• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

edotlee

20201103-212245.jpg

Last edited:

sinnergy

about game pass

I said my opinion before but about game pass I ll say this:

if u own ur games through ps4 generation ,,, when u turn on ur ps5 this November u will find all ur OWNED GAMES ready to download and replay as u want ALL UR LIBRARY carry on with u

when u only pay subscription to microsoft every month which is accumulatively expensive but u rent the game that will leave gamepass library eventually

when u turn on ur xbox next generation u need to subscribe to play which game Microsoft choose for u every month u don't own nothing

always buy what u want leave what u don't want

no one need 100 games every month most of which u will not play either it does not interest u or u don't have time to play and if u play something u own nothing u pay just for a permission to play and sometimes u will not find something u want to play but u have to be subscribed either way to play any thing u always behind pay wall it is forcing u to pay every month to pay any thing

most don't have time to play more than 2 or at most 3 games per month so I buy them cause

- I own them forever
- I prefer replay games I like 2 or many times more than play something new does not interest me
Good for you , I don’t care, I know what I am getting , that’s what the GP proposition is.

xacto

What the fuck is going on here? 🤣

He will always be a true Hollywood legend and an iconic martial artist, not your typical stuntman. ... Antonio Lee is apparently a master of Jeet Kune Do, which translated from Cantonese is, “the way of the intercepting fist.” Jeet Kune Do is a mix of different martial arts philosophies, influenced heavily by Bruce Lee.

A Greek Bruce Lee wanna-be.

about game pass

I said my opinion before but about game pass I ll say this:

if u own ur games through ps4 generation ,,, when u turn on ur ps5 this November u will find all ur OWNED GAMES ready to download and replay as u want ALL UR LIBRARY carry on with u

when u only pay subscription to microsoft every month which is accumulatively expensive but u rent the game that will leave gamepass library eventually

when u turn on ur xbox next generation u need to subscribe to play which game Microsoft choose for u every month u don't own nothing

always buy what u want leave what u don't want

no one need 100 games every month most of which u will not play either it does not interest u or u don't have time to play and if u play something u own nothing u pay just for a permission to play and sometimes u will not find something u want to play but u have to be subscribed either way to play any thing u always behind pay wall it is forcing u to pay every month to pay any thing

most don't have time to play more than 2 or at most 3 games per month so I buy them cause

- I own them forever
- I prefer replay games I like 2 or many times more than play something new does not interest me
At least state the correct info. Every game I bought on my X1X acts the exact same way it does on PS. Every game I bought comes right with me ready to download. I can also play games from X360 and the original Xbox as well if my Xbox has a drive. EVERY game available on Game Pass is able to be purchased for a discount. You own every game you buy on Xbox just like PS. The vast majority of 1st party games never leave Game Pass. If you don't like the idea of getting 1st party games day one for a discount with a subscription that's fine but there is no reason to make up stuff. If you don't know what Game Pass is or what the policies it has just ask someone lying about it helps no one.

MistBreeze

At least state the correct info. Every game I bought on my X1X acts the exact same way it does on PS. Every game I bought comes right with me ready to download. I can also play games from X360 and the original Xbox as well if my Xbox has a drive. EVERY game available on Game Pass is able to be purchased for a discount. You own every game you buy on Xbox just like PS. The vast majority of 1st party games never leave Game Pass. If you don't like the idea of getting 1st party games day one for a discount with a subscription that's fine but there is no reason to make up stuff. If you don't know what Game Pass is or what the policies it has just ask someone lying about it helps no one.
I know it is like plus
every game added to library can be played as long as u r subscribed to the service
This is the problem
every tume u want to play anything it is behind a pay wall
U own nothing
yes u can buy what u want but no one will buy a game he played in full
I want to own all my games day one if I want I buy and own
Unless the ocationely plus games I dont care to own cause they release too late that If I want one I should owned already

I think he meant ps+ games, that stay in your library "forever" if you continue the subscription.

Ps+ of course gives only few games / month, but it is kind of comparable to gamepass(partly), if you have had it for years = hundreds of old random games in a library. gamepass adds new games on top of that, but user have no control if they are removed from the sub or not, so it is more like rental random games service.

(And isnt support for original xbox really bad for xsex/x1x, like handful of compatible games)

Problem I see with gamepass is that people claim it is incredible value for casuals

but casuals rarely buy more than few games / year if even that. Attach rates for a console have been less than 10 games for most modern home consoles, which means that there are millions of gamers whom buy only few games / gen and they are probably those casuals and kids parents. And then HC gamers whom but tens/hundreds of games, which I think gamepass is better to.

So is the point that casuals are so gullible that they are willing to pay for subscription just because there is hundreds of games and it blinds their reasoning skills?

Because, if someone plays lets say 1-2 games / year, why would they pay 120-200$/€ (gamepass prices vary by country) every year when they only need few games from the hundred, and with bad luck they dont even come in the service, or are removed from the service?

now I got it.. people fucking hoarded toilet paper in a panic so I guess using logic to these things is not logical, and people indeed can be blinded by "pay 1, get 100" offers even if they need just 1 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But anyway, he have a point about game pass and how games are added and removed + users still have to pay for games that are not in the gp

user1337

This is a good point; but it's also just a totally different UX than PS4. PS4 there's no indication that something else is running when looking at the screen; on PS5 the game is running in the background in the UX. There is no need to remind you that something else is going to close in order to launch what you selected.

But like I said; not saying it absolutely doesn't have it though.

But if it does.. man I'll never get behind this "keep things secret" marketing lol

I'd be surprised if it didn't have some form of quick resume, even if it's not like the one used on Xbox.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
You think the operating system uses the same base 10 GB as the advertised SSD size?

So 825 GB - 664 GB = 161 GB for the OS reserve?
I think part of that reserve is dedicated for games - like a 100GB SSD "fast vram" to load assets and so on from.

One thing is for sure, the OS itself doesn't take up that much space.

BlueHawk357

Why would you rate it lower if it’s shorter?? Is there some sort of minimum length for a good game? Lmao
Well, it's more like an expansion than a whole game. So, yes. If a game under delivers on something I'd expect from a first party game I do drop points.

It's the same for Horizon Frozen Wilds. I gave that 7/10, when Horizon was 9/10.

Bright Memory is an awesome game, very fun to play and absolutely amazing graphics but I gave it a 7/10 because it's an hour long. 🤷🏻‍♂️

HAL-01

Well, it's more like an expansion than a whole game. So, yes. If a game under delivers on something I'd expect from a first party game I do drop points.

It's the same for Horizon Frozen Wilds. I gave that 7/10, when Horizon was 9/10.

Bright Memory is an awesome game, very fun to play and absolutely amazing graphics but I gave it a 7/10 because it's an hour long. 🤷🏻‍♂️
You gave a dlc a lower score because it was shorter than the full game? Thank god you don’t do this for a living

Last edited:

Cobenzl

Totally, THEAP99 THEAP99 noted earlier this week there may have been a tease on IGN with the reviewer who remarked it was the closest to being on a theme park ride she'd ever been (or something like that) when playing the Astrobot game. I'm really excited about this feature. If it's anything like the Dualsense, we're in for a treat.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

It feels like being beaten to a pulp by Antonio Lee, right? You have no idea if to feel the pain or the shame 😂

If someone would tell me that one day I would see a youtube link of the Greek showbiz woman Tatiana Stefanidou and one of the circus clowns she brings as guests on her show ... on a ps5/xsx thread on freakin' NeoGAF ... I would laugh so hard and shake my head at the ridiculousness of the statement.

Yet here we are.

Thank you, xacto. I am complete, because of you.

ZywyPL

Banned
You gave a dlc a lower score because it was shorter than the full game? Thank god you don’t do this for a living

He's got a point tho, because what's the point of reviews and their scores? Isn't it all about telling people whether the game is worth it or not? So price vs playtime should be a big factor in the scoring, no? I personally don't like the usual 1-10 scoring to begin with, never did, there's even a decade old meme that shows what's wrong with modern day review scoring, I prefer a simple buy, wait, rent, skip "scoring" system some Youtubers use, it's just more practical from an end consumer (which is me) point of view.

xacto

If someone would tell me that one day I would see a youtube link of the Greek showbiz woman Tatiana Stefanidou and one of the circus clowns she brings as guests on her show ... on a ps5/xsx thread on freakin' NeoGAF ... I would laugh so hard and shake my head at the ridiculousness of the statement.

Yet here we are.

Thank you, xacto. I am complete, because of you.

Gotta admit, I took a long look at that showbiz woman, didn't know her name. Now I know, and I am complete because of you, mate 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom