• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I remember someone arguing here that next gen consoles gonna be way more expensive to build because Xbox One launched at 499 two years ago, lol. Anything beyond 500 loses mass market appeal. Sony should just go for 449 and if their console only costs 450 to build, the loss will be minimal and it the cheaper price (assuming Series X is 500) will be appealing to many and might sway some undecided casuals.
Agreed. This interpretation is what I was trying to say earlier but I like your analysis better than what I wrote. 👍

hemo memo

Gold Member
2 things I’m taking from this article...

1, I call bullshit and is a tactic to force MS‘s and at a full on reveal

2. I read the article and they mentioned multiple chips to be cooled with their expensive cooling system!

So that means a dual chip configuration and a price point of $499

day fucking 1!!!!

This is Bloomberg. Not your typical video game “journalist” or a pastebin from reddit or a GAF insider.

Perrott

Gold Member
Many of the games launched for the PlayStation 5 will also be available to play on the predecessor machine, so revenue from software and related network services is expected to keep the business performance intact.”

Bloomberg
"Scarce components have pushed the manufacturing costs for Sony Corp.'s next PlayStation to around $450 per unit."

So the 9TF rumors are true after all... what a disappointment. I was expecting a $599 console sold at a $100 loss for $499.

Last edited:
You said you would last time when you were creating drama in here, yet you didn’t.

Hold your word this time.
You are the one that i sent the info too? Why did you accept it? You keep single handily pointing me out when orisis black tommy fisher run wild , several times??? So when im right i shouldnt point it out? The posts are public. Im talking to tyler from now on and take it from there.

Last edited:

Smoke6

This is Bloomberg. Not your typical video game “journalist” or a pastebin from reddit or a GAF insider.

That’s why I posted what I did! I think it’s more important that it came from Bloomberg and NOT a gaming journalist.

Articles es like this would have slipped thru the cracks for a while if it wasn’t for the thirst for news right now!

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Really now??? Wow

This is the ONLY interaction you and I have ever had. I was letting EviLore EviLore handle yours.

uiBYLf3.jpg

UovdNzl.jpg

And EviLore EviLore just said you never contacted him.

Really now??? Wow. I have the screenshots fam
Look Tim, this isn’t sports. Other insiders Aren’t stating how glad they are one box is over the other. Just speak for your team and get off of trying to belittle everyone else’s choice of console. Osiris andTommy aren’t bragging - just speculating. Everything you are is Xbox. Some of us just like games. Go open up an Xbox forum only. Like I said this isn’t sports. You don’t come to a neutral sports bar and gloat about one team. Your name even has Xbox in it. It’s alll that you are. If you are in a gaming forum be more. Brag about MS but don’t mention Sony because "you can’t handle yourself". I want both boxes and am tired of your 9.2 obsession. Obsess over the 12 and keep it moving, it’s getting real old.

Sinthor

Gold Member
How does that happen?? 12> 9

Welp, I expect a huge price difference then. If that's the case and MS puts out a $599 or higher box, they will just guarantee that once again they lose out in sales like they did in this current gen. That philosophy would surprise me. I don't see a reason for them to want to lose money and more marketshare? But we'll see. At this stage, anything is still possible as nothing is known for certain.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
I sent to them to Tyler.

Just “now” now, or when you said you would on Dec 17th?

So if you sent to him, then check your tone towards me. I don’t have access to his DMs, and vetting is not shared between us other than (yes they work in the industry, or sources seem legit).

To protect people’s anonymity and sources.

He claims he has not received anything prior to this conversation, so back off on your overzealous projection and assumptions.

Just “now” now, or when you said you would on Dec 17th?

So if you sent to him, then check your tone towards me. I don’t have access to his DMs, and vetting is not shared between us other than (yes they work in the industry, or sources seem legit).

To protect people’s anonymity and sources.

He claims he has not received anything prior to this conversation, so back off on your overzealous projection and assumptions.
You said i never send anything to you. I have you asking me for the info . Want me to dm you with it. I will let Tyler handle it.

So you basically called mod of war a liar and now you don’t have any screenshot to prove it, wow.
Exactly, it’s getting so old. He is always passive aggressive and only come in here to talk about what is more "only". Not sometimes. Like all the time. He needs to go rethink his life and go work for MS. I’m not riding for any company that hard. I only ride for my personal life and people I love like that. These are -products for Christ sake.

Koopatrol

Look Tim, this isn’t sports. Other insiders Aren’t stating how glad they are one box is over the other. Just speak for your team and get off of trying to belittle everyone else’s choice of console. Osiris andTommy aren’t bragging - just speculating. Everything you are is Xbox. Some of us just like games. Go open up an Xbox forum only. Like I said this isn’t sports. You don’t come to a neutral sports bar and gloat about one team. Your name even has Xbox in it. It’s alll that you are. If you are in a gaming forum be more. Brag about MS but don’t mention Sony because "you can’t handle yourself". I want both boxes and am tired of your 9.2 obsession. Obsess over the 12 and keep it moving, it’s getting real old.

Exactly. If someone takes preference in PS, Xbox, Nintendo, PC, etc. that's perfectly fine. But no need to act like your choice of preference is your identity and superior to everyone else's.

Like just enjoy what you like and let other people enjoy what they like, man. These are video games, they should be fun.

Gamernyc78

Banned

This dude was backing Mistermediax bs lies back in the days. Tht should tell you all you need to know about the schilling he does and how he doesn't know shit.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Exactly, it’s getting so old. He is always passive aggressive and only come in here to talk about what is more "only". Not sometimes. Like all the time. He needs to go rethink his life and go work for MS. I’m not riding for any company that hard. I only ride for my personal life and people I love like that. These are -products for Christ sake.

He did this this gen along with Mistermediax x and ended up looking like an ass. Some ppl don't learn.

Like being afraid to show anything other than a logo. Sorry your math dont add up. Its also not 2013 anymore
Sony didn’t show anything about ps4 despite many misinformation about ps4 prior to reveal from ram to gpu to drm. They kept everything to themselves until it was time to show .That’s how they roll

by lack of confidence I meant the sentence “our most powerful console “

Last edited:
Mod of War Mod of War if he continues on this derailing path wouldn’t you agree that he really needs to be removed from this thread ? I know it’s tricky and he will cry with victim card but can’t you see how derailing he is to this thread ?

I vote we keep TimDog in the thread. If only because he has now completely committed to being Team Github, and I want to see his response when it turns out to be much, much closer than 12 vs 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom