• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on guys get your tickets
hypepng59123114131221lrknd.jpg

1 seat please.

RookX22

Undeniably one of the last person to talk about gameplay, dude thinks discount cosplay Avengers game is amazing.

Zf8KGkO.jpg
I don't believe you, that game is so boring. I played the beta and imo Anthem was better. Atleast in anthem you could customize your combat style with weapons and the abilities felt powerful. In Avengers you just spam the same stuff over and over with every character and the enemies just soak it up. They are very comparable graphically.

Last edited:
When you entered the gen with 85, even 55 is a bad number.
What I mean is that 50 million is not bad when the product is a big fuck up since the beginning. They could have achieved higher numbers if they kept delivering good quality exclusives like what they did in the mid to late 2000s.
Xbox 360 released in 2005 with many console exclusives such as Quick 4, and pefect Dark. Then followed by Prey, condemned, Gears, Oblivion, lost planet in 2006. Then, Bioshock, Halo 3, L4D in 2007 ( note that until late 2006/ early 2007, X360 had supperior graphics over PC) . All That was the reason of that 85 million.

JTCx

I don't believe you, that game is so boring. I played the beta and imo Anthem was better. Atleast in anthem you could customize your combat style with weapons and the abilities felt powerful. In Avengers you just spam the same stuff over and over with every character and the enemies just soak it up. They are very comparable graphically.
Any sensible person would know that game is hot feces.

Behold.

Mahavastu

I like Microsoft's idea with the S. It is a great price and a good value for what it is. But the cracks are beginning to show--

Developers aren't happy with a bottleneck for next-gen. We have seen it vocalized many times since the reveal. It will still sell very well for the price point.
It really will, but I'm wary of it's future as developers harness the power of the XSX and the PS5 over time.
I also think that it will sell quite well in the beginning (until the next shrink which will allow microsoft to sell the SeriesX cheaper), and a high install base is what Microsoft needs.

I also think that in the beginning with cross gens games and BC games, there won't be many problems. But I am somewhat afraid that in 6-7 years, at the end of the generation, games might look not nice with that machine.
What I mean: think for a moment what would have happened if Microsoft would have released a "Xbox one cheap" edition in 2013, with 30-50% of the GPU performance of the OG XBox One, the RAM reduced to 6GB and the internal ESRAM(?) reduced too.
At the begin of the generation the box probably would have done fine, but running todays game on that machine would be some kind of torture. I guess that this machine would probably have problems to get to stable 720p/30fps and the resolution would dip below that quite often. No problem in the beginning, since a lot of users still had a 720p TV, but nowadays with 65" and larger 4k TVs?
I am afraid the same will happen with the Series S: at the end of the Generation it will probably struggle to get to 1080/30, with an midGen upgrade SeriesXXL nearly 10x faster then the Series S. Nowadays FullHD is still quite common, but in 6-7 years TVs will be even larger, even 2nd TVs will be 4K and FullHD will be awkward.

But who knows, maybe I am just wrong and that box will be just find in 7 years.

SSfox

The most mindblowing thing would be after showing all the dope gameplay, and announce some super high most wanted games like GOW2 and FF16, then the show will close with GTA6 trailer announced as PS5 exclusive (time probably, and that was the 750M $ deal), then end it with release date and price announcement, preorders will go insane crazy after. But here i'm just going ultra crazy miles, ain't gonna happen like this lmao.

More games, more games ,more games. Its going to be delicious. Definitely quitting gaming news on Tuesday. Might start on Monday. Much more enjoyable. Turning up blind to the showcase

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I am ready and hope we see a couple of unannounced games.

I havent been around much today and don't have any concrete info on whats coming.

I may not pick up my non family phone until after the show I dont want too many things ruined for me either.

Good plan. I've decided not to get myself excited beforehand and will just tune in on Wednesday evening with a beer and take it has it comes.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Project Nimble Was the Codename for PS5 Showcase Event

It seems Project Nimble was the codename for Sony’s upcoming PlayStation 5 Showcase Event internally. The moniker is mentioned as part of the file name for the livestream’s lead image on the PlayStation Blog, so it gives us a rough idea of how the Japanese giant referred to the event in boardrooms around its headquarters.

It’s pertinent because there’s been an ongoing narrative that the manufacturer was simply waiting for Microsoft to play its hand before it responded with its own event. Project Nimble would suggest that it’s been quietly plotting behind-the-scenes, and had a plan in place ready to respond.

It was all part of the plan. 🤯

Last edited:

RaySoft

PS5 GPU has an exclusive feature called cache scrubbers.” We do know PS5 is more customized...
Yeah those are neat.. Usually you have to flush all caches when 1 thing changes, 'cause you don't know if the thing that changed are still i cache.
These scrubbers only flush the things that have changed, keeping the stuff that are still relevant. Awesome stuff

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Final results :

I think IGN needs to find something different to spin when XSS faster CPU crap didn't worked out

I still don't get how so many people still want to buy an xbox after seeing what there is to offer on the ps5.
It's beyond painful to see so many people throwing their cash away.

I would understand it if fable, avowed and halo were on release but they could be yonks away.

How many people work at Ign and voted on that poll, jeez

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Funny how I had a dozen people in here telling me how sony doesnt give a shit about whatever microsoft does

To me a pretty big difference in caring what someone does and waiting to "bleed them out" as the terminology I was told.

Also heard it was a "War of attrition" from a few places and thats exactly what this show is in response to.

Just all my opinion of course.

HAL-01

To me a pretty big difference in caring what someone does and waiting to "bleed them out" as the terminology I was told.

Also heard it was a "War of attrition" from a few places and thats exactly what this show is in response to.

Just all my opinion of course.
Its funny reading the comments on PS's announcement suggesting sony is afraid of MS and acted reactively, when PS is so far in the lead when it comes to games shown and hype build up its insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom