• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shio

Now with so many studios, theoretically MS could release every month a first party title and give the devs around 2 years of time.
Do we have the exact number of studios and teams MS owns?
True, but you would have to wait 2 years for the first title though (about that)...

Mine was a rollercoaster of brands:

Odissey 2 -> Master System -> Mega Drive -> SNES -> N64 -> DC-> GC -> PS2 -> 360 -> PS3 -> PS4 -> Switch -> PS5(already pre-ordered).

As it can be seen, never had much allegiance to any brand, I went where the games appealed to me.
I see you my oldschool Sega brother, respect :pie_hugging

fLIybf.gif

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
And crackdown 3,and the state sea of thieves launched, etc but go on x warrior
Ah yes, because Crackdown 3 was pretty "meh" now all games must be like that

Is this really going to be the new narrative going forward into next-gen that it’s not about hardware anymore?

Why are MS releasing 2 consoles then?
Xbox is a platform. You've got consoles (XSS/XSX), PC, and mobile. On all 3 of these you can get Game Pass, which includes xCloud. That's what they are selling. They said 100x we don't care where you game, as long as you play our games or use our subscription service. That's what they are selling. Selling consoles is just one possible device you can play their games on, but it's not what makes Xbox successful.

But why though?
Because a business doesn't have to go in to the smallest detail of each aspect of a product on how much it sells for. Why should Microsoft disclose this? For who?

Redlancet

Banned
crackdown was one of the finest examples son ,years of mismanagement,broken promises ( da powah of da cloud) ,the broken mtx of the last gears and forza horizont,the disaster of 343 studios,cut the crap ,this is not insecurites its been a well know issue with ms

Last edited:

Felessan

Personally, I think SEGA would be devastating in an overall sense. You don't just get SEGA, you get Atlus and their publishing arm. You potentially get to rip PS-associated franchise's like Yakuza and Persona away, and there's some similar franchise's that are currently Nintendo-associated, who's name escapes me right now.
It's will be very hard, almost impossible for MS to buy Sega, Capcom, Kadokawa or similar companies.
Many think here, based on Zenimax, that MS can just go and write check and have a company for itself.
It works for private company, but Sega and Capcom are public companies, moreover they have no controlling shareholder (with free float of 60+%), and to buy them MS would have to do a public offer, which can be rejected (or overbid or blocked).
And Japan companies usually not very fond of letting foreigners to buy them, they often have control schemes to block it.

Last edited:

TBiddy

I think it's because of the trophies, i think if a game has different trophies it's classed as a seperate game.

Could be fixed rather easily. Disable trophies if you continue on a saved game - enable trophies if you start a new game. I suspect there's something else at play (as in, policies from Sony, incompability between the platforms or w/e).

Last edited:
Could be fixed rather easily. Disable trophies if you continue on a saved game - enable trophies if you start a new game. I suspect there's something else at play (as in, policies from Sony, incompability between the platforms or w/e).

Most likely policies

Doubt its a compatibility issue given backwards compatibility

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
crackdown was one of the finest examples son ,years of mismanagement,broken promises ( da powah of da cloud) ,the broken mtx of the last gears and forza horizont,the disaster of 343 studios,cut the crap ,this is not insecurites its been a well know issue with ms
I get that for Crackdown 3. But why are now all games like this?

Oligarch097

Neo Member
We all know well that the xbox fanboys who are saying they wish to see bethesda games on PS5 are just lying infact they are starving for revenge after these last seven years. They are just playing the good guys card like MS palying the pro consumer card lol.

DaGwaphics

What re-sparked the Sega rumor at this level of intensity?

I guess people figure the "War Chest" is like Pandora's box and once it's open you just can't get it closed again or what? I'd be all for Sega IPs in GP, but aren't they a really healthy company right now? Would MS really make two huge purchases like that this close together?

I'm looking forward to seeing what Shinji Mikami brings to the table. I love the look of Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Oligarch097

Neo Member

Xbox is a platform. You've got consoles (XSS/XSX), PC, and mobile. On all 3 of these you can get Game Pass, which includes xCloud. That's what they are selling. They said 100x we don't care where you game, as long as you play our games or use our subscription service. That's what they are selling. Selling consoles is just one possible device you can play their games on, but it's not what makes Xbox successful.

Because a business doesn't have to go in to the smallest detail of each aspect of a product on how much it sells for. Why should Microsoft disclose this? For who?
They are not diclosing it because the numbers are not good enough to brag about unlike the GP subscription.

We all know well that the xbox fanboys who are saying they wish to see bethesda games on PS5 are just lying infact they are starving for revenge after these last seven years. They are just playing the good guys card like MS palying the pro consumer card lol.

lol you've been on GAF for five minutes and you're already labelling people fanboys and liars.

DaGwaphics

I really wonder, how Microsoft gonna scoop back that 7.5 billions from customers, it didn't fall from the sky, someone has to pay.

Honestly, the investors are probably overjoyed that MS invested in something. Stacks of cash do nothing for investors, major investments could equal growth which is a net win in the minds of investors.

FALCON_KICK

No surprises there at all seeing who that is.

Let them pray for an AAA Starfield, Elder Scrolls and Fallout in 2023, 2025 and 2027 whilst everyone else can start next gen next month with the PS5 :)
Starfield has a potential to be next Mass Effect 1-3 type space opera game but with the freedom of Skyrim. Sony needs to have an answer for that whenever that game launches.

I mean buying SEGA will be a smart move from Microsoft to cover Japan.
It would be disastrous for Sony because Sony will lose access to Yakuza/Judgement series and Atlus games.

Last edited:
And some clowns call that "enhancements". Spiderman PS4 will get PS5 boost mode, that's enough enhancement for free, this might be close to the new MM, or identical! I might get the $70 version then, replay it, as already bought the full $80 on PS4 with all DLC's back then.

Come on no, its expensive.

Those who already played it and have the game (like myself) should get a free update with all the bells and whistles You would expect, or pau an extra simolic price, like 1.99 dollars, If they want to make some cash out of It.

I have no interest on playing the Spiderman released PS4 enough to pay that extra money.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well the USA is a big market. A quick search found this...

I'm not vouching for it but if it's right you can see why MS might concentrate on USA first and foremost. I'm sure China is big in their thinking too.

5a2RU51.jpg

This is laughably inaccurate. Try comparing US market to ENTIRE European market.

Metal Gear Solid could have a remake, and It’s a PS5 Console Exclusive

DocRay

zx81-Spectrum-Msx-Msx2-Msx2+PC-Nintendo-MasterSystem-Megadrive-GameGear-Supernintendo-3DO-Saturn-NegGeo-Atari Jaguar-Playstation-N64-Dreamcast-PS2-XBOX-XBOX360-PSP-PS3-VITA-PS4-PS5...and a big PC. 45 years old, and everytime that Sony launchs a console they are out of bussiness... XD

pasterpl

In the meanwhile...

just realised that I can play any bc game on xbseries X with enhancements, my whole library will load much faster, run at higher resolution and FPS, no additional cost, and with ps5, to experience improvements I have to buy games (For $70) I already own again to experience these improvements and no game saves will transfer?

serious question; Why Sony didnt show how bc games will run on ps5? Why Sony didn’t show official loading speed demos(I am ignoring that out of context leak, which seems was from the remaster version of the game)? No UI, no tear down, I would like to see loudness test as well.

FranXico

just realised that I can play any bc game on xbseries X with enhancements, my whole library will load much faster, run at higher resolution and FPS, no additional cost, and with ps5, to experience improvements I have to buy games (For $70) I already own again to experience these improvements and no game saves will transfer?
You just realized now? Really? Just now? Because you've been repeatedly reminding the world of that for ages already. Do XSX BC games get free ray tracing too?

ethomaz

Banned

serious question; Why Sony didnt show how bc games will run on ps5? Why Sony didn’t show official loading speed demos(I am ignoring that out of context leak, which seems was from the remaster version of the game)? No UI, no tear down, I would like to see loudness test as well.
That is nice and all and you can keep playing these amazing old games forever.

I want to play new games thought and I will always pay for that.

craig.gif

Last edited:

mancs

demon souls on a big atmos system , 8k samsung 100" tv.. i am also a doctor, ladys hit me up...hehehehhe (portable tv , stereo speakers , jobless) hurry!! bling bling.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
That is nice and all and you can keep playing these amazing old games forever.

I want to play new games thought.
Like the premiere PS5 title Demon's Souls?

;)

(I'm excited for Demon's Souls because I've never played it... also excited for PS5 BC because it should remove most load times from many PS4 games and I'll play some I missed)

Oligarch097

Neo Member
Who thinks that horizon forbbiden west will have two separate game builds one for the PS4 and the full fat one is the one we saw in jun? just like what MS did with forza horizon early this gen.

Last edited:

DrDamn

I've been pretty steady on my brands:

Commodore Plus/4 > C64 > Amiga > PS1 > PS2 > PS3 > PS4 > PS5

So, Commodore and Sony for the last ... ooooh, 36 years..!

Big thumbs up for the Plus/4. Mine in order of purchase:

Vic20 -> Plus/4 -> Atari ST -> Amiga A1200 -> PS1 -> N64 -> Dreamcast -> PS2 -> XBox -> GC -> X360 -> PS3 -> Wii -> Wii-U -> PS4 -> X1 -> Switch -> X1X -> XSX -> PS5!

I'm old ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom