• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I value free speech pretty highly, just as much so with speech which I disagree with and I would defend that and those I disagree with.
When one opens an account on any forum, they agree to follow the rules established by that platform. The person in question did not follow the rules, especially when there were already other users who've been (temporarily) banned from this thread for similar behavior.

Look at that anger!! Truth hurts brother. See ya soon and try growing up yourself and maybe a tad less miserable in the process
projectors_clipart6.jpg

Koopatrol

This might be the chance to dismiss this guy as a source of anything once and for all:

Probably he is just reacting to the ZhugeEx tweet though.

I mean, the only reason people are giving this twitter user any time of day is because he "leaked" the image of the PS5 devkit. But if you just reverse image search what he posted, the image seems to have surfaced online on November 8th. Here are the results.

The day before the image surfaced, November 7th:
RfceyMm.png

As you can see, no other images are found. But then on November 8th:
6C4PJXP.png

He doesn't know anything, he just copies what others are saying.

Norse

There have been a few so called Xbox fans making accounts saying ps5 is stronger to get hopes up lol. A few in here.

Even XcloudTimdog XcloudTimdog tried it once for some weird reason
I lean Xbox but if ps5 ends up being the better I can live with that. Seems like all the "insiders" are of the opinion that the next gen systems are pretty close power wise so I'm just waiting for the official reveals so I can then weigh the pros n cons of each and go from there. As it sits right now, I don't feel either system will be so much better than the other to change current owners to switch over due to both having bc. Nobody will be willing to walk away from their current game library. IMO

I lean Xbox but if ps5 ends up being the better I can live with that. Seems like all the "insiders" are of the opinion that the next gen systems are pretty close power wise so I'm just waiting for the official reveals so I can then weigh the pros n cons of each and go from there. As it sits right now, I don't feel either system will be so much better than the other to change current owners to switch over due to both having bc. Nobody will be willing to walk away from their current game library. IMO

The ideal scenario for any MS or Sony fan is that the consoles are nearly identical in specs and price. This will ensure that both Sony and MS are at peak competitiveness and they'll need to work even harder to build momentum. In addition, there will be a clear benefit for games if the consoles are both similar on GPU, CPU, SSD etc.
All signs point to this being the case. However, there are plenty of hardcore fans that want MS/Sony to make a mistake. It's pretty shortsighted and petty.

Imtjnotu

I've dealt with it on the pro and was okay. Just not a fan of the headgames from fan Boys on here

Ruben43cb

Both systems are going to be awesome. Whatever you choose or both. Then early 2021 when 20Tflop+ from amd/nvidia PC will see some new headway which will be awesome sauce

LED Guy?

Banned
This might be the chance to dismiss this guy as a source of anything once and for all:

Probably he is just reacting to the ZhugeEx tweet though.

Well, I can guarantee you that something will happen in the next 2 weeks, like maybe an announcement of the PS5 reveal or maybe the reveal taking place in that time span, I can say that with confidence even though I'm not an insider, because it makes sense.

Well, I can guarantee you that something will happen in the next 2 weeks, like maybe an announcement of the PS5 reveal or maybe the reveal taking place in that time span, I can say that with confidence even though I'm not an insider, because it makes sense.

Unfortunately this is the issue. Drunkcat says two weeks, with no reference to whether it's a reveal, an invitation, a State of Play or something else entirely. It is very, very easy to claim that something PS5 related will happen in the next 2 weeks. So until he comes out and says we'll see X or Y, it feels like just another attention grab.

splattered

Man my phone's google home page is starting to irritate me... lots of fanboy clickbait articles for ps5 from sites like brg, t3, comicbook, and others... everytime there's a supposed leak some dipshit writes up a huge article claiming "this is what we've been waiting for!" Claiming Sony's next gen dominance ... I dont know about you but I'm waiting for straight up facts from both camps (and switch pro please?) not all this fanfiction garbage ugh

DaGwaphics

Project Mara looks awesome. It:s pretty much real life lol. Looks like it could be a spiritual successor to PT.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. With the tiny bit of information provided, one possibility might be that they go very cinematic (butterfly effect, choose your own adventure style). I like the idea of a realistically modeled small space, that should allow them to go with a more photo-realistic look without the install size getting too crazy.

saintjules

Heisenberg doesn't say much he just goes along with alot of other shit. Him. And like 12 other ppl have said something is happening soon.
Yeah, at this point, you just take everything yoy see as fun things to read. Schreier and ZhugeEX are the only two I've seen that mention something, then actually comes to fruition later on (most).

I'd almost want the PS5 Reveal to happen in March to debunk these rumors, pastebin posts, leakers, etc. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom