• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratchet looks great but why is that the only substantial gameplay we've seen of nextgen?

Not even third parties have gameplay out there. We only just got a quickcut COD trailer, but the publishers are still failing to sell nextgen. Times running out fools.

Oh well at least we got Halo: Craig Evolved.

PS5 solution is more hardware based with some Software to back it. As Xbox Series X is more 50% Hardware and 50% software based. To put it in layman terms. This approach has given Sony’s PS5 Solution and early leg up in development. But There has been some small problem developing for PS5 to on a small scale for some studios and devs. That is where some of the Rumors came from. I can go in detail on that if you would like. Mind you what I hear is second hand and whispers in the wind.

Sure you can share it with me via a PM if you want. I'm not the type to post PMs all over Twitter or anything.

Sure you can share it with me via a PM if you want. I'm not the type to post PMs all over Twitter or anything.
This I believe is where the Dusk Guys info came from. But I never heard any studios name, game engine or game project be named specifically. This second hand and whispers mind you!

I have heard rumors and whispers some games running 4K and with ray tracing on the PS5. Devs Debug Kits was struggling to maintain 10.2TF. That some games was dipping into 9.5Tf to 9.8Tf area. This info was from around may when whispers of this was leaking out. Got louder at the beginning of June. It was so bad for some game studios. Dev Kits and Debug kits was crashing and over heating. So devs had to drop games down to 1080P and 1400p to work on them. Sony was notified and Sony Ninjas was supposed to be help fixing those issues and replacing and updating Dev Kits and Debug Consoles. As Devs where still working on engines for PS5 features. This wasn’t an issue with all studios. Some studios and Game Engines.

This I believe is where the Dusk Guys info came from. But I never heard any studios name, game engine or game project be named specifically. This second hand and whispers mind you!

I have heard rumors and whispers some games running 4K and with ray tracing on the PS5. Devs Debug Kits was struggling to maintain 10.2TF. That some games was dipping into 9.5Tf to 9.8Tf area. This info was from around may when whispers of this was leaking out. Got louder at the beginning of June. It was so bad for some game studios. Dev Kits and Debug kits was crashing and over heating. So devs had to drop games down to 1080P and 1400p to work on them. Sony was notified and Sony Ninjas was supposed to be help fixing those issues and replacing and updating Dev Kits and Debug Consoles. As Devs where still working on engines for PS5 features. This wasn’t an issue with all studios. Some studios and Game Engines.

The newer V shaped developer kits or the older silver tower ones?

I don’t have that info or the complete details to answer that question with. Sorry. Wish I had the details you seek.

There were rumors that there were dev kits that had overheating issues. But apparently they sent out new ones that didn't have those issues. I remember OsirisBlack OsirisBlack mentioned it plus some other insiders as well.

I haven't heard about any issues with the retail console though.

Last edited:

Alex Scott

PS5 solution is more hardware based with some Software to back it. As Xbox Series X is more 50% Hardware and 50% software based. To put it in layman terms. This approach has given Sony’s PS5 Solution and early leg up in development. But There has been some small problem developing for PS5 to on a small scale for some studios and devs. That is where some of the Rumors came from. I can go in detail on that if you would like. Mind you what I hear is second hand and whispers in the wind.
Please do.

Gediminas

Banned

more :poop: i see. everytime.

says some x :poop: and finish with y excuse.🤡

p.s. I have heard rumors and whispers about it. believe me :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Games Dean

7wvKBOS.jpg

iamvin22

Industry Verified

LOL you do realize that Dusk Golem admitted to making up all the shit about the Ps5 right?

LOL you do realize that Dusk Golem admitted to making up all the shit about the Ps5 right?
You do realize there was some issues on a very small scale. Like I said in the post I was never given a name of a studio or game project. Just told it was an issue. What caused the issues idk. In truth could have been layers of issue from faulty debug console to bad game engine code. This stuff happens. Nobody’s fault. Now I don’t believe the customers will have issues with retail units. I also believe those games will have those issues fixed by launch if not already fixed.

Nickolaidas

Banned
It wasn't two seconds it was much longer and they didn't hand control back to Ratchet until he landed on the ship at the very end of the sequence and started firing at the enemies.
Of course Ratchet loads what-you-see and not an entire world. The ps5's whole shtick is erasing its whole gpu memory in 1.5 seconds and reloading it in another 1.5. So that it can use its horsepower on what's in the immediate vicinity of the player and not on what's two miles across Ratchet.

Were you paying attention to Cerny when he was explaining it to you or you were too busy crying yourself to sleep due to Microsoft's gross incompetence?

And knock it off with your 'I love Ratchet' crap. You're not fooling anyone.

Great Hair

Banned
Devs Debug Kits was struggling to maintain 10.2TF.
some games was dipping into 9.5Tf to 9.8Tf area.
It was so bad
some game studios. Dev Kits and Debug kits was crashing and over heating.
o devs had to drop games down to 1080P and 1400p to work on them
Sony was notified and Sony Ninjas was supposed to be help fixing those issues and replacing

Some studios had issues, some studios had no issues. IF the debug kits were faulty, Sony would have replaced them all (every studio, and not just <some>). I call major bullshit on everything you said. We have seen over 20? games running on PS5s (June 2020), but you claim ... many studios had issues.

Got louder at the beginning of June.

Some studios had issues, some studios had no issues. IF the debug kits were faulty, Sony would have replaced them all (every studio, and not just <some>). I call major bullshit on everything you said. We have seen over 20? games running on PS5s (June 2020), but you claim ... many studios had issues.

Never said it was a large scale issue. It was small scale. Also do you believe you have seen every PS5 game over the next launch year? If you do I have some ocean front property in Arizona I will sale you cheap.

Great Hair

Banned
Also do you believe you have seen every PS5 game over the next launch year?

Have you?

Studios working on titles meant for 2021, 2022 ... would most likely already use the final revision model of Sony´s PS5 devkits. Dont you think?

And if that´s the case, wouldn't Sony give every studio the same, up2date kits? Why would some be debugging on an older revision. Based on your passive-aggressive attitude, i´m even more suspicious.

over 20x PS5 games shown, running natively
No games shown running on XSX ... 90 days before launch, but SOME (plural) studios had to drop to 1080p, because the devkit can´t run at 10.2TF...

Sorry, but that reads like FUD to me.

Last edited:
Have you?

Studios working on titles meant for 2021, 2022 ... would most likely already use the final revision model of Sony´s PS5 devkits. Dont you think?

And if that´s the case, wouldn't Sony give every studio the same, up2date kits? Why would some be debugging on an older revision. Based on your passive-aggressive attitude, i´m even more suspicious.

over 20x PS5 games shown, running natively
No games shown running on XSX ... 90 days before launch, but SOME (plural) studios had to drop to 1080p, because the devkit can´t run at 10.2TF...

Sorry, but that reads like FUD to me.

I don’t spread fud. I don’t have a horse in this console race. Because I will buy both of them. I buy every console. I just past what I hear. And you do know I have very good track record on this forum.
KQYekVM.jpg

Thread worthy. Xbox is not supported in my country as well. Some people don't know that. Pro consumer my ass.

Maybe too much 1 Euro/month GamePass abusers in Croatia? :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

I’m sorry Xbox isn’t supported in your country. It’s odd I been hearing a lot lately. I wonder why? Do you feel you missed out on any games? PlayStation is the world leader in’s sales and games. So I feel your in good hands.

Nickolaidas

Banned
I don’t spread fud. I don’t have a horse in this console race. Because I will buy both of them. I buy every console. I just past what I hear. And you do know I have very good track record on this forum.
KQYekVM.jpg
Don't know anything about a track record, but I do remember something something pedicure or something?

.... right, YOU'RE THE PEDICURE GUY!!!

How you've been?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I’m sorry Xbox isn’t supported in your country. It’s odd I been hearing a lot lately. I wonder why? Do you feel you missed out on any games? PlayStation is the world leader in’s sales and games. So I feel your in good hands.

We have xbox and discs as well, you can buy all their crap. Xbox doesn't have anything worth mentioning besides Forza Horizon. Few months ago X one X was priced lower than PS4 Slim and Switch mini and no one cared. PS4 Pro is being sold now at launch 2016 price at $470 (181 OMR) and go out of stock in some places even this late.

ethomaz

Banned
Through PC, I think, or US gift cards. You can't used your credit card. No local digital store. Xbox is simply irrelevant here.
But if you buy via US gifts you are changing your account country saying you are a US citizen.

So what he did is a workaround and not an official way.

He can blame MS for not support their services in his country but he can’t blame MS for his Gamepass being useless now (he took the risk with the workaround... he paid for a service not suportes in his country).

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
But if you buy via US gifts you are changing your account country saying you are a US citizen.

So what he did is a workaround and not an official way.

He can blame MS for not support their services in his country but he can’t blame MS for his Gamepass being useless now (he took the risk with the workaround... he paid for a service not suportes in his country).

My PSN is US, just for banned games/content. Omani store is pretty good though. I think I can use PS Now as well on my US account.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Good! Got my new pool installed, and a pedicure or two...lol.

How are you?

Sony 1st party and Ubisoft provide full Arabic translation or at least text (HUD, Menu, subtitles). Fortnite is fully free on PS4 (full Arabic text) without PS+, this is something insanely critical along with other free to play games. the new COD is free online gaming on PS4/5 up to 20 players mode, PS+ needed for 24 players mode.

FIFA/PES are fully Arabic as well. Most people here don't speak/understand English properly. I think COD and other few major games have Arabic texts as well.

Last edited:

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Incredible Ratchet & Clank gameplay demo reveals PS5’s SSD difference

But the full-blown execution of what "only on PlayStation 5" can look like finally crystallized for the first time on Thursday. It came in the form of six uninterrupted minutes of live gameplay from Insomniac Games' Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, which will debut on the PS5 during the console's "launch window," we learned today.

Sony couldn't have rolled out a better, more convincing sense of what top-to-bottom next-gen gaming architecture can deliver than this shiny, explosive, SSD-powered sequence—and so far, it's more stunning than anything we've seen from Xbox Series X-exclusive fare.

😏

Last edited:

Serviam

Most gamers doesn’t buy both consoles.
It is probably less than 20% of the PS4/XB1 userbase.

Now if the dude believes only these that buy both are real gamers lol

I’m buying both. People warring over their favourite plastic boxes, while fun to read, are far too attached. Just be happy to be alive and being able to play all awesome shit getting released.

Gamepass is awesome for me and my wife. Since we got our second kid we haven’t had time to play all the games we want. Getting many of them “free”, since I converted my 3 years gold to gpu for $1, is great value to us.

If Series S is cheap we will get one for the second tv.

PS5 will still be my main console due to all exclusives and probably the DualSense. Also can’t wait for PSVR2!

On a side note, damn I hope PSVR1 games get better iq and frame rates on the PS5. And Sony... ffs release proper VR controllers already.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

But is the gamepass model able to have a Ratchet and Clank wow moment, Parris? Can it support it? Or was that never the goal?

good to see this. We need more of this from industry journalists. Microsoft is about to launch a console with no first party exclusives, and won't have any next gen first party games on their next gen console for three years. This is simply unacceptable.

Entroyp

Incredible Ratchet & Clankgameplay demo reveals PS5’s SSD difference

😏

This was a good read. I was amazed when I saw how fast the game can load a completely new section of a level in just a couple of seconds. Next gen indeed. Can’t wait to see how this revolutionizes game design.

I dare not go into the comments section though.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No he did not. You need better reading comprehension.
I find these funny comments coming from these accounts.

EgddiVwXgAIaZOP

EgddiovWoAEJ-c2

EgddjTbX0AADNcz
where is flight simulator on Xbox series x? That is by far the most impressive next gen game and it's by Microsoft and for some reason it's not on Microsoft's new console which was literally announced two years ago.

They still have three months left. This shouldn't be that hard. The thing is basically a pc. Just post it and have it bee available for launch. I hear random people talking about the game. It's huge. It will be bigger on consoles. Especially at launch..What is Microsoft doing????

Neo Blaster

I’m starting to believe Xbox Series X is not a functional machine yet.

Neither a Xbox One game running into it via BC was showed.
Weren't Gears 5, Minecraft and State of Decay 2 shown running on it? Or was that PC too?

Probably the hardware is finalized and working but the software not.
They believe they will fix until the launch.
The DevKit software is probably not finalized too... that is why devs can’t show games running even on DevKits.

Only guesses.

But I remember similar situation with Xbox One... big day one patch to make the machine functional.

Hardware is finalized and working, it must be in production right now or there wouldn't be enough time till launch in November. What I think is creepy is that if no software were running on the devkit yet, how can you say it will run properly on final hardware? What if there's a hardware flaw preventing games to run AFTER PRODUCTION STARTED?

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

Man... curiosity got the best of me and I poked around that twitter... holy shit that’s some toxic fanboy stuff everywhere you look

On a side note, having 0 gameplay series x shown yet that close to the release is indeed worrying

I was pleasantly surprised by how fast Ratchet & Clank went from ‘’looks alright, will need to see more’’ to ‘’holy shit I gotta play this!’’ for me
Looks like a fun, chaotic time, and rifting ‘verses looks super fun
Aside from the insanely fast loading, what most impressed me was the sheer number of particles and NPCs on screen, sometimes even being so much it was distracting. And I keep upping the quality, I went from live feed to 4k Youtube video and can't wait to watch the uncompressed video from MEGA someone posted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom