• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANIMAL1975

for fellow sony bros who hope for a great ps5, here is a recap of the reasons not to believe github:

my preferred theories as to why github isnt ps5 final form are 1 & 4.

But a 9-ish ps5 is totally possible because Sony is cheap as fuck and run by old conservative Japanese men. I try not to be too pessimistic in life, but yeah, I am not betting the farm on ps5 being competitive with xsx TF wise.

I love me a good mystery.
I like your n. 4 very much, full chip would be with a third 18CU disabled for BC tests.
And people will say: but how do you justify that Arden is there with all 56 CUs accounted for? Because Xbox BC has been done like that, emolation. No gimmicks with the hardware! It was Sony with ps4 Pro, that adopted the 'mimic ps4' hardware solution.
Well and what about the 'native' test with only the same 36 CUs? Could be a 'boost mode' _ the same CUs mimicked and only the clock bumped to 'native' specs,... or could be a typo like the Arden codename in BC1 lol

PVxU91a.jpg

Last edited:
It's only the most credible because people are ignoring everything else in favour of that.

because “everything else” that you sre referring to is pure heresy. Github is actual raw data from AMD. there is also heresy from “insiders” and journalists (of which you are basing your opinion on) that also match the github. Theres just also heresy that doesnt match github and thats what you are basing your opinion on

I worked for GameStop for 10 years. Those placeholders are just so. They have no real idea of the price for either one.

It's been a long time, but I remember titles showing up in the system prior to an event(E3, etc.).

Back then they were Available SKU, unless the title had been officially confirmed as having a next-gen version. Prices were always random like $99.99 or whatever. I wouldn't pay much heed to whatever price is listed.

XinTniX

Neo Member
Based on Phil Spencer statement and XSX SoC photo I dont take 10TF leaks seriously. 10TF Navi simply cant fit his description if we really want to take into account architecture gains because MS need at least 10TF Navi (25-30% boost compared to GCN Polaris) to match 2x xbox x 6TF, and 8TF at most to match 8x xbox one consoles (1.4TF GCN Tahiti is nearly 50% slower compared to Navi RDNA1). So either insiders have wrong informations, or simply Phil Spencer has lied to us. I think Phil Spencer is aware people have concluded 12TF Navi based on his statement and he even promote articles that mention 12TF. If XSX would be indeed 10TF or slower I think he would want to tone down expectations.

I think people are wasting time worrying about GPU power, even if we are talking about 9.5 or 10.5 Tflops GPUs, both systems will have a HUGE improvement on CPU, RAM, and Storage (2GBps minimum).
I can't imagine what Sucker Punch, Insomniac or Naughty Dog can do with a system like that, mainly if they do not wast most of the system power on this dumb native 4K racing, 1440p is just perfect.

Neo Blaster

for fellow sony bros who hope for a great ps5, here is a recap of the reasons not to believe github:

my preferred theories as to why github isnt ps5 final form are 1 & 4.

But a 9-ish ps5 is totally possible because Sony is cheap as fuck and run by old conservative Japanese men. I try not to be too pessimistic in life, but yeah, I am not betting the farm on ps5 being competitive with xsx TF wise.

I love me a good mystery.
Cheap as fuck? That would be Nintendo. Did you forget what Ken did to PS3? 'Gotta get two jobs'?

Smoke6

Something’s going down today

Besides all the naysayers and shit talkers need to calm down like for reals! Y’all bringing down the thread and as always gets disappointed!

If rumors are true about back compatible for Sony, GameStop has just been saved!

semicool

Banned
These are FACTS

Gamestop has a temp SKU number for the PS5 its listed in the system NOW at a retail of $499:99. Their is also a SKU for SeX which is LOWER than the PS5 by $50:00 don't know why don't ask its in their and they are both temps. I have also KNOW some stores have jumped the gun and taken advanced preorders at these prices. Their is also a SKU for RE8, GodFall, Assassins Creed, (does not say ragnarok or kingdom)
hell blade 2,2k21 and broken filter no idea what it is its listed under ps5 titles and not accessories.
Accessories are priced way the fuck too high but again everything in the system at the moment is temporary. PS5 controllers are listed at $69:99 (there is no way that's right) and SeX controllers are $10 less. Their is a PS5 camera listed but it's $129:99 I didn't see one for SeX.

This is what I was TOLD
This is from a multi platform developer,"Neither system is less than 10, Period!" how is that for no riddles.
You're getting your "insider" info from GameStop?!?!? To be blunt, I don't think they have real, or at least important insider info, like performance metrics etc...Release date and even prices eventually sure as mentioned in your post though tbd, but chip tech?....I don't think so.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Yeah, taking a break from this thread. It's obvious we're not getting anything new until official reveals, so ...

P.S Scarlett looked like a real domme in this new ffvii trailer. Red xiii also awesome. Stopped watching it near the middle however, too many cutscene spoilers ...

juaco1993

Neo Member
You're getting your "insider" info from GameStop?!?!? To be blunt, I don't think they have real, or at least important insider info, like performance metrics etc...Release date and even prices eventually sure as mentioned in your post though tbd, but chip tech?....I don't think so.
Dude, he literally says that he ALSO has a multiplatform developer source who has confirmed neither system is below 10TF. Please read more extensively.

DJ12

because “everything else” that you sre referring to is pure heresy. Github is actual raw data from AMD. there is also heresy from “insiders” and journalists (of which you are basing your opinion on) that also match the github. Theres just also heresy that doesnt match github and thats what you are basing your opinion on
And some tests, with no context are much better than comments attributed to developers actually working on the hardware?

OK, good luck with that.

juaco1993

Neo Member
Is he legit leaker ?
I don't know, but he has answered a lot of VERY specific questions. Link to the reddit post:

Reddit Post Q&A Square Enix

Edit: going to paste the response for those who are on mobile
juaco1993
Do you know anything from next gen consoles (PS5, XseX) you can comment on? Like which one runs your games better, new things that can be done that where not possible before, etc?

O006
PS5 runs better only because of the gpu but graphics wise both console are the same no noticeable difference. Xbox Series X has great airflow so it over heats less than the PS5.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Having seen the recent post from reddit on r/GamingLeaksAndRumours I asked something about PS5 and XseX.

Response from a supposed square enix leaker

And the plot thickens 👀🤔 Consistent with most leaks from certified industry ppl in the past.

"There's going to be alot of slowing singing and flower bringing if [the ps5 stats starts ringing [true] what you think all the guns [gpu] is for, all purpose war got the Rottweilers [fast SSD ram] by the door.....

😂 😂 😂 😂 Let me stop. Good morning everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom