• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE:MILKMAN

The gulf in sales are already big.

These seem very high for a single quarter. Weren't the launch quantities rumoured to be in the 15K range for wafer allocations?

A quick die per wafer calculation gives the following numbers: 80,000 wafers for PS5 assuming 150 chips/wafer = 12,000,000, 35,000 wafers @120 chips/wafer for XSX = 4,200,000, 5000 wafers @270 chips/wafer for XSS = 1,350,000

Last edited:

Raoul_Duke

i liked the halo infinite reveal , who else agrees with me
I hope u mean the reveal trailer

rgWDC7N.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
These seem very high for a single quarter. Weren't the launch quantities rumoured to be in the 15K range for wafer allocations?

A quick die per wafer calculation gives the following numbers: 80,000 wafers for PS5 assuming 150 chips/wafer = 12,000,000, 35,000 wafers for XSX = 4,200,000, 5000 wafers for XSS = 1,350,000

Sony is trying to meet the extreme demand before it cools down. Also xbox has less chips per wafer as you know.

THE:MILKMAN

Sony is trying to meet the extreme demand before it cools down. Also xbox has less chips per wafer as you know.

I added the chips/wafer to XSX/XSS numbers in my last post. No doubt Sony will push to try and meet demand but I'm guessing if these numbers are true it will be for supply until at least the end of March/Sony fiscal year? Just getting them in hand while they can!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I added the chips/wafer to XSX/XSS numbers in my last post. No doubt Sony will push to try and meet demand but I'm guessing if these numbers are true it will be for supply until at least the end of March/Sony fiscal year? Just getting them in hand while they can!

Yup, then it'll probably produce less. I think Sony didn't expect this insane demand that's beyond current COVID-19 and financial problems.

MistBreeze

Don't show your dirty face around here until you have platinum Bugsnax, no excuses.

Seems like you really like your ps5, happy for you :messenger_grinning:

I can platinum any game in existence but bugsanx is the hardest games in existence to play let alone platinum
demons souls does not come close

oh wooo wooo its bugsnax
oh woooo wooooo everybody is talking about bugsnax dooooo do do do do do

I will stop but I admit it sure has a catchy song :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

yurinka

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
It´s terrible how some guys are fucking the comunity again with the comparisons when serious comparisons were done by DF.

I would like to remember to the people that NX Gamer made a big mistake in his first comparision of Valhalla, also I don´t understand why the people believe kid making videos at his home.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
It´s terrible how some guys are fucking the comunity again with the comparisons when serious comparisons were done by DF.

I would like to remember to the people that NX Gamer made a big mistake in his first comparision of Valhalla, also I don´t understand why the people believe kid making videos at his home.
Why are you singling out NX Gamer? Most youtubers work from their homes. Many professionals now are working from their homes. What does that have to do with anything? You can do good work anywhere.

huraga

Banned
Why are you singling out NX Gamer? Most youtubers work from their homes. Many professionals now are working from their homes. What does that have to do with anything? You can do good work anywhere.
This guy is not a professional, its only a youtuber doing comparisions from his home. Also it´s curious how in the first coparision of valhalla the Xbox Series X looks horrible till the people complain to him and he told that he had an issue recording this but the damage was done. For me he doesn´t have credibility. Another fanboy damaging the comunity.

This guy is not a professional, its only a youtuber doing comparisions from his home. Also it´s curious how in the first coparision of valhalla the Xbox Series X looks horrible till the people complain to him and he told that he had an issue recording this but the damage was done. For me he doesn´t have credibility. Another fanboy damaging the comunity.

What about Digital Foundry releasing that video and missing the performance bug?

Mistakes happen.

TLZ

Banned
The guy puts a lot of effort into his videos. He puts all the info out there for you to see.

i liked the halo infinite reveal , who else agrees with me

The reveal looked awkward at best and mediocre at worst. I thought come on there, this can't be it. This can't be what the teams have been working for the past 5 or so years. Looked bland, lifeless/soulless gameplay, audio design and world. If it was a vertical slice or a playable prototype to convince stakeholders to greenlight production, then this would get a pass.

Kid making videos at his home? NXGamer NXGamer is every bit an adult as anyone over at DF. He's passionate about games development and race track biking.

Last edited:

kainslayer

Neo Member
Kid making videos at his home? NXGamer NXGamer is every bit an adult as anyone over at DF. He's passionate about games development and race track biking.
I think I saw somewhere in beyond 3d forum that both nxgamer and vg dudes used to work in a site that did comparisons back in the day,i mean the day that sites like lens of truth and the other one witch ends in illusion...( Been 20+ years sory dudes) so they didnt came yesterday in thr bussines

saintjules

Sorry, I'm a few days late. Just wanted to point out that Bluepoint has definitely been working on two games for at least a year. They've said as much on more than one occasion:

Yeah I know of those tweets. They also mentioned Legend of Dragoon's character "Dart", but we all know a LOD remake is unlikely. I believe they used keywords from fans to throw them off.

It's all doubt until we get official announcement like always, but I of course would like to see remakes.

geordiemp

I guess when some dont like the message then attack the messenger seems to be whats happening allot to nXGamer and Digital foundry.

Classic ad hominem, will be calling their mums names next.

The people doing the attacking look pathetic IMO/

Last edited:

huraga

Banned
I guess when some dont like the message then attack the messenger seems to be whats happening allot to nXGamer and Digital foundry.

Classic ad hominem, will be calling their mums names next.

The people doing the attacking look pathetic IMO/

What message? if everything is manipulated to decant the balance to one side or the other.

About DF, depite they were only sponsoring PS5 and PS5 games this last month at least they are professionals.

Also the most ridiculous of all this is we are comparing intergenerational games with old engines and people is declaring a winner after a few weeks that this generation started

What you do here is not productive but destructive

Last edited:

Games Dean

Yeah I know of those tweets. They also mentioned Legend of Dragoon's character "Dart", but we all know a LOD remake is unlikely. I believe they used keywords from fans to throw them off.

It's all doubt until we get official announcement like always, but I of course would like to see remakes.
I have no idea whether or not the second remake is MGS, as you say time will tell. I just meant that it's clear they had two remakes in development from those tweets. One was Demon's Souls, the other is most likely one of the many games they teased in those tweets. Basically just clarification that the studio is big enough to do two games (with Sony's help).

Riky

$MSFT
PS5 in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being approximately 2432x1368.

Xbox Series X in Performance Mode uses a dynamic resolution with the highest native resolution found being 3840x2160 and the lowest native resolution found being 1920x1080.

Unsurprisingly you forgot to mention the frame rates and tearing, I wonder why🤔🤔🤣🤣

Last edited:

Rob_27

Why do we all have to laugh or hunt for some kind of evidence that one of the platforms is not behaving well.

It's draining the amount of people laughing and trying to gain points or acception within the group.

I just play where it's best and at the moment it's PS5 but when a game is better on Sx I will get it on that.

Unsurprisingly you forgot to mention the frame rates and tearing, I wonder why🤔🤔🤣🤣

Isn't there an easy fix for that though? John recommends not installing the patch because it makes the game worse on the PS5.

Riky Riky you can actually give me an intelligent answer by responding to my post instead of just giving me an LOL. I usually take LOLs and no answers as a sign that you don't have a good rebuttal.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Why do we all have to laugh or hunt for some kind of evidence that one of the platforms is not behaving well.

It's draining the amount of people laughing and trying to gain points or acception within the group.

I just play where it's best and at the moment it's PS5 but when a game is better on Sx I will get it on that.

MS are aware there's an issue ant is working with third parties to fix the issue, no idea of the time frame

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Gameplay wise yes, it looked like the original game, I think it'll be great if they can maintain that throughout. Also 120fps multiplayer will no doubt be amazing, I just hope there is a BR mode.
my only complain with it was the mild fps stutter and as for the brutes just put a helmet on their friggin head.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

They say that the SteelSeries Arctis 7P is on par with Pulse 3D. Actually Pulse 3D is pretty impressive. I didn't test PS Platinum which has 50mm drivers vs 40mm on Pulse 3D, but FrankWza FrankWza says Platinum is better. Is it as accurate in locality? Not sure, Pulse 3D is just an impressive headset for only $100. I have Astro A40 and Pulse 3D is just better on everything (clarity, bass, volume, locality) but A40 has bigger cups and would fit better for those with elephant ears.

Not sure if posted elsewhere, but according to GFK these are the sales in Spain (both consoles sold out everywhere super fast):
  • PSP 54200 units
  • Switch 44673
  • PS5 43000 (PS5 38000, PS5DE 5000)
  • PS4 38000
  • PS3 35000
  • XBO 15000
  • Wii 15000
  • 360 14900
  • X|S 14100 (XSX 10500, XSS 3600)
  • WiiU 9000
https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...rimera-semana-en-espana-xbox-series-xs-14000/
https://www.xataka.com/videojuegos/...a-con-casi-45-000-unidades-vendidas-segun-gfk

PS5 will massacre xbox in EU.

Like they always do.

Here at Finland series s is still available on the shelf on many stores. And PS5 sold out about 2000x faster than xsex + PS5 orders estimates go to 2-4/2021 to be fullfilled now

PS5 beats even switch easily, if being sold out on launch is The thing. As switch never did do that

Last edited:

huraga

Banned

Most people didn´t play the game and they think that X game is better in X platform only because some guys are making videos with comparisons where 99.9% of the quality of the game it´s the same.

Think that maybe you are only buying a game in for X console only because some guys are telling that X version is better in X console when maybe all that is saying by this people is not true.

Mr Moose

They say that the SteelSeries Arctis 7P is on par with Pulse 3D. Actually Pulse 3D is pretty impressive. I didn't test PS Platinum which has 50mm drivers vs 40mm on Pulse 3D, but FrankWza FrankWza says Platinum is better. Is it as accurate in locality? Not sure, Pulse 3D is just an impressive headset for only $100. I have Astro A40 and Pulse 3D is just better on everything (clarity, bass, volume, locality) but A40 has bigger cups and would fit better for those with elephant ears.

They didn't test HyperX Cloud IIs? Boo!

geordiemp

Its no an issue as I have not bought it yet, will do when they revert the last update and fix the bugs. Give it a few weeks I think..

Look forward to playing in minumum 1440p60 to 4k, looks like the best balance for this game on console, well ps5 anyway.

But I am in no hurrry, have to finish Ghosts of Tsushima and then Spiderman and then Miles Morales.....so

Think i will be stuck on Ghosts for a while, brilliiant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom