• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharky.jpg
u84qNM.gif

Neo Blaster

Geez you're reading way too much into it. He's buying both and will be getting multiplats on the more powerful system. Anyone that's going to day 1 both systems will be using PS5 as the exclusive box.
Really curious what DF analysis will say about that, since all announced game specs so far show no difference, and we don't have gameplay from XSX to compare.

It is pretty basic looking I wonder if its 120 fps and thats about how games are going to look to hit 120

It's literally the one thing that bugs me about the hype for 120FPS games. I know that some people will enjoy that framerate but alot of games are going to look like garbage when they run that way. But as long as it's an option it doesn't really bother me.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's literally the one thing that bugs me about the hype for 120FPS games. I know that some people will enjoy that framerate but alot of games are going to look like garbage when they run that way. But as long as it's an option it doesn't really bother me.

Thats all I hope for is the option for pretty or for speed.

Games like that I will take those level of graphics for 120

DaGwaphics

But in literal terms it has a smaller power supply. A power narrative that isn't some form of false advertising surely needs to use more power, no? :)

Not if it's within normal specifications, no. Now, if you go with an aggressive overclock you're going to need a bigger PSU and a huge case. That's not even a knock on the PS5, but SmartShift is meant to increase the efficiency of any given power budget, the fact they still need a unit as big as the PS5 clearly demonstrates how far outside the sweet spot they are. Looks like the new AMD cards are going to be twice the size of the 3090.

Last edited:
After getting a PS5 DE and Pulse 3d, I was worried there wouldn't be much left in my wallet for the games, but I found out I could use my credit card mileage to get PS Store credits, just enough for MM and DS. Hooray!!

I Just cant wait to put my hands on a DualSense even If meant playing only astrobot 😂

That PsPlus Collection for Future PS5 owners is awesome for me

Edit: decidi investir pouco mais pra pegar em disco pois além de ser mais difícil encontrar na versão digital, a versão com leitor saiu "só" 250 mais caro em relação ao preço original da digital e com 200 de cashback na magazine, então só 50 mais caro

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Some people got their money from hard work, some others got it from rich parents.

But i'm just saying idk actually but indeed, buying a second console when the first can do the same i don't see the purpose, i mean if we were at the era of multiplat like some Xbox360 VS PS3 cases i can understand, but for PS5 and XSX while we didn't see yet but i think games won't have majors differences for the most parts, specially for the launch games like AC Valhalla.

He's probably buying the XSX to play multiplats on PC.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
unfortunately that TV is sold out already. Not sure if Sony will restock it or just make next years model.

It will restock, indeed. We just got it in our market recently. It's being sold for 3399 UAE dirhams ($925 USD) in UAE, it came here very late though, not everywhere. Still waiting for it around my city. It's Sony's Joker card, so I expect them to make much more.

Sinthor

Gold Member
To avoid those bots, it's better to have the person physically in the shop, tied to his name and phone number. It's enough time to collect all of them, then send the consoles to their homes or call them. I'll do that as well tomorrow.
Well, I WONDERED how in the FUCK all the units got sold thru so quickly when they went "live" early but at like 3AM US Time. This makes more sense.

Besides Sony's email invite list I wish they would have let it go like in the past. For the PS4, my local GameStop had an "interest" sheet and then when it got time close to the reveal offered a pre-sign up for the pre-ordering. You could put a deposit down and guarantee your place in line, which I did, and then the thing got ordered and I just picked it up on the day of release. They had a couple of cops there for security, oddly enough given the area, but it went smoothly.

I don't know what the answer is to all of this other than to say NOT THE WAY IT WENT! I got my pre-order but only because of the Sony e-vite. I have no idea if I'd have one pre-ordered now if it weren't for that. I haven't seen any availability or even gotten an EMAIL from Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart even though I signed up with their little thing to be sent an email when availability changed...so go figure. Anyone else get notification emails of stock from retailers?

Again though I have to ask...what if this was a marketing move? What if Sony only allocated VERY small amounts to retailers so far JUST SO that they'd sell out even quicker than normal? That would then let the Sony 'e-vite' people feel very lucky and special to get their pre-order in and whip everyone else up into a panic thinking there's NO WAY you'll get a PS5 this time. Then they quietly up the allocations to retailers tomorrow with the expected amounts available and let "normal" pre-ordering resume? Think about it...they'd have really panicked or whipped up even more interest in the product and gotten a lot of people to the state where they will pull the trigger on a buy as SOON as they see they can.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Edit: awesome guys. Thanks!
Edit2: ps5 keep adding more value to my purchase. I thought I would just play astrobot

It's pretty simple, really. They've just made a decent sized library of free games part of PS Plus. So all PS Plus subscribers will have access to those titles. Probably will add titles as things progress, probably start adding those three monthly games to the list, I'd imagine? Over time some may drop off if they can tell no one's using a title. But basically it's just a good idea. Giving people a ready library of some pretty good games that they can access from day 1 with any console.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Well, I WONDERED how in the FUCK all the units got sold thru so quickly when they went "live" early but at like 3AM US Time. This makes more sense.

Besides Sony's email invite list I wish they would have let it go like in the past. For the PS4, my local GameStop had an "interest" sheet and then when it got time close to the reveal offered a pre-sign up for the pre-ordering. You could put a deposit down and guarantee your place in line, which I did, and then the thing got ordered and I just picked it up on the day of release. They had a couple of cops there for security, oddly enough given the area, but it went smoothly.

I don't know what the answer is to all of this other than to say NOT THE WAY IT WENT! I got my pre-order but only because of the Sony e-vite. I have no idea if I'd have one pre-ordered now if it weren't for that. I haven't seen any availability or even gotten an EMAIL from Amazon, Best Buy or Walmart even though I signed up with their little thing to be sent an email when availability changed...so go figure. Anyone else get notification emails of stock from retailers?

Again though I have to ask...what if this was a marketing move? What if Sony only allocated VERY small amounts to retailers so far JUST SO that they'd sell out even quicker than normal? That would then let the Sony 'e-vite' people feel very lucky and special to get their pre-order in and whip everyone else up into a panic thinking there's NO WAY you'll get a PS5 this time. Then they quietly up the allocations to retailers tomorrow with the expected amounts available and let "normal" pre-ordering resume? Think about it...they'd have really panicked or whipped up even more interest in the product and gotten a lot of people to the state where they will pull the trigger on a buy as SOON as they see they can.

I don't think that, It's most likely they're sending them in batches. Personally, not worried at all about my PS5 day one, or few days later. But the preorders are overwhelming, and people here have eaten up PS4/PS4 Pro during the pandemic, so imagine what they should do to a massively superior console closer to the current prices of PS4 Pro's!

What do you think will sale more Switch or Xbox Series in the complete holiday season?
Xbox Series X and Series S will sell like hotcakes. New gen of consoles and the fact you can finance them also with Gamepass and Xbox gold included. All access will be big for Xbox for the first year of two. With rumors of a new switch launching next year I think will hurt its sales slightly.

Xbox Series X and Series S will sell like hotcakes. New gen of consoles and the fact you can finance them also with Gamepass and Xbox gold included. All access will be big for Xbox for the first year of two. With rumors of a new switch launching next year I think will hurt its sales slightly.
I am not saying not but did you see the sales of Switch? the last months are around 400 k per week.

If Switch have big IP for this holiday season then I will include PS5 in the question.

husomc

You just want to portray me as naive.
Technology does not play a role here, unlike logical thinking.

And.... regardless of the example I gave, XSX most likely has noticeably more "ray tracing power"
I wish MS would get all these games up and running on the XSeX, until the games are running on the box there's nothing to compare. or maybe potential numbers are better to some ppl than actually seeing the thing running on the box :pie_thinking:

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Things are getting juicy, apparently MLiD got the "secret PS5 title that Mark Cerny is working on" from RedGamingTech, MLiD said the same source was the one who told him about God of War teaser and other stuff such as the Fable teaser at the Xbox event.

Interesting that RGT never leaked this himself, he has on several occasions hinted that he indeed knew about this stuff, even the God of War teaser which was shown at the PS5 showcase, which I know through my own interactions with him. Curious as to why he never fully leaked it himself, he does often mention he doesn't want to leak information because he could get his sources into trouble and I think he wants to ensure his channel remains "tech and hardware" related rather than focusing on other news and game leaks etc like Foxy or MBG

Interestingly enough, when MLiD did leak that the God of War teaser was being shown as well the title Mark Cerny is working on, Matt Hargett got mad at him on Twitter and said he would stop supporting MLiD's channel. Matt who is also really good friends with Paul (RGT).

Last edited by a moderator:

saintjules

Things are getting juicy, apparently MLiD got the "secret PS5 title that Mark Cerny is working on" from RedGamingTech, MLiD said the same source was the one who told him about God of War teaser and other stuff such as the Fable teaser at the Xbox event.

Interesting that RGT never leaked this himself, he has on several occasions hinted that he indeed knew about this stuff, even the God of War teaser which was shown at the PS5 showcase, which I know through my own interactions with him. Curious as to why he never fully leaked it himself, he does often mention he doesn't want to leak information because he could get his sources into trouble and I think he wants to ensure his channel remains "tech and hardware" related rather than focusing on other news and game leaks etc like Foxy or MBG

Interestingly enough, when MLiD did leak that the God of War teaser was being shown as well the title Mark Cerny is working on, Matt Hargett got mad at him on Twitter and said he would stop supporting MLiD's channel. Matt who is also really good friends with Paul (RGT).

Tom's source re-confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom