• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
AC Valhalla: 42% of the game's sales came on PS4, and 18% came on PS5, despite the latter machine not coming out in the UK until next week. The rest of the sales (40%) came with the Xbox version. (60% PlayStation, 40% Xbox)

Call of Duty: 39% of Call of Duty's sales came on PS4, 34% was for the Xbox One version, 17% for the PS5 SKU and 9% for the Xbox Series-only version. (56% PlayStation, 43% Xbox)

Miles Morales: It is, however, billed as one of the big launch games for PlayStation 5, and 71% of its sales were for the new console (with 29% of sales coming on PS4). (71% PS5, 29% PS4)

Sackboy: Sackboy saw 89% of sales coming on the PS5 version, with the remainder on PS4. (89% PS5, 11% PS4)

Yakuza: With 65% of unit sales coming on PS4 and 35% on 'Xbox'. (65% PlayStation, 35% Xbox)

NBA 2K21: The PS5 edition accounted for 63% of sales, with 14% coming on the Xbox Series devices. (63% PS5, 14% Xbox Series)

The hype is real, and the PS5 isn't even out there yet.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
AC Valhalla: 42% of the game's sales came on PS4, and 18% came on PS5, despite the latter machine not coming out in the UK until next week. The rest of the sales (40%) came with the Xbox version. (60% PlayStation, 40% Xbox)

Call of Duty: 39% of Call of Duty's sales came on PS4, 34% was for the Xbox One version, 17% for the PS5 SKU and 9% for the Xbox Series-only version. (56% PlayStation, 43% Xbox)

Miles Morales: It is, however, billed as one of the big launch games for PlayStation 5, and 71% of its sales were for the new console (with 29% of sales coming on PS4). (71% PS5, 29% PS4)

Sackboy: Sackboy saw 89% of sales coming on the PS5 version, with the remainder on PS4. (89% PS5, 11% PS4)

Yakuza: With 65% of unit sales coming on PS4 and 35% on 'Xbox'. (65% PlayStation, 35% Xbox)

NBA 2K21: The PS5 edition accounted for 63% of sales, with 14% coming on the Xbox Series devices. (63% PS5, 14% Xbox Series)

Ppl are buying the game before the actual console comes out?? Aaww shit.....

ethomaz

Banned

When say nobody cares about BC because people wants to play new games in new consoles... some guys disagree.

But that is the truth... gamers like to play new games in their new hot machines.

THAT IS WHAT A NEW GENERATION MEANS.

PS5 will probably be way more successful than PS4.

ethomaz

Banned
It`s pretty much pre-orders.

Games released one week earlier. So eveyone who had a ps5 pre-order and pre-ordered a game, that game counted as sale because it released earlier.
It is not preorders.

Games and accessories were launched early than the PS5.... you can buy them already in any place of the world.

You see a lot of pics on Twitter with people with Dual Sense and games just waiting the PS5.

Last edited:

Tmack

It is not preorders.

Games and accessories were launched early than the PS5.... you can buy them already in any place of the world.

You see a lot of pics on Twitter with people with Dual Sense and games just waiting the PS5.

Exactly, people pre-ordered both games and console and as game relased earlier people received the game without a console.

My case:

- Pre ordered a PS5;
- Pre ordered MM and DS because pre-ordering i would get 15% off + perks;
- Games released on 12, so both my pre-ordered games dispatched and count as "sold";
- Received DS copy couple days ago, should receive MM today;
- Still waiting for the PS5 to arrive god know when...

That probably explain most ps game sales by now in europe.

Last edited:

onQ123

PS5 isn't even out & it's doing a Pacman chart in the UK

Shmunter

So many people saying this and feeling this but its kinda low balled with an 83 Metacritic IMO
Only criticism is the act of hitting should carry more crunch. Playing Knack you get that satisfying impact when you hit an enemy. Going back to Astrobot the difference is apparent.

Anyway, small gripe and a different game. But I would have insisted on more Crunch. Call me Captain Crunch if you will.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Only criticism is the act of hitting should carry more crunch. Playing Knack you get that satisfying impact when you hit an enemy. Going back to Astrobot the difference is apparent.

Anyway, small gripe and a different game. But I would have insisted on more Crunch. Call me Captain Crunch if you will.
don't judge games as how they compare to Knack, its unfair for other games.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Anyone having issues with connectivity in Demon's Souls? I'm having issues in ONE particular area. When I get summoned in as a blue to help people with the Tower Knight boss....almost every time, RIGHT at the end of the fight and JUST before the Tower Knight's bar gets down to zero and it declares the win, the connection terminates. So awesome...the host gets the win, but summons...at least MY summon, don't get the credit or souls for it. It's ONLY happened to me with this boss so far, though admittedly I've only done up to the Leechmonger and all the worlds save 4-1 on the first bosses. But it seems ODDLY consistent with that one boss fight.

Anyone?

Also...hearing some people complain about a "whine" when playing Demon's Souls and some other games. I heard SOMETHING like the noise they mention...but it only was while the game was installing from the disk. I think the humming is the drive spinning? Regardless, it's not even noticeable unless you put your ear up to the unit itself. Much ado about nothing, I think..unless specific units have some kind of low grade issue.

Last edited:

vpance

Anyone having issues with connectivity in Demon's Souls? I'm having issues in ONE particular area. When I get summoned in as a blue to help people with the Tower Knight boss....almost every time, RIGHT at the end of the fight and JUST before the Tower Knight's bar gets down to zero and it declares the win, the connection terminates. So awesome...the host gets the win, but summons...at least MY summon, don't get the credit or souls for it. It's ONLY happened to me with this boss so far, though admittedly I've only done up to the Leechmonger and all the worlds save 4-1 on the first bosses. But it seems ODDLY consistent with that one boss fight.

Anyone?

Yeah I was getting dc’d a lot on Tower Knight also, usually right after he falls and everyone is stabbing his head.

aclar00

Two words: convinience and comfort. One less thing on your head, one less wire annoying you. Also, with standard speekers developers can fine tune the audio to them.

I doubt it would cost Sony more than 10 dollars to implement, but if it does, then I agree with you that a low entry price should be priority.

If have to agree with the other guy...convenient it may be...sute, but comfort is much more subjective and build in headphones...naw. It would require too many adjustment options to be implemented. This we make it more expensive and bulker. Sure, they can put in some cheap headphoness/drivers, etc...but would they want something cheap to showcase the tempest engine?

Also one more thing that can break and become a neusance i think...they also wouldnt even be over-the-ear, which i personally prefer.

Both have plus/deltas, but id prefer not to have them i think.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Yeah I was getting dc’d a lot on Tower Knight also, usually right after he falls and everyone is stabbing his head.
Exactly! Right as he gets killed, instead of saying he's dead and awarding souls, etc., he starts standing back up and it says connection was terminated for instability. But ONLY has happened to me there. It's just this afternoon...literally 4 out of 5 summons and fights, that happened to me. Super annoying! :)

iamvin22

Industry Verified

The miles and sackboy split is absolutely nuts in favor of Ps5. When word of mouth gets out you will see that number jump a bit higher

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I’ve been enjoying my time with the game and the things they’ve done with the controller are pretty amazing. I think my favorite part is when you zip the suit up, between the haptics and sound it makes the game more immersive.

Cool game and lots of fun.

Last edited:

vpance

Exactly! Right as he gets killed, instead of saying he's dead and awarding souls, etc., he starts standing back up and it says connection was terminated for instability. But ONLY has happened to me there. It's just this afternoon...literally 4 out of 5 summons and fights, that happened to me. Super annoying! :)

I only managed to help 2 people beat him but yeah it’s a shame it kept dropping out because it’s a fun one to co-op. Armor Spider was fine though, did like a dozen runs with others and no problem.

Last edited:

Codeblew

Japanese analysts say that PS5 and Xbox Series may be the last gaming devices from Sony and Microsoft

PEOPLE SAY THIS EVERY FUCKING GENERATION. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aclar00

Yep

Interesting.. seems like the pulses are out of stock everywhere. I will maybe consider getting those or the arctis 7p at some point soon to try it and see if the 3d audio is better wirelessly.. and if they do sound clear with 3d audio but not much improved over my typical stereo I'll return them. Or keep them if it's worth it..

That's honestly so weird.. I'm not the biggest fan of wireless. I would have thought wired is better since it's a straight connection?

Thats the weird thing with Sony and the PS4 and 5....its not really wired given that the controller is bluetooth and then it has to send a signal to the 3.5mm. Like wtf do you have to do all this as oppose to have direct BT connection to the console...even if it has to have a separate and own BT signal that takes away another controller spot or something.

Is their a source for this bud? I don’t see why the XBox shouldn’t have 3D audio.

Watch Dogs: Legion
Xbox Series X/S:
  • Raytracing
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • Raytracing
  • Tempest 3D Audio
  • Adaptive triggers support
  • Faster load times
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Xbox Series X/S:
  • 60fps at 4K on Xbox Series X
  • Faster load times
PS5:
  • 60fps at 4K
  • Tempest 3D Audio Engine
  • Faster load times
But they do mention that Immortals Fenyx Rising will support Dolby Atmos and Tempest Engine on their respective platforms so that makes me wonder why it isn't the case with the other games.

Exactly, people pre-ordered both games and console and as game relased earlier people received the game without a console.

My case:

- Pre ordered a PS5;
- Pre ordered MM and DS because pre-ordering i would get 15% off + perks;
- Games released on 12, so both my pre-ordered games dispatched and count as "sold";
- Received DS copy couple days ago, should receive MM today;
- Still waiting for the PS5 to arrive god know when...

That probably explain most ps game sales by now in europe.

People also buy them from stores

I bough demons souls disc version 12.11 when they started to sell it, to have it ready (3 days to go here for console launch)

I went to see if they have dock&pulse 3D at 13.11 and almost _all_ PS5 games were sold in few stores. They had like 1-2 spidermans left

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Sorry my bad, i mistook the line (first line) saying 95/78 as percentages. But this was not intentional, i'll correct the original post. By the way, there was no need for accusations, you don't know anything about me or my personality.
Brother, we all make mistakes, not that big of a deal. However, I know what you mean about integrity, as I am the same way. You corrected, all is well. Don’t get down about it, it is just a video game.

Last edited:

BatSu

main-qimg-ff08d7419eb80dc07095a35936ef73d5

Em7TRmlUwAAaJFI

ToadMan

Multiplats selling better on PS... I didn’t see that on the marketing sheet.

Gamepass stealing sales from games on Xbox?

That makes no sense. Each firmware for each xbox platform is not generic. You're essentially making a bs argument that xb one is holding back optimization of series x. This isnt a thing.

Xbox released firmware and dev kits later then sony. The tools arent as mature. This happens each generation and improves over time

Fuck's sake man, bu, bu, bu... but what about DX12? Pretty sure that shit exists for a few years now.
What about the fantastic idea of not using "variable clocks" (aka smartshift) and how that makes dev's lives so much easier because the "tflops" aren't varying?
What about not having new controller features and pretty much using the exact same controller as last gen?
I was told the large CU count would be Microsoft's fine wine approach to this gen. Where has that narrative gone?
What about the "RDNA 1.5" on the PS5 vs the so called only console with "all RDNA2 features shown by AMD"?
I vaguely remember the CPU also being clocked higher, so much so even the Series S was said by some geniuses (Tom Warren lol) it would outperform the PS5 at lower resolutions.

How about stop making excuses for Microsoft and tell them to fuck off with that "most powerful" narrative? Just a thought.

Multiplats selling better on PS... I didn’t see that on the marketing sheet.

Gamepass stealing sales from games on Xbox?
Probably, also given how BC was heavily marketed on MS part I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people bought the console to keep playing the games they already own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom