• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaGwaphics

The Xbox launch is going to be a little soft, everybody knew that.

MS got caught without enough first-party studios and the result of that is a drought in Software. People want a good demonstration of what the new consoles are about and they haven't gotten that yet from MS. The good thing is that MS is making the moves they need to make going forward. With the time development takes now, you have to figure that each studio might only bring 1 game per generation, with the occasional one bringing two. MS just didn't have enough, and the acquisitions started too late for this console launch. It is what it is. MS should have put an emphasis on having 20 or 30 studios in-house years ago, better late than never.

Bryank75

Banned
in norway, PS5 was sold out very fast with bigger price(5899, 5999kr). i preordered 3 of them, i hope i will get at least 1 of them on 19.11.

xbox now sitting with preorders open and even price is smaller - 5499kr. so they have very little stock and still can't sell.
That is good. As long as PlayStation make consoles and expand exclusives and differentiate themselves from PC, that will be good for me.
MS can have streaming and subscriptions.

I doubt Sony could compete with MS on that front. Capcom or Square are fucking huge, this is not about buying a single studio. I actually think Sony should capitalize on buying more IPs and studios instead of entire companies.

That's basically what they're going to get if they buy them

The studios, the IPs, the workforce and the tech.

Fuck em if they're just going to go down the timed exclusivity route though. It looked aggressive now it just looks pathetic.

Also Isn't there some government regulation that'd give them the advantage over Microsoft?

Last edited:

Oligarch097

Neo Member
People that say Sony must react are just thinking from fanboys perspective. These companies do things according to their strategies and act as they see fit. All I know is that PS5 first year is stacked with games that I have no time to whine about what other console manufacturers are doing.

Damn that Demon's souls look good!

saintjules

How many in stock?

So I just realized that stores posted numbers

OdikYuz.jpg

Great Hair

Banned
Today I am depressed to see that my games of Spiderman on PS4 will not be able to take advantage of them on PS5, I hope the same will not happen with Tsushima or TLOU2, because otherwise, seriously, in my opinion, and looking at the latest events (Bethesda, IG, prices of games and accessories, reservations, etc.), if we did not take into consideration the chip "Cell" (present in PS5 too in some way) and the difficulty of development that it entailed, we could say that it seems that Sony is returning to the time of PS3.

If PS5 fails I will begin to think that the Cell is the Phill Garrison of microprocessors. Wherever it goes, it fails.

Last edited:

BGs

Industry Professional
Spider-Man remaster is a brand new release. Thus the cross saves doesn't work. Ghost of Tsushima PS4 on PS5 will be your regular BC experience. Not sure why the sudden fud from you good sir!
I'm not saying that it will happen, because it will not happen, but if they told me that I cannot take advantage of my SavedData from Tsushima on PS5, I would panic.

giphy.gif

It is a funny comment, do not look for any confirmation or seriousness. What's more, don't take some of my comments too seriously as the language difference is a problem for me.

Last edited:
So, basically what PlayStation gamers are now looking at is Starfield, Elder Scrolls, and Fallout all being timed exclusives for Xbox and PC, for about 12 months?

Could be a bunch of factors. If those were negotiated with PS before acquisition. We'll see them. But assume them gone. Those 3 games are replaceable in PS eco system. Easily. Was we checking for them this gen? But we are suppose to clamour for them next gen lol. With what hype and quality assurance.? Whatever happens ,happens. prepare to miss them or just buy xbox and don't miss out.

I get what you are saying but just want to point out id is a huge get for MS. Doom was an awesome game and the id devs are engine wizards. Overall, this does not move the needle for me on XSX in the near-term but will definitely re-evaluate once their first-party games start coming out

I see compromises in xbox future. But I hope they deliver what you want.

You could repeat this a million times and they would still not truly understand this. MS will NEVER outsell Sony worldwide.

Crazy facts.

PS5 will destroy Xbox in games and sales for the first 24 months.
But what will happen in 2023 when Sony has two games coming out that year and MS has five or six?

lol now we are back to wait till E3 shit. You should be thinking if Sony are releasing HZD & GOW this early. What else they got in the bag. Its a long gen ahead. Sony are precision shooters.When it comes to game road maps Sony know how to do it best. Look at launch line up being simple proof. Let alone closing of this gen.

They cant avoid the head to head. Xbox can put out 5-6 games & Spiderman 2 alone would still outsell all of them. And still get the notoriety. Xbox games & Bethesda are not PS studio level. Nothing is going to change with gamepass model xbox games are always going to be.....

Didn't notice you had cleared that up in a followup post until i found the actual response a few pages after. I apologise.

sircaw

Banned
I'm speechless at these allocation numbers. There was so much noise on how PS5 Digital Edition had short supply but it turns out even the PS5 Digital Edition has more launch allocation than Xbox Series X in a lot of stores.

Eif42tcVkAEY1Ki

Seriously, how is it possible to have such little stock, this must be so frustrating for people who take the time to turn up.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
i think its pretty understandable as low spec console is not something day 1 enthusiasts are looking for, some might buy as secondary but thats it

or it becomes a total failure and devs will have to customize their game for a device barely anyone uses lol

It's probably also going to be used in xCloud as I doubt MS is going to outfit the entirety of their cloud with XSX APUs when plenty will be rendering at 1080p anyways.

(but I don't think xCloud is going to take off either, so I agree XSS is a huge risk of a flop that has to be supported just cuz)

I'm speechless at these allocation numbers. There was so much noise on how PS5 Digital Edition had short supply but it turns out even the PS5 Digital Edition has more launch allocation than Xbox Series X in a lot of stores.

Eif42tcVkAEY1Ki

Correct me if im wrong these allocation number are not xbox choice. I thought it was the store that decides how many they want based on their sales records.

EXAMPLE = If store X has sold 10 xboxes in year. Why would they require 50 just to have 40 unsold stock they have to pay for??

I thought that's how stores worked buy what sells Or am i off?

sircaw

Banned
And they are still easy to get.... I just checked Game UK. I could get an X no problem. On launch!!!! Ha

yer, well on that story, i don't think its a good buy to get an xbox on launch, ps5 is surely the way to go, in 2-3 years once the xbox exclusives finally kick in i could see there being a huge uptick in console sales for their system but for now, at launch, ps5 is superior in almost every way games related.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Correct me if im wrong these allocation number are not xbox choice. I thought it was the store that decides how many they want based on their sales records.

EXAMPLE = If store X has sold 10 xboxes in year. Why would they require 50 just to have 40 unsold stock they have to pay for??

Stock allocations are dictated by head office, but that will come from if there is bad/low stock, so head office has to take what the supplier gives them and someone splits it out.

In the best situation, the supplier has tons of stock and every store's pre-order amount is fulfilled in full whatever they want.

Stores will of course order more stock because there are walk in sales, and it takes time to restock. Console preorders are no different than potato chips. Stores will stock lots so when people come in and buy there's already more stock on the shelf or in the back room a stockboy has to get.

The worst situation is stock runs out and new deliveries don't come for 2 weeks.

Tripolygon

Banned

Not at the launch of a highly anticipated console. Typically stores will take as many as they can get their hands on because these things tend to sell out. I don't think Microsoft expects to sell less than they can produce. They are supply constraint. Demand will not be an issue for the first 6 months.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom