlands does not equal it's a Gearbox developer.

So like I said...keep trying chief.
Take a few deep breaths and calm down. I only linked his posts and mentioned his name once, he who also happens to be personally co-developing Borderlands 3. Digging dirt on his background doesn't alter facts

There has been nothing mentioned that Borderlands is being developed by anyone else other than Gearbox. So you're saying you have this statement from a mystery developer that nobody knows of, very convincing!

Even whatever you're saying is true about the mystery developer. There is a massive discrepancy in what he is saying and what's been reported about the XSX devkits, its not possible for him to claim the same loading times on both PS5 & XSX devkits when it's already known that the 'velocity architecture' is broken on the XSX kits, hence the delays in development. You need to do more research on the BS before you spread it

I'm not gonna bother commenting on the Lockhart stuff, nothing has been said of its existence by MS but that could change. So I'll give you that

I remember the Dirt5 developer talk yeah, exactly the same one used for both consoles!
It's unlikely you'll ever own up that you lied, so I'm just trying highlight it to many as possible!

hemo memo

Gold Member
Gonna reach 3000 pages before they announce events..

Going by Jeff summer mess list we can see that Nintendo wild card has been announced so next is Series S event. PS5 is no where to be found this month so probably October which is ridiculous but Jeff has been accurate.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Are you really that forgetful? I've confronted you with facts that contradicts your story...

It's unlikely you'll ever own up that you lied, so I'm just trying highlight it to many as possible!

Your twitter post doesn't disprove anything. You are trying to saw a tweet from Randy Pitchford disproves information about a developer that I never said was from gearbox. Not once.

Lets say it was from Gearbox, how does that in any capacity mean they aren't working with the console? Also, a simple google search will show you that Gearbox was not the only developer who worked on Borderlands 3. As well as other games in the Borderlands franchise that were worked on by developers other than Gearbox.

Edit: Also this XVA being "broken" is not found by any real source.

What I do find funny is that a few days ago Nvidia revealed they are working with Microsoft on the Direct Storage API and even are using Borderlands 3 as a benchmark game for outlets like DF. Its almost like Borderlands 3 has been in development with these new cards and API's in mind?

Last edited:
CDProjektRed, Ubisoft and obscure devs working purely on PC platform?

I don't see Cyberpunk differing beyond more RTX and FPS really, no drastic quantum leap in fidelity as it's multiplatform and will more or less maintain parity. 8K is a waste of resources I might add. Focusing on what I/O innovations will achieve is where the juice lies and Sony have everyone by the balls on that one.

Last edited:

Allandor

It's fate, your fate says that you must buy X9000H (XH90/X900H) to be ready for PS5. The signs are there, you need to embrace that.
No, do not buy a xh90/x900h before sony releases the HDMI 2.1 software udpate. Still not out and no VRR support :( (still waiting)
I really don't get why they sell a TV with a feature that they want to release via software update in 2020

and btw, the TV has a 10 bit panel but with color-banding :( not really that impressed by that. Sometimes I wish my old TV back (also had 10bit but without visible banding) because of this. I really hope that this is also a software issue they will fix.

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4

think I am beginning to understand the problem I have with jet lag. The dates of your comments never fit me with the time of your publications. What time zone are you in?

Seph-

No, do not buy a xh90/x900h before sony releases the HDMI 2.1 software udpate. Still not out and no VRR support :( (still waiting)
I really don't get why they sell a TV with a feature that they want to release via software update in 2020

and btw, the TV has a 10 bit panel but with color-banding :( not really that impressed by that. Sometimes I wish my old TV back (also had 10bit but without visible banding) because of this. I really hope that this is also a software issue they will fix.
No real point to rush an update out when virtually nothing uses it atm, testing on their processor is required. But it's pretty much assumed at this point that the hold up isn't Sony, it's the Android 11 tv update. As per 10 bit panel and banding. I've had my 65in x900h for some time now and have had practically little to no banding whatsoever. It's honestly a really good tv, I just agree with most the only downside is it could definitely use getting brighter during HDR.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Color banding is due to showing 8-bit content as it is without the TV compensating for it. So that's not an issue, actually I need that for my video editing. Mine came without HDR, but sony later released the HDR firmware and it's working great since then, so don't worry. They will get in massive trouble if they don't bring HDMI 2.1 firmware, it's not like they can escape with it, and it'll be a massive hit to their reputation.

If you were around me I'll buy it from you. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Games Dean

Going by Jeff summer mess list we can see that Nintendo wild card has been announced so next is Series S event. PS5 is no where to be found this month so probably October which is ridiculous but Jeff has been accurate.
Nah it's just that Jeff lost his Sony source. He has no idea what they're doing.

IMO HDMI 2.1 features (like VRR) arent that important, like we havent been able to live without them before. (Good to have them but not a life changing thing I think personally)

About that color banding, I dont have that tv but been interested in new Sony models, and I think that I have seen many reviews that state how good this and other Sony models are, by not having color banding. Maybe it were some setting you have to switch or bad source material makes it anyway, but that model should have really good picture, only issue I have seen is back light dimming zones + some light bleeding, like most LCDs have.

So xh95/x950h would be my choice as I think I can live without hdmi 2.1 but this model have better dimming zones and few other things vs xh90.

Allandor

Color banding is due to showing 8-bit content as it is without the TV compensating for it. So that's not an issue, actually I need that for my video editing. Mine came without HDR, but sony later released the HDR firmware and it's working great since then, so don't worry. They will get in massive trouble if they don't bring HDMI 2.1 firmware, it's not like they can escape with it, and it'll be a massive hit to their reputation.

If you were around me I'll buy it from you. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Well, also see the color banding with 10 bit content. E.g. Mass effect is a good test for that. With its loading screens. Never seen color banding on my last 2 TVs with 10 Bit panels (my kids also threw something onto the panel ... than the newer came and this year it was replaced with the x90h) in that scene. With older 8-Bit (or even 6-bit panels) TVs you can clearly see color banding on those screens. Also clearly visible with this TV. But maybe it is now visible because it the a 65" TV, the last was "just" 49"

btw:
Seems like I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well, also see the color banding with 10 bit content. E.g. Mass effect is a good test for that. With its loading screens. Never seen color banding on my last 2 TVs with 10 Bit panels (my kids also threw something onto the panel ... than the newer came and this year it was replaced with the x90h) in that scene. With older 8-Bit (or even 6-bit panels) you can clearly see color banding on those screens. Also clearly visible with this TV. But maybe it is now visible because it the a 65" TV, the last was "just" 49"

btw:

What console are you using? Or is it PC? HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 did you notice any color banding?

THE:MILKMAN

Just like Roops. Hot air.

Your Lockhart post talks about the Anaconda/Dante dev kit having the profile mode but that Microsoft have now made a separate dedicated Lockhart dev kit. This is big news and you are the only source of this info I've seen. Did Microsoft change things here as I thought the whole idea is that Lockhart is the exact same spec as XSX but with 20CUs and less RAM? How could the profile setting on Dante be so bad to the point Microsoft had to create separate dev kits?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
IMO HDMI 2.1 features (like VRR) arent that important, like we havent been able to live without them before. (Good to have them but not a life changing thing I think personally)

About that color banding, I dont have that tv but been interested in new Sony models, and I think that I have seen many reviews that state how good this and other Sony models are, by not having color banding. Maybe it were some setting you have to switch or bad source material makes it anyway, but that model should have really good picture, only issue I have seen is back light dimming zones + some light bleeding, like most LCDs have.

So xh95/x950h would be my choice as I think I can live without hdmi 2.1 but this model have better dimming zones and few other things vs xh90.

XH95 has artificial gradience for such color banding, but I personally prefer to see it when it's there, I turn off all artificial processing so I can see when my photos or video go wrong while editing.

What console are you using? Or is it PC? HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 did you notice any color banding?

It does display color banding at times and it really varies by source.

There are some movies even on Netflix that its there but seems to me to be older movies.

For me personally and my X900H is on a lot I only see it every now and then and it has only been bad once. I can't remember the movie my wife was watching on Amazon Prime but it was a night scene and it was bad but I think the movie was from the 90s not sure that makes a difference.

As far as gaming goes I have a PC, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro on it and have never noticed it while gaming.

Seph-

Well, also see the color banding with 10 bit content. E.g. Mass effect is a good test for that. With its loading screens. Never seen color banding on my last 2 TVs with 10 Bit panels (my kids also threw something onto the panel ... than the newer came and this year it was replaced with the x90h) in that scene. With older 8-Bit (or even 6-bit panels) TVs you can clearly see color banding on those screens. Also clearly visible with this TV. But maybe it is now visible because it the a 65" TV, the last was "just" 49"

btw:

Just again to touch on the banding issue. It varies per panel, per content bandwidth and content source as well. Some panels it doesn't exist on, some it's minor some it's worse. It's unfortunately the luck of a panel lottery outside of the smooth gradation not being present. Which imo is pretty much present on any tv (the panel lottery) if yours is that bad I honestly would recommend trying to exchange it. 2 x900h tvs under my roof atm and neither have any issue unless the content is just awful.

It does display color banding at times and it really varies by source.

There are some movies even on Netflix that its there but seems to me to be older movies.

For me personally and my X900H is on a lot I only see it every now and then and it has only been bad once. I can't remember the movie my wife was watching on Amazon Prime but it was a night scene and it was bad but I think the movie was from the 90s not sure that makes a difference.

As far as gaming goes I have a PC, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro on it and have never noticed it while gaming.
This has pretty much been my experience as well. Only ever notice it on say booting up Disney Plus and it's somewhat present on the logo screen, then after it's immediately gone. As for gaming, it's simply nonexistant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom