• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDamn

Kleegamefan's case shows just how dumb this "forum insider" thing is :

What he saw : A cross platform next gen game video (not sure if live gameplay)

What he tells about : Next gen specs

Rhetorical : Why not tell us about the game - you know - the only thing you actually have first hand info on ..

That's actually what he did. He saw a next gen game, got excited about the possibilities and posted about that. Then the thirsty questions started and despite trying to shift the conversation back to - they are both really close, the games are going to be great - he gets bombarded with requests to be specific, say which one has the edge, give us numbers!!!

SNPlayen

Sony didn't skip the whole 2019 events just for a SoP like video to reveal their biggest GUN.
State of Play is not even a good case to reveal generic games!
I know it’s not but after no event in so long I have no idea what they are doing, as others have mentioned could be prelude to some other event later, maybe after MS has already flopped their dick on the table.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Kleegamefan's case shows just how dumb this "forum insider" thing is :

What he saw : A cross platform next gen game video (not sure if live gameplay)

What he tells about : Next gen specs

Rhetorical : Why not tell us about the game - you know - the only thing you actually have first hand info on ..

According to him it was video footage on a USB stick of the PS5 version of the game that a dev friend showed him in a room at E3. My major issue with him is that if that dev is too afraid to be revealed, why should he have continued to give Klee additional information after Klee went to the public with that info? Including giving him complete specs for not one, but both next gen consoles. I can't wrap my head around any scenario where the dev would be so stupid. If you want to keep something private and then that person doesn't keep it private, why keep feeding them information but at the same time requiring them to not post that information?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
If they can position it to be priced in a sweet spot, and have the console essentially do everything the other ones can but just at 1080p resolution then sure.

But this is the same MS who just released the xbox one SAD. I mean, even without the utterly dreadful name, look how much the damn thing was... The only reason it sold as well as it did was because everybody was discounting it to get shot of the damn thing...

By now, the Xbox One S should have hit £99.99 and the Xbox One X should be £199.99 tops. Its crazy how much they are selling things for, especially the S. This gives me ZERO hope that if they do release Lockheart, it wont be priced at some utterly stupid thing. I could honestly see the next gen consoles hitting £499.99 and the lockeheart being £449.99 just because...
They are targeting 1440p with Lockhart, but I agree that pricing is key. If the XSX is $500, then Lockhart should be $300 max. but I'm not sure if that's realistic knowing it will be a 6-8 TF machine.

hemo memo

If nothing happens in February I request for a self ban

Doubters gonna doubt anyway.

HawarMiran

Banned
What speaks against a super-bowl ad by Sony? They save money by not attending E3. Can it actually happen? And later in february the event?

Neo Blaster

I realize they are doing that now. I expect PS5 Now to run on the same server blades they are using for xCloud.
Just like I said, they cannot emulate these consoles in general purpose servers, nor will use another console hardware. Sony will provide the blades, MS the data center infrastructure.

HawarMiran

Banned
Even fucking Stella Artois ad gets 50 mio views on the internet.

Most Viewed ad online: Stella Artois “Change Up the Usual” which had more than 48 million views across top video platforms and websites as of the Monday after the game

Wtf is Stella Artois. Never heard of it

Gediminas

Banned
If nothing happens in February I request for a self ban

Doubters gonna doubt anyway.
at this point in time, it would be set, if meeting is going to be or not. it is not easy to make a show and direct it. if you knew anything, you would say in advance, yet, your all "info" comes always after someone else.

self ban, what a statement, like you have something to lose. you are just another fraud.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Remembering Nintendo's initial Switch announcement and the fact that MS made their teaser announcement as part of a 2min infomercial at an awards show, I'd say Sony can do whatever they want whenever they want.

Sony has bucked alot of trends even selling games during months tht are usually not the norm and those ips sold ten million plus. Sony's kinds haré is crazy thy can do almost anything as long as it's not negative and as long as ppl get info it'll like the internet up.

Author

Neo Member
at this point in time, it would be set, if meeting is going to be or not. it is not easy to make a show and direct it. if you knew anything, you would say in advance, yet, your all "info" comes always after someone else.

self ban, what a statement, like you have something to lose. you are just another fraud.

If nothing happens in (insert most probable month of Playstation Meeting) I request for a self ban

Gamernyc78

Banned
Even fucking Stella Artois ad gets 50 mio views on the internet.

Most Viewed ad online: Stella Artois “Change Up the Usual” which had more than 48 million views across top video platforms and websites as of the Monday after the game

Wtf is Stella Artois. Never heard of it

Stella Artois is great tasting beer. I'm in NYC and we'll known restaurants sell tht beer. It's smooth.

BTW I don't even like beer I'm a cognac (henny), Whiskey, Brandy type person.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
One of the thoughts I was having was based on the idea that perhaps Sony really does not have enough PS5 / Next Gen game video content to fill the duration of an event or warrant the cost of one. If that were the case, a SoP direct might make more sense, as would a simple display with a few demos and videos at their current event as Heisenberg’s posts suggested could possibly be one possibility.

If you don’t want to talk specs and you have little to show, why would you do an event at this point in time. Wouldn’t make sense.

That said, I hope Tommy is right.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
One of the thoughts I was having was based on the idea that perhaps Sony really does not have enough PS5 / Next Gen game video content to fill the duration of an event or the cost of one. If that were the case, a SoP direct might make more sense, as would a simple display with a few demos and videos at their current event as Heisenberg’s posts suggested could possibly be one possibility.

If you don’t want to talk specs and you have little to show, why would you do an event at this point in time. Wouldn’t make sense.

That said, I hope Tommy is right.

Do you know how many times these companies have done E3's, events with regurgitated content and a little more and still were good? It's ridiculous to think thy don't have enough content. It's a next Gen reveal just giving us a few hard numbers or info and talking about it would make ppl jizz. Plus a hint to whatever games are coming.

Sony skipping E3's like ppl speculated before as well had nothing to do with content but strategy. The same here.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Do you know how many times these companies have done E3's, events with regurgitated content and a little more and still were good? It's ridiculous to think thy don't have enough content. It's a next Gen reveal just giving us a few hard numbers or info and talking about it would make ppl jizz. Plus a hint to whatever games are coming.

Sony skipping E3's like ppl speculated before as well had nothing to do with content but strategy. The same here.

You’re probably right.

Like what dude?
I was the only one who said PS5 is based on 7nm EUV
I was the first one who said PS5 will definitely be over 50 active CUs
I was the first one who said PS5's SSD is over twice as fast as SeriesX SSD
I was the only one who said about 'Project Infinity'
I was the only one who said BluePoint current project is something unexpected
etc

Man just because of saying PS5 is a little more powerful than its competitor, so many fanboys couldn't handle it :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Like what dude?
etc

Man just because of saying PS5 is a little more powerful than its competitor, so many fanboys coudn't handle it :messenger_grinning:

And hopefully all will be mended bcus I've been thinking you might be legit all this time.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Idk I don't really drink beer I just tried Artois a few times and thought it was smooth compared to others.

Lol let's get back on topic before pitchforks come out.

Sorry for the derailment guys.

EPS5AbGXkAAW6Yk

Last edited:

Reindeer

Like what dude?
etc

Man just because of saying PS5 is a little more powerful than its competitor, so many fanboys couldn't handle it :messenger_grinning:
I'm pretty sure most of those things were suggested well before you said anything, Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom