• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingD3AD

Can’t even imagine Naughty Dog’s PS5 game
demonssouls_202011141yqjbu.jpg

demonssouls_202011121hyjha.png

Demon's Souls in-game screenshots. IN-GAME!

This is what I dreamed of for next gen lads :messenger_heart:
rock solid 60fps!!!

Sinthor

Gold Member
I agree to some extent that Sony's PS5 has a much more matured tool sets and API's, they've been ahead of these things for a while now especially since the PS4.

That being said, I still find it interesting that PS5 is on par and even edging out Series X in some of these comparisons, you'd think the raw compute performance would give Series X a lead on most comparisons but it's not the case. I agree that we will see better performance over time for the Series X when the tools become a little more mature but the same could easily be said for PS5, remember what Matt Hargett said about how developers overtime will learn to hit the caches more often to get performance on the PS5 and this was in response to those same comparisons and that's only one factor, others will include much more effect API's and profiles.

A few insiders (some on here as well) as well as RedGamingTech have mentioned a number of times now that the PS5 and Series X "approach" is completely different in terms of APU design. Series X being "slower but wider" and PS5 being "narrow but fast" and each one of these approaches have their own advantages over one another, which approach was a better choice? we'll see by the end of this generation but I already know what my money is on.

I still think the XSX split memory configuration is a factor that will show itself as well.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Why do these guys focus so much on the PS5? Psychologically there’s something going on with these guys.
Eh, just human nature. Everyone wants to believe the decisions they make and the things they buy are the best. If not..they'd be stupid, right? No one wants to feel stupid. So we tend to fight for brands and things we buy...we identify with sports teams like we're on them...things like that. We're all just people. :)

kyliethicc

With the NEXTGEN Patch applied:

Call of Duty Warzone will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Star Wars Squadrons will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

Rocket League will be 120FPS on XSX compared to 60 FPS on PS5

That’s actually a 100% difference and especially for a fast space FPS or Multiplayer Games in general 120FPS makes a huge difference compared to 60 FPS.

Also, Call of Duty Warzone and Rpcket League are one of the most popular multiplayer games on earth and pretty big. A lot of players. Way more than all the launch games combined.

f1PektT.jpg

Dabaus

Banned
That’s what I was told and delayed until 2021. I gave away what it was a while ago but won’t be saying anything else. I’m just a spectator. The only nonsense is how people pick one incorrect thing and ignore how many that were correct? I get it oh no flops wrong bad. RE8 denied (confirmed) GoWR denied (Confirmed) Superman denied (confirmed) Consoles = performance denied (confirmed) again I am just a spectator and still want BOTH consoles to perform well as competition is good for everyone. (Sits back and watches)

Awhile back you insinuated that if you like capcom and konami games that youd have to pick a certain side (Or something along those lines...) With rumors of silent hill being rebooted for ps5 you seem somewhat vindicated. With that said, heard any updates about this? Thanks!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
tell us how many things you got wrong under your vetted account.
just to remind people how fake you are:

On the hardware side not even upset it puts them in a pretty shit position for the entire generation though. They will be playing catch up and their is no sauce created that can span that gulf. XSeX is definitely more powerful. Also clearing up a bunch of bullshit Ive read PSV does constantly run in boost mode but I don't think that is a good thing. (Own Opinion) Cant imagine sustaining that high a clock speed is going to be quiet after hours of playing anything. Never cared who won will still be getting both systems for exclusives but XSeX should be the multiplat king.
Brutal.

kyliethicc

tell us how many things you got wrong under your vetted account.
just to remind people how fake you are:
Trees sway in the wind and a trail of smoke drifts off into the twilight sky. You can see the embers from the smoke floating around in the distance. Soldiers throw a body into the flames sending smoke embers and sparks into the night sky. The man walks towards the soldiers the camera is low to the ground and behind him. As he walks across what looks to be a recently concluded battleground he walks with a purpose through the mud. We see his footprints in the mud and a puddle of water ripples as he steps through it. He stands off in the distance between the trees but in plain view. His back to the sun it is too bright to make him out. The shadows look much better in this version crisp and detailed.

There is another from memory description of a video I saw well before it was released to the public. Just like the above is detailed enough for you to know exactly what I was talking about when you see it.
what was that you can talk about it now?
MS is killing it .... literally. This is the most excited I have been for a MS console ever and I have owned them all but if half of this shit is shown, MS E3 is going to be hard to beat.
PS5 will have exclusive games but honestly it looks like MS line up will be very good or even better initially. Some late gen PS4 games will be counted as launch titles (I don't like it but it is what I am hearing) But there will be some PS5 games that are true exclusives and cannot be played on PS4.
11.6/12.4 never changed numbers and those are gdk not retail units. Yes I did say the PSV gdk was loud and hot and it was. Newer one is not pretty simple actually. I still stand on those original numbers as I said I will die on this hill. I would like to know who said the XseX was finished and in form factor and out in certain peoples homes before i did. That's not just a toss shit at the wall statement. Also about the day drinking who says we didn't go out to eat? I mean I did send a Mod verification as to exactly where I was before I posted anything about it. Its fine though keep beating that drum. You keep hating and I will keep on day drinking . Also don't twist my words I said that the newer gdk is slightly ahead and it is if you ask my opinion I still think the PSV will release with a higher overall TF and performance number than the XseX. Nothing has changed they were BOTH targeting 13TF as stated before so I don't even know why people keep saying 9. This gets funnier as time goes by though ..... Osiris "New game runs at 4k 90fps locked" few days later Microsoft "Were supporting 4k and up to 120fps." Yep you're right I have no idea or clue and the pictures (multiple) I sent the mods don't mean anything. /s
No. I’ll die on this hill, 11.6 (they will say 12, does this sound familiar?) and 12..4 this was what I was told months ago. From what I have seen, not heard. their is no gap in power and if it is it’s negligible. Be happy both consoles are powerful. BOTH are comparable to a 2080 super.
Actually what I said was.

"I'm going to help dig yourself out of this hole, remember when someone (I have no idea who) said they heard the machines were 11.6 and 12.4 sometime last year? That number was SPOT ON at that time with PSV having a slight lead but also having heat and sound issues. (Heat and sound are no longer issues) MS announces 12 TF hey look a .4 increase not bad at all they made it. BOTH are > 10 (said this last year) with PSV still having a slight advantage. (Said this last year also.) Both were aiming for a very high number (13) and from what I can gather one of them may have actually hit that number. (Its not MS) Either way BOTH consoles are stupidly powerful and still very close. 12 vs 12.4 or 13.2 (Within 1TF of the numbers with a . up in both cases not down) isn't bad at all."

That's me doubling down on 12.4 (which i said from the get go) or Higher. Nothing lower.
On the hardware side not even upset it puts them in a pretty shit position for the entire generation though. They will be playing catch up and their is no sauce created that can span that gulf. XSeX is definitely more powerful. Also clearing up a bunch of bullshit Ive read PSV does constantly run in boost mode but I don't think that is a good thing. (Own Opinion) Cant imagine sustaining that high a clock speed is going to be quiet after hours of playing anything. Never cared who won will still be getting both systems for exclusives but XSeX should be the multiplat king.
i get it you live and die with your fake sources live and learn, what's crazy to me that you're more mature then most of people in here.
funniest part is this is just SOME of his obvious lies and BS. Fuck him

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
100% I have only shared openly on the forums a fraction of things said while gaming with some of these guys.

To be honest a lot of stuff said could never be proven anyhow to a forum its just friends bull shitting.

But when I say something here I USUALLY try to provide @Mod of War some kind of context as to why I made a comment
I can confirm that Heisenberg knows a lot more than he says publicly; let's just say he is a lot more open in the PM department.

JK; is this the gaming forum version of being 'swatted'?

So I just saw this...any weight to this or more fud? (Yes, yes, I know the account its coming from, lol)

Clock speeds have absolutely nothing to do with capacitors. Clocks denote how fast the transistors in a circuit can flip from 0 to 1 and vice versa. Capacitors hold electrical charges and are used for different intents and purposes, it's true that ram has capacitors, it's dram after all and the bits in its cells constantly switch states , but the ram in the PS5 isn't overclocked at all so I don't know where that bs In that tweet comes from. Plus, this is misterxmedia we're talking about, nothing that comes out of his mouth has any credibility to it, including the information that he cherry picks off of the web without doing his research and makes himself look like a total moron. I mean he pretends he knows about computer engineering and architectures, even though he has consistently proven that he knows jack shit. In case you need some background for him, he's the idiot that made up the hidden Gpu in the xbox one power brick fallacy and kept beating that dead horse even after he was proven wrong. I'll just leave it at that, I think you already have a rough idea of the type of special idiot he is.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Is that really necessary? Just say the game has a lot of tearing. At this point most people know this anyway. Maybe there is some other good reason he is doing this..

Them being fastidious is what makes them DF. If you want surface level analysis you can go elsewhere, but they try to give as much hard data as possible.

Mr Moose

Guys check your emails, Amazon just emailed me confirming my ps5 will ship for the 19th.
Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"PlayStation 5 Console"
Estimated arrival date: November 19 2020

I don't know what the fuck they are talking about, it always said the 19th for me and it hasn't been upgraded, I was on launch day delivery with Amazon Prime.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Explanation from Dictator on why new videos are taking longer:

dictator-comment.jpg

link
I think the problem is that AC might actually behave differently in bigger cities with a lot more NPCs and from what I understand, the game doesnt take you to those big cities until like the 8 hour mark. So that means he has to play both games for 8 hours each before they can do any validations. Also they didnt get access to demon souls and AC valhalla until November 11th for some reason. i dont think dictator even got a PS5 so hes likely just doing the xbox comparisons and waiting on richard and john to do the PS5 comparisons.

NX gamer did a very basic comparison in literally the first area of the game that is arguably not even indicative of how tearing in xbox series x truly is. Same goes for cod.

Mr Moose

I think the problem is that AC might actually behave differently in bigger cities with a lot more NPCs and from what I understand, the game doesnt take you to those big cities until like the 8 hour mark. So that means he has to play both games for 8 hours each before they can do any validations. Also they didnt get access to demon souls and AC valhalla until November 11th for some reason. i dont think dictator even got a PS5 so hes likely just doing the xbox comparisons and waiting on richard and john to do the PS5 comparisons.

NX gamer did a very basic comparison in literally the first area of the game that is arguably not even indicative of how tearing in xbox series x truly is. Same goes for cod.
He got a PS5 on the 11th (well, he has a pic of one on Twitter).

Zheph

I think he confirmed having one now but it's still a lot of work honestly, I know people are impatient (I'm dying for thursday here)

reksveks

He has a ps5 btw.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm pretty sure VG Tech already showed this stat in their breakdown a few days ago.
For the part he covered... he even said it is a very small part of the game.

For all the complains I have with DF the amount of tests and results they get to make their analyst it is not one of them... their analises are way bigger than what NX or VG does... they trie to cover all the locations to see if there is any with more or less issues.

You have indeed a more broader view of the issues with DF.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know what the fuck they are talking about, it always said the 19th for me and it hasn't been upgraded, I was on launch day delivery with Amazon Prime.
This is a standard pre-order message for consoles. I got the same one for my XSX that I ordered from them.

Be warned though, mine was not delivered on launch day. On the morning of launch the status changed to 'due to be delivered by 9pm tomorrow'. I thought it was a glitch, but no, it turned to 8pm the day after launch 🤷‍♂️

This is why I order multiple, so I guarantee at least one on launch day.

GreyHand23

There is cross save between the different versions of AC Valhalla so he wouldn’t have to start over.

JonkyDonk

For the part he covered... he even said it is a very small part of the game.

For all the complains I have with DF the amount of tests and results they get to make their analyst it is not one of them... their analises are way bigger than what NX or VG does... they trie to cover all the locations to see if there is any with more or less issues.

You have indeed a more broader view of the issues with DF.
That's fine but I don't personally think spending too much time on the tearing issue is the best way to go about this video. I'd rather if they talk more about the graphical details and effects, as well as the usual performance and resolution numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom