• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Moose

Can someone explain to me why people believe Sony will have some major PS5 showing in Feb??? GDC is in March why would they spend some ridiculous amount of money on 2 events? I could see some mini showing in Feb showing off what the console can do with GodFall but I think GDC is the real PS5 showing.
They are currently having a month long event of sorts, from what I read, 25 years of PlayStation thing, and PS4 was revealed (most specs) in Feb 2013. That's really all people have to go on, and Klee said something about Feb.

TLZ

Banned
jv90Put.gif
Thanks for the seizure :messenger_neutral:

Can someone explain to me why people believe Sony will have some major PS5 showing in Feb??? GDC is in March why would they spend some ridiculous amount of money on 2 events? I could see some mini showing in Feb showing off what the console can do with GodFall but I think GDC is the real PS5 showing.

thats why a ps5 focused state of play is a very feasable option.

nikolino840

Some journalists have some press days in feb. But they Say Is not ps5 related
But they don't tell all if they can't

RaySoft

Because i don’t give a shit what the company I’m with and the drunk cat picked them up. But what ever. If people still don’t wanna believe me it’s fine
How you really thought you could fool anyone with that photo is beyond me. Maybe you should mix some tonic in those gins.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Even just sending an image to a mod and having them say it's legit without ever showing it to us would be believable. Oh well.

Back to discussing next-gen consoles though, since Sony seems to be price conscious I wouldn't be surprised if they go the PS3 route again and offer 2 consoles at launch with the only difference being the amount of internal storage and price.

xool

Even just sending an image to a mod and having them say it's legit without ever showing it to us would be believable. Oh well.

Back to discussing next-gen consoles though, since Sony seems to be price conscious I wouldn't be surprised if they go the PS3 route again and offer 2 consoles at launch with the only difference being the amount of internal storage and price.

Think there was a french (or spanish ?) website publishing a leak saying the same .. low end one was 500GB, other 1TB .. only I believed it .. (also a "special edition" at launch, same price) 50 Euros difference .. no idea how to find it now.

[edit] here we go https://gamergen.com/actualites/rum...et-divers-coloris-lancement-europeen-308759-1

[edit2] - just noticed the special edition is the low end one - I don't believe that now ..

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Think there was a french (or spanish ?) website publishing a leak saying the same .. low end one was 500GB, other 1TB .. only I believed it .. (also a "special edition" at launch, same price) 50 Euros difference .. no idea how to find it now.
If there is a special edition at launch, I hope it's a special color like dark translucent blue or dark translucent black (I really doubt it though)

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Please don't dog-pile him/her, it's done with, we can move on to discussing other things.

Fast loading and being able to use the SSDs as memory/cache or whatever seems interesting.
And I am not sure if I was drunk (like I am now lol) and dreamed stuff but didn't Microsoft say the Series X could run up to 5 games in memory to fast-switch between them? A bit like the PS5 rumour?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I refuse to believe that there's people here are that desperate when the truth is clear. Then again, we get 2 or 3 new """leakers""" accounts each week and there's always someone taking the bait... 🙄

we are having fun its not like we are crying here ! .. we wanted to see that pic so we can laugh a bit and we did

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Do you know what, because Sony can’t be bothered to keep you lot updated on the PS5 i thought i would help you out but as you think I’m lying when I’m clearly not. I ain’t gonna post anymore. I chose to post here instead of resetera because i was told of the toxic behaviour on that site. I’ve got nothing to gain out of lying to you lot. Just find it weird when people make up shit. If you don’t believe me it’s fine. I’ll just post elsewhere
Bye Felicia.

Mr Moose

Do user manuals have pics of the devices? I don't think such a thing would exist this soon before production started.

That's interesting, that's USB-A and C, right? I mean USB-A to USB-C cables should be fine to charge controllers and stuff (not sure how fast it supports for external HDDs, too lazy to check), but it would be interesting if it had a USB-C port.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

[edit] here we go https://gamergen.com/actualites/rum...et-divers-coloris-lancement-europeen-308759-1

[edit2] - just noticed the special edition is the low end one - I don't believe that now ..

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me, not to validate a rumeur (he says in a terrible "franch" accent), but I could definitely see Sony pushing hard to keep the entry price-point as low as possible. A 50euro (or dollar) hike over the previous gen's launch price I suspect will go down a lot better than one for 100 with the mass-market.

Especially if the competition is coming in at 499.99 minimum.

Mr Moose

I am starting to think that could be legit, but I am not sure why they'd have manuals "printed" (digitally) so soon before final SKUs unless they are 100% sure what it will look like/feature port-wise.

Actually never mind, that really is USB-A to USB-C, there's a controller in the top right of the pic blurred out. It does seem legit in a way though.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I am starting to think that could be legit, but I am not sure why they'd have manuals "printed" (digitally) so soon before final SKUs unless they are 100% sure what it will look like/feature port-wise.

Might be the devkit manual that explains the features and specs they’re aiming for.

RaySoft

Doesn't this kinda look like the console in the PS5 boot video?
Same wide stripe all through the middle.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

With the USB-C port being on the controller in the pic (USB-A for the PS5), it makes me think it could be real, but again... It seems a bit early for that stuff.
Let's hope something is confirmed Soony™

(My phone has a USB-A to C fast charger, 28W, so it would make sense just for the controller charging. Maybe someday we'll get solid state batteries so we won't have to charge as often).

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Its fake. The guy had some fun with photoshop just to try and fool someone.

So did the guy with the video that came earlier today.

We are at a point where every single day there are new ps5 leaks and insiders. And some of you guys still believe it. Lmao
We're too damn hungry for new news lol.

Banned
Doesn't this kinda look like the console in the PS5 boot video?
Same wide stripe all through the middle.

yes but the controller looks wrong.
every shot and patent we saw of the new controller so far had the touchpad completely flat, even at the top. this one is literally just a Dualshock 4 with zero alteration.
we also usually saw a black bar going down from the home button where there should also be a small microphone hole and the handles have a slightly different shape to them.

this is why I call fake on this.,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom