• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Moose

yes but the controller looks wrong.
every shot and patent we saw of the new controller so far had the touchpad completely flat, even at the top. this one is literally just a Dualshock 4 with zero alteration.
we also usually saw a black bar going down from the home button and the handles have a slightly different shape to them.

this is why I call fake on this.,
PS4 DualShock 4 but... With USB-C! (I dunno).

44alltheway

Do you know what, because Sony can’t be bothered to keep you lot updated on the PS5 i thought i would help you out but as you think I’m lying when I’m clearly not. I ain’t gonna post anymore. I chose to post here instead of resetera because i was told of the toxic behaviour on that site. I’ve got nothing to gain out of lying to you lot. Just find it weird when people make up shit. If you don’t believe me it’s fine. I’ll just post elsewhere
Dude you’re full of shit lmao

Mr Moose

Dude you’re full of shit lmao
It doesn't matter, it's just fun to speculate about things. Sure his/her stuff wasn't real but still. We've got other things to chat about :D

Welp, that was an entertaining few pages worth. Any who, back to COD "Going Dark' Bitches :messenger_tears_of_joy::goog_horns:🎮
I hope you're not trying to unlock the crossbow on MW, it's dogshit :( I wish I didn't bother lol

Last edited:

Mr Moose

OsirisBlack OsirisBlack HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 you both are needed in our time of need. Pls give us hints before the reveal which should be coming out this week (hopefully!!!)
What hints do you need? Those two seem to be reliable, and have said everything that would need to be said IMO. Do you want hints for the date? Klee, who should be reliable (he gave his actual name) says sometime in February. We just need to chill.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

the line on the face of PS5 seems wider in reddit PS5 patent

That stuff is fake. If you look on the monitor it says all you need to know.
Someone has already probably gone into detail about it, but it's using a VM and it says on the screen at first that it's Orbis OS, which is PS4, It also says Intel and Quantum HDD (which I am not sure if is part of the VM, I have no idea what can be virtualized).

Last edited:

saintjules

Maybe this was talked about on here in some form, not sure. I was listening to the Spawn Wave Live Cast that's on YT tonight. 'Rand AL Thor 19' said he has heard that Sony has bought a number of 3rd Party exclusives that are secured as launch titles. He didn't go into saying what they were. He also believes that there won't be many 1st party titles at launch. Gran Turismo is his guess at that being one of the only few 1st party titles at launch.

Mr Moose

Maybe this was talked about on here in some form, not sure. I was listening to the Spawn Wave Live Cast that's on YT tonight. 'Rand AL Thor 19' said he has heard that Sony has bought a number of 3rd Party exclusives that are secured as launch titles. He didn't go into saying what they were. He also believes that there won't be many 1st party titles at launch. Gran Turismo is his guess at that being one of the only few 1st party titles at launch.
I believe he is speculating like we are. I do not think he has any official information. It's possible, maybe likely, but we just don't know. And not Remedy.

I personally think HZD2 and GT7 or whatever they call it will be launch titles. We know all first party devs have been working on next gen games for a while now.

Last edited:
I’m sure this has been brought up before, but could the 9TF info be coming from this first “Slower” Dev kit referred to in the first Wired PS5 article?

It would explain why there are so many different numbers circulating around.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Alleged PS5 front view.

FzFV0z2.jpg

Gudji

Fake as fuck.

Leaks design, something probably even Cerny haven't seen.

Says his studio received the devkit on September but can't say specs, sure thing bud. Lmao

Tiago07

If this is true, I am going to belive that we have different types of DevKits and they are different in power, that explain why Klee, Matt and Jason say one thing and the Heisenberg's font say another.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
If this is true, I am going to belive that we have different types of DevKits and they are different in power, that explain why Klee, Matt and Jason say one thing and the Heisenberg's font say another.
I have a theory that Sony and MS are setting devkits with different clocks to have confused leaks.

mhm, idk.

he says he is a designer and doesnt know much about code.
but he knows the tf ?

remain sceptical

but it would line up with heisenberg

Last edited:

McHuj

I have a theory that Sony and MS are setting devkits with different clocks to have confused leaks.

At this point that would really fuck with developers. Imagine designing something for 12 TF when it’s really 9 TF.

I think fake specs were possible last year, but this close to launch they’re not screwing around with deva any more.

I bet the real specs have been already posted many times.

Tiago07

Hmm this is the most possible idea I guess.

If you think about it, we're close to the reveal of PS5 (even Series X too) and we know absolutely nothing about the power, we only have a vague idea with Series X (the 12TF)

Tiago07

At this point that would really fuck with developers. Imagine designing something for 12 TF when it’s really 9 TF.

I think fake specs were possible last year, but this close to launch they’re not screwing around with deva any more.

in really this don't fuck the devs, because theirs DevKit is not final version of them, the final version will be send a bit time before the PS5's official sales.

ethomaz

Banned

Sony can release a final devkit firmware where all the clocks will be the same after the reveal.

Tiago07

^The only person to present clear cut evidence of knowledge on PS5 is implying it's 10TF, when Klee or Osiris present similar evidence, we can talk.
Right now, it's 10~tf, which isn't far from github and what VFXVeteran VFXVeteran implied
I think Klee doesn't need to put a similar evidence, he was verified by ZhugeEX and Hetch, and he was a journalist with proved contact in the industry. To be clear he is the most trustable insider we have. And the 10TF don't match with Jason affirmation and we don't have to talk about why he is trustable....

ethomaz

Banned
^The only person to present clear cut evidence of knowledge on PS5 is implying it's 10TF, when Klee or Osiris present similar evidence, we can talk.
Right now, it's 10~tf, which isn't far from github and what VFXVeteran VFXVeteran implied
GitHub leak can’t reach 10TF neiher with a miracle...

10, 11 or 12 TFs proves the Github leak is not related with PS5 or people misunderstood the data.

Last edited:

They should be referring to target specs, not devkit specs. Target specs are consistent from the start while the iterative devkits eventually meet or surpass them.

The reason why numbers are reported to be different by 'insiders' is due to the quality of sources. Klee is a former journalist since the 90's, Jason a current one, and Matt is a dev. Heisenberg is...well I'm not sure what he is but not everyone is going to have the same solid sources.

E.g., one person has second hand sources, the other has fourth hand sources, etc.

Soadi

Regarding the UI it could be real but I don't think it will be the final one since Cerny said that it's getting completely revamped.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

This is not clear cut evidence.

Menu's can be fake and It's very suspicious that his user name along with with a reddit logo is his profile picture. Not only that, the PlayStation button icons are directly over part of the IU, which could easily be taken from a google images.

Clear cut evidence would be showing him turning on the PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom