• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
and that is the developers choice not the fault of the console.

are people really that desperate to fight for their side to start these extremely childish arguments

if you actually tell me with a straight face that a console that runs RDR2 at 4k can't market itself as a 4k capable system, then I really think there's something wrong with you... like there is no way anyone that isn't a fanboy trying to downplay the competition with bad faith arguments can say that and actually mean it.

and that's also why I always shake my head whenever resolution comes into the spotlight.
as soon as a system says it can do these set of resolutions people assume 100% of all games will run at that and if they don't then it's some sort of false advertising or misleading marketing.

no console is save from developers that simply don't give a shit or are incompetent in their field.
how else can you explain that God of War runs at half the framerate and worse graphics on PSvita compared to PS2?
how else can you explain a game like ReCore, that looks like a last gen port, barely holding 1440p30 on One X?

no system will ever be save from games that are not well optimised or from developers not giving a shit....

and sometimes it's just down to choices by the developers.
they could go for the higher resolution, easily even... but instead they choose to use higher settings and a higher quality AA solution, because in their opinion the end result looks better than going for the higher resolution.

so this whole "what resolution can the system run games in" argument is such a useless argument when we talk about completely different engines and developers using the exact same hardware.

we have games on original Xbox that ran at higher resolutions than many Xbox 360 games and we have PS4 games running at lower resolutions than some PS3 games.

sorry but I just had to vent for a moment because I really think this argument is beyond stupid and mostly brought up by fanboys to fanboy a bit...
Try going on Facebook sometime when a ps5 article drops. I have had to tell people 5 million times that not all games will be 60fps just because the power is increasing and that that's the developers and that there's a sliding scale of graphics and other factors vs framerate and most just say that's an excuse and that everything should be 60fps or 4k or both. People don't grasp (not people here but in general public) that resolution doesn't take into account a gazillion other aspects of what's being put on screen even after I point out that many PS3 games were 1080p when they remastered ps2 games

Elysiumcore

Neo Member
im waiting for this RDNA2 on consoles :D
U3Ar07B.png

coolmast3r

Yep, looks like this is it until Sony conference.

Edit: Also, the way Lisa ended her speech kinda implied we're not gonna see anything during Sony's conference?.. Since IMO it would be appropriate for her to say something along the lines of "our partners at Sony are going to talk about our partnership later today"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom