• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Again, the xsx is using higher quality settings. More NPCs, more traffic, better AO etc. Hell, the loading times are only 4 seconds vs 30 seconds on the ps5. It's not a good comparison.
During internal shootouts the npc count is moot tho. The PS5 framerate advantage is substantial even then. Open world crowd density decrease on PS5 seems to be unnecessary and just a no effort carry over due to last gen limitations.

Personally won’t bother with the game till proper next gen versions come around.

Last edited:

nekrik

PS5 hits low forties.

ziMeJ6M.jpg

RCvnRBO.jpg
Forget it dude Ps5 destroys XSX both in resolution and frame rate even in BC. We are all tired of your selective screenshots posting. Anyone could do that l. Just accept the worse performance of the XSX and go on.

oldergamer

Rubbish.

It's just a bug like many others in the game, I haven't had it at all and I've even ran the game from an external slow HDD and it doesn't happen then either, if it was anything to do with SSD speed then it would barely move on an external HDD.
The freeze bug i got 4 times over 12 hrs is now gone with the 104 patch.

oldergamer

Forget it dude Ps5 destroys XSX both in resolution and frame rate even in BC. We are all tired of your selective screenshots posting. Anyone could do that l. Just accept the worse performance of the XSX and go on.
That is incorrect after both xbox had the 104 patch. Xbox has the higher res, denser crowds and more car traffic.

Riky

$MSFT

NXgamer said the resolution is now higher on Xbox with actual crowds as well, patch 1.04 still shows no people on PS5.
9XJcf0p.jpg

Rea

Oh lord, ps5 is using ps4pro settings with unlock fram rates, even resolution is the same as ps4 pro which is dynamic Resolution but hit max res most of the time. There is no effort is given for ps5 from CDPR, load time also similar to BC games on PS5. But series X is treated very well from CDPR, maybe because of their marketing deal or whatever. CDPR has history of favoring Microsoft and PC, has history of witcher 3 on ps4 running worse than xbox one version, when launched, despite ps4 is significantly stronger than xbox one.

Have you all forgotten?

But I'm sure there will be patch for ps5 which will improve crowd settings and have Quality mode same as Series X. Let's wait for true next gen consoles version and see who's better.

THEAP99

Banned
In this video, you can clearly see what i mean when i say backwards compatible games without updates look worse than they did on the ps4 pro:

02808de2654ef3ba7b1f649c2b53024e.jpg

Jacir

Again, the xsx is using higher quality settings. More NPCs, more traffic, better AO etc. Hell, the loading times are only 4 seconds vs 30 seconds on the ps5. It's not a good comparison.
NXG states, around the end of the video(10:45), that he was running the PS4 version on an external HDD and Xbox version internally, which makes the loading time comparison a stupid one on his part. Plenty of comments for the video also in agreement.

demigod

Oh lord, ps5 is using ps4pro settings with unlock fram rates, even resolution is the same as ps4 pro which is dynamic Resolution but hit max res most of the time. There is no effort is given for ps5 from CDPR, load time also similar to BC games on PS5. But series X is treated very well from CDPR, maybe because of their marketing deal or whatever. CDPR has history of favoring Microsoft and PC, has history of witcher 3 on ps4 running worse than xbox one version, when launched, despite ps4 is significantly stronger than xbox one.

Have you all forgotten?

But I'm sure there will be patch for ps5 which will improve crowd settings and have Quality mode same as Series X. Let's wait for true next gen consoles version and see who's better.

Xbox fans also forgot that the ps4 pro came out 1 year before the one x, yet one x got witcher 3 update before the pro.

Just get your money back, then purchase it again much cheeper, with the next gen visual upgrades in Spring 2021 👍

Honestly it is quite baffling to me that a lot of us are focusing on PS5/4 or Xbox One/Series doing a better or worse job at running this fucking disgrace of a game considering the state it launched in, instead of giving CD Projekt the proper amount of shit for doing so. After all the delays, I decided I was going to wait for proper Next-gen release, and well, I was absolutely right to do so.

The thing is, imagine Ubisoft releasing a game on base PS4/Xbox One on that state, the amount of backlash they would have gotten. Yet, we're here splitting hairs over what console does a better job at running this trainwreck.

I mean, sure, CD Projekt's market value has plummeted quite a bit, but we, as a community, I feel that are failing to put the focus on who's really to blame for this shitty launch, and we're instead using it for our petty warring. Nothing new I suppose, but still, I don't get it.

sircaw

Banned
Honestly it is quite baffling to me that a lot of us are focusing on PS5/4 or Xbox One/Series doing a better or worse job at running this fucking disgrace of a game considering the state it launched in, instead of giving CD Projekt the proper amount of shit for doing so. After all the delays, I decided I was going to wait for proper Next-gen release, and well, I was absolutely right to do so.

The thing is, imagine Ubisoft releasing a game on base PS4/Xbox One on that state, the amount of backlash they would have gotten. Yet, we're here splitting hairs over what console does a better job at running this trainwreck.

I mean, sure, CD Projekt's market value has plummeted quite a bit, but we, as a community, I feel that are failing to put the focus on who's really to blame for this shitty launch, and we're instead using it for our petty warring. Nothing new I suppose, but still, I don't get it.

yep my thoughts exactly, there are no winners here, this is a total clusterfuck.

Have our standards dropped so low that we are fighting over this, i hate to say it trash.

At present these are a couple of Beta's in development, its not good enough.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Yeah I never quite got how ubisoft got so much hatred online, compared to thers that seem to do way worse.
I mean we always hear the critics that they always do the same formula yet for Call of duty and Fifa it's OK.
There's bug in their gigantic open worlds games and it is "ubishit", "classic shitty buggy games by ubi" but when it is CDPR they should've cancelled the xb1/ps4 games or it will get better.
Most people seem to deflect criticism toward CDPR faster than Riky misunderstand next gen games comparison.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I never quite got how ubisoft got so much hatred online, compared to thers that seem to do way worse.
I mean we always hear the critics that they always do the same formula yet for Call of duty and Fifa it's OK.
There's bug in their gigantic open worlds games and it is "ubishit", "classic shitty buggy games by ubi" but when it is CDPR they should've cancelled the xb1/ps4 games or it will get better.
Most people seem to deflect criticism toward CDPR faster than Riky misunderstand next gen games comparison.
I agree mostly, but as for why Ubisoft gets more heat from fans for their buggy games, I think it has to do with the frequency of the release titles, Ubisoft have multiple games and projects which they release every 1-2 years so there is more to criticise because the mind share is so present. However CDPR release every 4-5 years maybe even more and that's only for 1 title, so people tend to tolerate it a little more, that's just my theory. But I still find it annoying, like for fuck sake, these dudes had 4-5 years to work on the game and they still managed to fuck it up on release.

Played about 7h of CP2077 (on PC of course) and I can see why the initial reviews were mostly positive.
I tweaked around with the graphics settings, running around 40 fps stable at 1440p on a gtx 1080. Wasn't enjoying much the first couple of hours, but once you get to just run around and explore, it becomes really fun.
Trying not to touch much of the main path, want to take my time and enjoy the side missions. The environment is great, the sound is amazing makes me want to sit and chill at the clubs there. Wish you had a "walk" button though, feels like you're either light jogging or sprinting, which kind of kills the immersion for me.

It seems to take the best parts of Deus Ex with multiple paths and solution to every problem.

I think what's detracting the most of the enjoyment of this game is not having had the chance to find a goddamn new GPU. Both Nvidia and AMD shat the bed on their stock, especially if you're in Europe. Now I know how those unlucky bastards that didn't manage to get a PS5 yet feel :messenger_fearful:

Anyway, seeing how the game looks on last gen hardware is an embarrassment to CD Projekt. I can see why they felt the need to delay, but in all honesty they should have just cancelled last gen release. They tried to pull a gta5 and miserably failed. Only way this game should be run is in next gen and high end PC.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't understand how the PS4 and Xbox one versions of Cyberpunk got over the quality ground set by Sony and MS.
Because that's not what QA is doing, it only analysing state of the package from bureucratic standopoint and ensure, that the game is not doing anything which it shouldn't to the system. I don't think they play the game at all.

Shmunter

In this video, you can clearly see what i mean when i say backwards compatible games without updates look worse than they did on the ps4 pro:

02808de2654ef3ba7b1f649c2b53024e.jpg

???

The PS4 looks softer, as expected. PRO and PS5 look indistinguishable. Even in the screenshot you provided???

Neo Blaster

Applying CDPR status to Ubisoft:

images

Xbox fans: 'look how those floating eyeballs are shinier on Xbox, it's clearly the winner'.

PS fans: 'but the floating mouth is moving at locked 60fps and the floating hair has better resolution, PS has the lead'.

🤷

FranXico

This is excellent news, if it holds up. One of the reasons devs think they can get away with putting out broken games is the awful refunds policy we’re stuck with.
Next time, they'll just sign an exclusive with MS. They've never really cared about PS consoles. I still remember Witcher 3 running worse on PS4, and several patches that made it run even worse there, before the framerate got anywhere near decent.

FranXico

Anyway, seeing how the game looks on last gen hardware is an embarrassment to CD Projekt. I can see why they felt the need to delay, but in all honesty they should have just cancelled last gen release. They tried to pull a gta5 and miserably failed. Only way this game should be run is in next gen and high end PC.
Indeed, Netherrealm canceled the last gen Mortal Kombat X ports because they were not in an acceptable state. The world didn't end.

LucidFlux

Horizon was far better than BOTW. Nintendo won based on name and legacy alone. I almost didn’t bother finishing BOTW. It’s one of two games my wife started and didn’t finish.

That's funny because my wife and I went the opposite way, each with hundreds of hours in Botw but still haven't finished Horizon.

Almost as if it was just our personal opinions which one was better.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I agree mostly, but as for why Ubisoft gets more heat from fans for their buggy games, I think it has to do with the frequency of the release titles, Ubisoft have multiple games and projects which they release every 1-2 years so there is more to criticise because the mind share is so present. However CDPR release every 4-5 years maybe even more and that's only for 1 title, so people tend to tolerate it a little more, that's just my theory. But I still find it annoying, like for fuck sake, these dudes had 4-5 years to work on the game and they still managed to fuck it up on release.
I understand that mindshare is more present, but I find it even worse because Ubi had maximum 2 to 4 years for a game whereas cyberpunk has been announced in 2012.
I mean slightly buggy games every 1 or 2 years is still way better than one of the buggiest games I've ever seen that has been announced 8 years ago.
How is it excusable to have an 8 years in developpement perform this bad and with this much bugs?
Remember when Warner refunded Batman Arkham Knights for PC gamers?This is way worse and if it were an Ubi game they would have been gutted by everybody, look at what happened to acreed Unity ?
But for cdpr it's all apology it will get better, it is too ambitious for ps4/x1 etc....

I understand that mindshare is more present, but I find it even worse because Ubi had maximum 2 to 4 years for a game whereas cyberpunk has been announced in 2012.
I mean slightly buggy games every 1 or 2 years is still way better than one of the buggiest games I've ever seen that has been announced 8 years ago.
How is it excusable to have an 8 years in developpement perform this bad and with this much bugs?
Remember when Warner refunded Batman Arkham Knights for PC gamers?This is way worse and if it were an Ubi game they would have been gutted by everybody, look at what happened to acreed Unity ?
But for cdpr it's all apology it will get better, it is too ambitious for ps4/x1 etc....

The dick sucking for this company has always been absurd

I couldn't even play Witcher 3 until a couple months after launch because of the bugs and CTDs.

But hey. It's got good writing so all is forgiven

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I don’t see the point getting riled up about this? It’s a PS4 pro game running at 60fps.
Who is riled up?

There is no XSX or XSS versions. It's the Xbox one x and ps4 pro versions running in backwards compatibility
Sure. But if you watch the nx gamer and df coverage, you will notice that the Xbox versions got a bit more love. Not only do they have two graphics modes, they also have better quality graphics in each mode. even the load times are more optimised.

Typically, the base x1 version is what you get in the x1x version at a higher framerate. Then you get that x1x version at an even higher res on the xsx. It seems x1x is far better than the x1s version so clearly more work was put in to that.

Also, xsx is supposed to get the x1s versions in bc but again, that's not what's happening here.

yewles1

Indeed, Netherrealm canceled the last gen Mortal Kombat X ports because they were not in an acceptable state. The world didn't end.
That's half the story, the other half is High Voltage's terrible reputation with PS3 ports of practically anything. It would've been 240p at 10fps given their track record.

Tmack

CP2077 is a very ambitious game and get a free pass for a lot of the shit happening.

You can`t compare it with the millioneth version of assassins creed.

Tmack

Apparently the onslaught is on a global scale. 😱

Like i said before, MS not only (apparently) failed to deliver proper devs kits and proper exclusive games on time but also produce enough consoles on time.

MS could have easily sold at least double what they did (and still be behind the PS5 so it`s a fearsible production number) had they actually produced more consoles.... By now they would be eating away market from Sony by grabbing a LOT of sales from people who didn`t manage to grab a PS5.

This has turned into a Cyberpunk debate thread, lol.

My old friend got it for PS4(he has an OG) and says it runs quite a bit better since the 1.04 patch.

Lots of things still to come, but its crazy to me it got released in the state it did after so many delays.

I'll wait to pick it up when there is a true next-gen patch or upgrade available. I figure there will have been several sweeping patches before that to make it a better performing game.

On a random note, I'm thinking of returning to Final Fantasy XIV.

Has anyone scoped it on PS5? I know it's not fully optimized, but I've heard it runs very well? It ran great on my Pro when I used to play.

Sinthor

Gold Member
oh dont get me wrong. i dont think the xbox is in trouble or anything. i just found it bizarre that they couldnt outsell the x1 at launch.

someone in the other thread pointed out that they sold more worldwide. it seems they distributed their allocations more evenly this time around.
Yeah, I was responding to someone else, I think. But yeah you're right..you would think they would have outsold the X1. That's why I think it's possible the base shrunk due to this past generation. We'll see though. With all this going on, I think in 6 months to a year from release we'll probably be seeing how this thing will go as far as sales.

I think it's going to be a tough slog for Microsoft since they don't have the games out to help sell the system. They are obviously pushing and banking on gamepass anyway but they DO need strong sales of the S/X in order to recoup the monstrous R&D dollars they spent developing the hardware. Plus....cloud gaming just isn't that strong right now so they're counting on hardware and software sales to buoy them until as they hope, gamepass takes off and they start making crazy money from it. :)

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Like some of us said and continue to say...using CP2077 as some metric.....good luck.

Sony doing refunds for the game now, lol.

And the One S version is probably the worse...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom