• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
APGSUai.png

r4iyEaL.png

4jLTDIB.png

IM0zXGY.png

uu49rHw.png

TLDR: Enjoy the games on your platform of choice.
And there it is. If there's one insider people should listen to, it's Matt. Everything he said about ps4 and xbo turned out to be true.

And there it is. If there's one insider people should listen to, it's Matt. Everything he said about ps4 and xbo turned out to be true.
Sony is quite happy to have PS5 being "just " on par with Series X. Because they already have the marketing and consumer base lead. Anything more is just gravy. As long as PS5 isn't inferior to Series X in performance, they have achieved their target objective.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Ok, we are open! Come in with an empty stomach so you don't shit yourself.

This generation is going to be so close that you might as well buy either console based on what colour you do preffer.
Ah, but that assumes you don't actually use them to play games. The performance might be close, but nothing else is. More of your friends would play PS5, more of the AAA games that take advantage of next gen would be on PS5, and at some point PSVR2 would come out.

If you feel Xbox is safe because they managed to reach a stalemate on power, you might want to pay attention to their existing weaknesses.

Radical_3d

Ah, but that assumes you don't actually use them to play games. The performance might be close, but nothing else is. More of your friends would play PS5, more of the AAA games that take advantage of next gen would be on PS5, and at some point PSVR2 would come out.

If you feel Xbox is safe because they managed to reach a stalemate on power, you might want to pay attention to their existing weaknesses.
But in the other hand more americans will play Xbox: an oportunity for new and diverse friendships! You have the Netflix of videogames where you can be tired of the games faster since the perceived value is lower, and anyways you are too old to either play with friends, that are bussy with the kids, or play VR, since it confuses and scares you.

Not all of us are insultingly young.

But in the other hand more americans will play Xbox: an oportunity for new and diverse friendships! You have the Netflix of videogames where you can be tired of the games faster since the perceived value is lower, and anyways you are too old to either play with friends, that are bussy with the kids, or play VR, since it confuses and scares you.

Not all of us are insultingly young.
If you think Gamepass is better for older gamers, I have to disagree. I would have loved gamepass as a student, as i had little money but all the time in the world. But now that i have an income I don't have the time to try games that I might not like. My break time is too precious for that. I don't need hundreds of games that i have no time to play.

Of course, you love what you love and I am not stopping you. Just remember that there is no trend to suggest Xbox is gaining in older gamers in the world.

PS5 hardware sales should easily beat S/X with those softwares split.
The split was 1.5 : 1 in 2014 for current gen in the UK. So it seems so far it is a repeat, though of course the numbers are skewed until the supply issue is sorted.

Last edited:

vkbest

I hope this is because they didn't have enough digital consoles produced. Maybe European users will have a surprise and get digital version at disc price.

Last edited:

oldergamer

What Matt said fits in line with what i was thinking. Right before this performance stuff was mentioned I told people to relax, it honestly doesn't matter. The performance differences people are pushing are imperceivable to anyone playing the games.

Tools are a factor, and this has been the case on xbox for three generations. I expect some modest margins to appear later on, but for the most part its going to be small. They usually make great strides in this area after launch.

It's going to come down to having exclusives and first party titles this gen, so looking forward to seeing some new franchises and those titles pushing the systems more.

ethomaz

Banned
Ifs a free 3-4 hour game. And its fully self contained, its not a demo.

Games like Journey or Portal were even shorter but nobody held that against them, and they weren't free
Sony calls it a demo.
A demo created to shows the Dual Sense features.

And it does it amazing well.

PS. Portal was demo that come with another game... Portal 2 was the full game... Jorney was indeed a full game.

If you think Gamepass is better for older gamers, I have to disagree. I would have loved gamepass as a student, as i had little money but all the time in the world. But now that i have an income I don't have the time to try games that I might not like. My break time is too precious for that. I don't need hundreds of games that i have no time to play.

Of course, you love what you love and I am not stopping you. Just remember that there is no trend to suggest Xbox is gaining in older gamers in the world.

The split was 1.5 : 1 in 2014 for current gen in the UK. So it seems so far it is a repeat, though of course the numbers are skewed until the supply issue is sorted.

And PS5 havent even launched yet on europe, and it already sold more games. So, after the launch = probably even bigger cap

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Is this real?

mgxr3k4s85z51.jpg

The back of the box for the PS5 game states "50GB Minimum", however, I didn't check my install file size. In any case, that's reasonably small for sure. I can't check from work unfortunately.

DrDamn

Sony calls it a demo.
A demo created to shows the Dual Sense features.

And it does it amazing well.

PS. Portal was demo that come with another game... Portal 2 was the full game... Jorney was indeed a full game.

It's a great demonstration of the Dual Sense features, but that doesn't make the game itself a demo. It's not a limited demonstration of a bigger game. It's got all the features a normal game has including trophies, activity cards etc. When did Sony call it a demo?

oldergamer

Yep it is behind an unreleased yet console, impressive for sure.
That is boxed sales though in the UK. I'm actually surprised so many boxed units are selling for XSX. Who knows what the digital sales are for xbox, as you can buy your game early and play on your current box before downloading the upgrades. Not really sure we can trust these numbers as a trend.

Sinthor

Gold Member
I honestly probably joined in as a phantom with you tonight. Tower Knight does appear to have a network disconnect bug/issue after he falls down. Not sure how to report it besides tweeting at Blupoint.
Ah..that's a good idea! Right...since it's not a "crash" need to report it for sure! Thanks for the reminder!

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Is this real?

mgxr3k4s85z51.jpg

Might be. I was just comparing sizes last night with Borderlands 3 PS4 and PS5. Because you can only transfer over one character, I decided to install the PS4 version for when I wanna switch characters. And it is smaller, maybe 20GB smaller?

Never mind, I saw the posts that came after. Next gen versions can be smaller tho.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Yeah, but remember when he was shunned for being dead wrong about PS5 and Xbox Series X? Probably not, this forum forgives everyone for positive Playstation news, even if it's wrong.

What was he wrong about?

Remind us all with a link, so that we can once again disprove this bs claim that some of you consistently try to spread. It's like you guys are just waiting for people to forget and then start accepting whatever you say.

Bring the receipts, I wanna SEE when he was dead wrong about these consoles. Let's go.

What was he wrong about?

Remind us all with a link, so that we can once again disprove this bs claim that some of you consistently try to spread. It's like you guys are just waiting for people to forget and then start accepting whatever you say.

Bring the receipts, I wanna SEE when he was dead wrong about these consoles. Let's go.
I don't feel like it, but there was a period of time where he was shunned in this very thread. If no one remembers, that's not my problem.

What did he say? To be honest pretty much everyone was wrong about these consoles back in the day...

Exactly, so what makes him right now? Trust no one.

Last edited:
I don't feel like it, but there was a period of time where he was shunned in this very thread. If no one remembers, that's not my problem.

Exactly, so what makes him right now? Trust no one.
I don't remember that at all.

Also now consoles are out in the wild everywhere and he DOES have access to them and people working with them. So yeah he knows more than anyone here.

Matt had been laying it out for months but some people just want to be in cloud nine.

Including Alex Bunalia and that journalist from the Verge (both on era). They know Matt has been saying those things for months, but they still kept on hammering about power advantage like they know better than him.

I mean Matt who has inside knowledge has already spoken and here comes Alex Bugatlion saying PS5 is 2070 while xsex is 2080. He fueled the wrong expectations and left xbox fans disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom