• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Just admit it. That volcano game is what got your juices flowing.
no shame here.

rOIRbHw.jpg

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
PS5’s digital event generated more video views than PlayStation’s last E3 and PS4’s reveal

As of Monday, PS5 reveal event videos have amassed more than 80 million combined views, which is double PS4’s first E3 (about 40m) and significantly higher than PS4’s own reveal event (around 53m) or PlayStation’s most recent E3 showing in 2018 (55m).

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
ID@Xbox Sending “Tons More” Xbox Series X Devkits to Devs This Summer; “Full Steam Ahead on Next-Gen”

Today, during the Guerrilla Collective show, ID@Xbox director Chris Charla provided some insight about Microsoft’s plans for indie developers and the next generation.

We hear from Charla that Xbox Series X devkits have already been sent to indie developers and and “tons more” are going to be sent this summer.

He also added that ID@Xbox is “full steam ahead on next-gen.”

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Ratchet & Clank PS5 Features Raytraced Reflections; Footage Was Captured in Real Time on the Console

Insomniac confirmed that the nifty reflections seen in the trailer are indeed achieved through raytracing. Last but not least, the developers said that this new installment is a 'full-length Ratchet & Clank game built from the ground up for the PS5 console'.

Neo Blaster

ID@Xbox Sending “Tons More” Xbox Series X Devkits to Devs This Summer; “Full Steam Ahead on Next-Gen”

Today, during the Guerrilla Collective show, ID@Xbox director Chris Charla provided some insight about Microsoft’s plans for indie developers and the next generation.

We hear from Charla that Xbox Series X devkits have already been sent to indie developers and and “tons more” are going to be sent this summer.

He also added that ID@Xbox is “full steam ahead on next-gen.”

Nah, I'm already fed up by the ton of indies Sony showed, can't take anymore.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
PS5’s digital event generated more video views than PlayStation’s last E3 and PS4’s reveal

As of Monday, PS5 reveal event videos have amassed more than 80 million combined views, which is double PS4’s first E3 (about 40m) and significantly higher than PS4’s own reveal event (around 53m) or PlayStation’s most recent E3 showing in 2018 (55m).

So much FUD spreading over the past year about the PS5 from pathetic fanboys.

A commendable effort by Microsoft to market the hell out of Series X and overshadow the PS5.

Yet the brand of the Playstation cannot be tarnished or overshadowed. It’s just too big now and rightfully so, Sony have done a great job in gaining the trust of their fans.

THE HYPE IS IN FULL FORCE AND CANNOT BE STOPPED!

(Cheez I’m geeking out😅)

SSfox

Some people are so jaded, wow lmao!!!

Or maybe still don't realize how outstanding Horizon 2 is looking

* Looks incredible and even more in 4K
* It's not just beautiful, but also rich, variety of environments is just insane, desert, snow, forests, underwaters, and more
* Early Gen game.

And there's without the doubt much much more about the game, i personally suspect we will be able to hack flying and swimming robots to use them as conveyance.

Also PS: fun fact, no game will ever show you everything with its first video, even tho imo the game is already impressive with this first video shown

Last edited:
I didn't know Sony had contracts with flex, that's new.

Manufacturing contracts aren't measured in fairness, regardless. If one company arranges for greater production capacity than the other, they will have more units to sell. Many things play into it, which system went into production first, how much previous gen production is being maintained, etc.
Sony actually manufactures their console both in-house and through contracts at Foxconn.

icerock

If GG and insomniacs can't produce mind blowing graphics i don't think nd and ssm can do either.

GG was easily Sony's best tech studio this gen.

With all due respect to Insomniac and Guerrilla, Naughty Dog and Santa Monica are a cut above them. Guerrillas' Killzone looked brilliant at launch, but was later toppled by Uncharted 4 and Order 1886 (SSM assisted development). Same with Horizon: Zero Dawn, it was toppled by God of War and now TLOU II.

Games get better and prettier with time, it happens on every gen. I genuinely don't get so many concerns about visuals, they are leaving a lot of power on the table by pushing Native 4K and RT. That can be harnessed later on. Not to mention the tools generally get better over time as they learn more about the machines.

Yep. The numbers for this event are insane.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

* It's not just beautiful, but also rich, variety of environments is just insane, desert, snow, forests, underwaters, and more
* Early Gen game.

And there's without the doubt much much more about the game, i personally suspect we will be able to hack flying and swimming robots to use them as conveyance.

Also PS: fun fact, no game will ever show you everything with its first video, even tho imo the game is already impressive with this first video shown

Yeah, totally. That 1080p stream really did a great disservice to the game and to many others that were shown. Rewatching the trailer in 4K on Youtube is a must, you'll see a huge difference, the visuals are significantly better, the colours pop so much more, the resolution is sharp and the game is fluid. This is only a in-engine cinamatic trailer. I cannot wait to see how the gameplay and mechanics will look like.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier

* Early Gen game.

some people see HFW mind blowing and some not .. it’s all about opinions and you must know that your fingers aren’t the same

HZD was the most beautiful game I played in this gen and I got the platinum too .. and I can’t wait to try the FW sequel but I can’t see it as mind blowing .. never reached that level for me

Gamernyc78

Banned
To me HZD was mind blowing my favorite and best open world game of this generation and I beat botw and played RDR2 but dropped it out of boredom after a few days. Horizon Zero Dawn is the game I used the capture/share button the most. Gorgeous game with great iq. No other game besides Lost Legacy did tht for me.

Last edited:

Brudda26

[QUOTE = "Gediminas, post: 258739986, membro: 741018"]
[MÍDIA = youtube] oLte5f34ya8 [/ MÍDIA]

[MEDIA = reddit] PS5 / comentários / h9j96m [/ MEDIA]
[/ CITAR]

wMW2d0q.jpg

GIF1AHP.jpg
Kind of obvious it would be big jump over considering GT sport is already better than it in the graphics department

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Some of the screens are really pretty. For me the screen of the entire showcase was the pic of Aloy underwater, it exhibits so many things, the fauna, the machines, the animations and most impressive of them all her eyes, it's conveying emotions. Absolutely stunning.

I was one of the few who came away from the showcase little under-whelmed (graphically). But, when I watched the DF video and learned that all but two games were running at native 4K with many using RT, my hype went through the roof. These are first batch of games on the new machine, once the devs scale the resolution back and deploy reconstruction techniques, or use an alternative in GI instead of RT, or simply tune their engine to make more efficient use of hardware, the games will look even better. The thing which assures me the most is the UE5 demo, the thing ran in real-time on a PS5 so we know the machine is capable of handling that level of fidelity. It's up to the devs to push it. Many of them are only scratching the surface in regards to potential of the machine. Some eyeball melting visuals await us in few years time!

Indeed, man. My goal with all those screens is that I found that some are still using 1080p. Personally, I've been gaming on 4K tv since 2015, and even 1080p looked massively better on 4K TV due to the pixel density.

Screenshots are easily seen and zoomed in by any screen/device, and I really hope more jump into 4K tv's going forward, and I've seen plenty of cheap ass 4K tv's running even base PS4 and the visuals are pretty much a welcome even without 4K content.

I was shockingly happy after watching the event, and more so after watching the 4K trailers right after the event ended. Seen many complaining here, genuinely complaining not trolling. So those screenshots are 100% representative of what you'll see in the console, and they're pretty close to the compressed 4K quality on youtube. And these are the early games on the console with plenty of engines aren't updated to take full advantage of the hardware!

Play Has No Limits. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom