• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickolaidas

Gotta admit, I took a long look at that showbiz woman, didn't know her name. Now I know, and I am complete because of you, mate 😂
Her whole shtick is inviting clownish morons and making fun of them on TV. She's been doing this for years.

Here's a translation of the dialogue of the vid you posted:

"I am Antonio Lee.

Where does the 'Lee' come from?
From Bruce Lee.

And Antonio Bandera(s) for a few ... no, for quite a few ... (the rest is cut, but he was about to say a female noun, so I guess he was saying something like, 'quite a few women think of him as hot as Antonio Banderas).

I am a fighter of life ... and a shaolin of (erotic) love ..."

And then he starts his monkey stuff.

xacto

Her whole shtick is inviting clownish morons and making fun of them on TV. She's been doing this for years.

Here's a translation of the dialogue of the vid you posted:

"I am Antonio Lee.

Where does the 'Lee' come from?
From Bruce Lee.

And Antonio Bandera(s) for a few ... no, for quite a few ... (the rest is cut, but he was about to say a female noun, so I guess he was saying something like, 'quite a few women think of him as hot as Antonio Banderas).

I am a fighter of life ... and a shaolin of (erotic) love ..."

And then he starts his monkey stuff.

Well, I thought I met some deranged individuals, but this guy takes the cake. Thanks for the info, mate. It's indeed a slow day for PS5, hence this.

Wait until sircaw sircaw will get triggered by all this. He's gonna have a field day.

xacto

Youtube takes me to a gazillion meditative, 6 hour long videos when I search for this title...

Yes, that Méditer is what Shazam returned to me as well, and on YouTube you will find long sets of meditative music only; I think the music from the video is actually a part of one of those sets.

user1337

I know CoD has become somewhat of a meme due to its size, but in all seriousness.........

you can actually fit Call of Duty....

Twice

giphy.gif

(it's closer to 150GB)

Last edited:
This console is not worth it. It has no value at all. We already bought Nintendo Switch for the kids and in few years we will buy them next gen Switch which will play games at higher than 1080p resolution.

Other casual gamers will buy what the freaks like us are playing.
ya, I called many times that S is a waste of money. people don't like the statement. but their arguments have a lot of wishful thinking.

PSX

Guys make sure you credit/debit card is update it and be on the look out tomorrow, you got 24 hours to fix an error as on the screenshot being mentioned. good luck all! 🤞

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:
So it is 720-1080p and not 720-1440p like DF reported lol
People were expecting the avg. to be around 1080p with DF claims but now...
Wow, is Gears 5 720-1080p in XSS?

Watch Dogs: Legion in XSS is an interesting case, because in X1X it's dynamic 4k (1440p low i guess) without RT. I'm very curious about XSS performance without RT, but i think Ubisoft will not give any option about RT. RT on in next-gen consoles and RT off in current-gen consoles.

renx

Wasn't the Series S supposed to be more powerful than the Xbox One X ?

Perhaps there's one thing to take into consideration.
Old games won't take advantage of the new CPU. They were conceived for the Jaguar.

Last edited:

xacto

This console is not worth it. It has no value at all. We already bought Nintendo Switch for the kids and in few years we will buy them next gen Switch which will play games at higher than 1080p resolution.

Other casual gamers will buy what the freaks like us are playing.

Still available to pre-order at FNAC Switzerland, the Series S... while GamesRadar is reporting it back in stock in UK. Apparently in here players don't care much about it.

reksveks

Wasn't the Series S supposed to be more powerful than the Xbox One X ?

Perhaps there's one thing to take into consideration.
Old games won't take advantage of the new CPU. They were conceived for the Jaguar.
It is but it has a VRAM bottleneck which won't get solved in the first (even second) set of games on it which means it will generally have a lower resolution cap.

mitchman

Gold Member
I was initially quite excited to play this game after its first reveal trailer but my excitement went down as I heard about glitches and poor reviews, and it eventually got thrown into my back catalog and quickly drowned out; does anyone think it is worth picking up on the PS5?
It's on PSNow for free now, free download.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
But the question remains: Is this still more powerful than a potential Switch Pro?

* I swear, anybody taking this question seriously will be put on ignore faster than I can potentially contract COVID, so help me... *
Yep even less powerful than the Ouya ..... I think a few of my neurons died remembering that shitty console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom