• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

I don't agree with that you have to model much less cars.
Yes that is true.
And yes you can do much more detail per car that way.
But to me it is still a seperation you make.
This thread is about the graphics and nothing else but the graphics.
They are mostly different games.
So GTS cannot be discarded because it has less cars.
The same that the GTS boys cannot say, oh but we have a simulator (which is a big stretch).
The goal is simple.
The graphics.
Just show gameplay pictures or if you want photomode pictures (the last one doesn't represent the game, so therefore I don't like it. And you have to state that they are enhanced that way).
For the rest you must know nothing about the game.
It's not a separation you should make because one is properly depicting the game while the other is manipulating the rendering and presenting a falsity. It's game versus bullshot.

Last edited:

mango drank

I know it's been mentioned before, but every time I see this damn thread title:

5VxJmku.jpg

It's there I believe...

44181263774_c34ff19c3b_o.gif

I probably spent a solid hour in FH3 with the drone before I remembered there was still a game to get to. I did the same thing with the FH4 demo and will when it launches. There are so many spots where you have to take a second look.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I probably spent a solid hour in FH3 with the drone before I remembered there was still a game to get to. I did the same thing with the FH4 demo and will when it launches. There are so many spots where you have to take a second look.

yeah I agree on that, there is just so much quality to see and driving past at over 100mph you don't notice it. with drone mode its a nice way to have a proper look around

Gingen

Banned
Again, fooling yourself with the scape photo's. Post some real in game car model photos of that TTS instead of posting just one from the interior and all the others from scape mode. The interior is mostly 2d during gameplay and everything els is lower quality.
43981605245_aea00ae649_o.png

44173844964_90cc3a8962_o.png

44173856334_582bdb03d7_o.png

Now look at FH4 in game model
43082252730_640a314ae1_o.png

43082265180_d146590945_o.png

43981677205_3ebf5492bb_o.png

Oh and, if you call my shots cherrypicked post some real gameplay photos from the outside view of this car where you can see the interior clearly. you can do it on any track with any lighting as long as the interior and the seats are visible, im waiting :).

As usual, cherry picking GTS picks VS PC max settings FH4 pics..... go home troll

The cars modeled in Forza 5 and beyond are not taken from Xbox 360, just as the graphics engine isn't, just as the physics engine isn't...

a clear example of car copy pasted from xbox 360 (there are a lot of cars like this in the game)

02y9fca.jpg

04m4fze.jpg

the same car in GTS...
03vresb.jpg

05u8ef9.jpg

i prefer less cars but with this quality

Last edited by a moderator:

LostDonkey

Neogaf, where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail.

Yet even when presented with facts, from the developers themselves no less, that FH uses the exact same underlying physics engine than that of its Motorsports brethren you continue to argue against it.

Can you please stop shitting up this thread more than it already is with this insistance on denying factual evidence.

Thanks.

OT: That timelapse gif looks absoluteluly incredible. Cannot wait until friday.

Hage Kamo

05u8ef9.jpg

In fact
                                               ↓
0OdOnx6.png
iRdQxpf.png
kWfOSDp.png
t6INT53.png

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
05u8ef9.jpg

in reality
                                  ↓
0OdOnx6.png
iRdQxpf.png
kWfOSDp.png
t6INT53.png

In reality what? is the same car from a more distant view (on PS4 standard and the usual cherry picking images)....

you are really desperate

BigLee74

Again, fooling yourself with the scape photo's. Post some real in game car model photos of that TTS instead of posting just one from the interior and all the others from scape mode. The interior is mostly 2d during gameplay and everything els is lower quality.
43981605245_aea00ae649_o.png

The interior dials/vents appear to have melted in the hot evening sun. :D They look like fried eggs!

Last edited:

Hage Kamo

In reality what? is the same car from a more distand view (on PS4 standard and the usual cherry picking images)....

you are really desperate
I do not want you to be desperate desiring to use MR2 images of the standard XBOX version FM 6

Last edited:
Driver86 is trolling/triggering you guys. He knows that the scapes model is not the same as the gameplay model. Everyone who plays GT Sport (and has eyes) can see that.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
This guy :messenger_tears_of_joy: calls me troll post Forza 6 photos and compares them against scape photos ahaha. I hope he is ok after the Forza Horizon 4 reviews :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Gingen

Banned
This guy :messenger_tears_of_joy: calls me troll post Forza 6 photos and compares them against scape photos ahaha. I hope he is ok after the Forza Horizon 4 reviews :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So you can post the marvelous MR2 of FH4 and shut me up right?.... oh no! you can't because in FH4 there aren't toyota street cars :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Turk1993

So you can post the marvelous MR2 of FH4 and shut me up right?.... oh no! you can't because in FH4 there aren't toyota street cars :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
Can you post me the other 600 cars that GTS doesn't have compared to Forza 7 :messenger_tears_of_joy:, you see this is a battle you can't win. You are just a trolly salty fanboy who can't accept the facts that GTS isn't as good looking as Forza. But keep posting scape photo's, you are brainwashed to believe that thats the in game model. Also im waiting on your Audi TTS gameplay shots from the exterior view with visible interior, i think its no problem for you to post it since the in game model is the same as scape mode right :messenger_winking:.

Turk1993

Wow, trying to start a list war in 2018 lol.
Haha the funny thing is he compares the car list of Forza 7 (750+ cars) and Forza Horzion (460+ cars) with the outdated list of GTS (246 where 50 fake VGT and race cars) :messenger_tears_of_joy:. It shows how hopeless he is, he doesn't want to compare the graphics anymore.

Gingen

Banned
You know @Driver86 has given up, when the only straw he has left is the absence of a car. It was about time he admitted defeat to be honest.

A car? lol.... every single car looks better in GTS.... but in this thread all the forza fanboys avoid every single comparison with the GTS cars at full LOD, and only accept comparisons between cherry pichying GTS images and FM/FH pics exclusively from 2000$ pc. This is the real give up :messenger_tears_of_joy:

A car? lol.... every single car looks better in GTS.... but in this thread all the forza fanboys avoid every single comparison with the GTS cars at full LOD, and only accept comparisons between cherry pichying GTS images and FM/FH pics exclusively from 2000$ pc. This is the real give up :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You're being ridiculous, you're not posting any car examples from in game, you're using scapes which have higher detail/poly swapped models with what appears to be insane levels of AA or supersampling applied. None of that is indicative of what is seen in game. Not the polycount on car models, not the level of reflection details, not the quality of materials, not the level of anti-aliasing etc.

It's literally user created bullshots that you're trying to pass off as in game indicative, it's absurd.

Last edited:
For those interested. FH4 review by GTplanet talks a bit about the game's physics. https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-horizon-4-review-the-king-comes-home/

Horizon 4
feels great to drive. As ever with the Forza games, its easy to get comfortable with a pad, the Xbox controller’s rumbly triggers making it a cinch to measure out throttle and brake applications. On the CSL, there’s little feedback during oversteer moments, though it’s a much different story for overland runs. Get off the road and you’ll need to keep a firm hand on the rim.
For the first time in a Horizon title, Playground is modeling not only surface temps but also their conductivity. This gives the tires vastly different characters across the seasons, and even subtle changes from day to night. It’s just enough for sim racers to pick up on, but faint enough to not scare away folks that don’t look up spring rates in their spare time.
Helping matters are additional tire compounds. The most notable is a new vintage race car tire. It offers more grip than the stock rubber on most muscle cars, but eschews the zero-tread, low-sidewall approach of the modern race tire. Sure, you won’t be able to match the outright grip levels of the new stuff either, but now you can build a period-correct racer instead of a resto-mod.
Four seasons plus variable weather means players will encounter all manner of surfaces. This is where FH4 makes the biggest jump over its predecessor. Australia’s topography allowed the less imaginative amongst us to simply load up a hypercar with as much turbo power as it could make, point it in roughly the same direction as our target, and bury the throttle. Hey, we did it too.
No longer. Deep mud in the autumn has our Senna struggling to hit double digits up a small hill. Fling it across a field and you may as well start a countdown for when it’s inevitably facing the wrong way.
It’s not itching to be an Assetto Corsa competitor, but those that dismiss FH4 as a simple point-and-shoot arcade racer do so at their own loss. It takes skill to be truly fast in this game, with a depth to the physics engine that’s in a whole other zip code to The Crew or Need for Speed.
We’re glad to report that those seeking on-road thrills should find this map more enjoyable than the last too. The E3 demo may have initially (and understandably) caused some concern for overly-wide roads. They do exist, though they’re largely the main arteries in the Horizon’s Britain. Head off the A-roads and there are some satisfying twisties to master.

Last edited:

Full LOD is not available in gameplay for GTS. Are you really saying that all GTS gameplay shots are cherry picked to make the game look bad? That’s how you actually play the game...

You appear to be almost entirely on your own here. Most GT fans are reasonable enough to admit Scape is not indicative of in-game visuals.

BTW, why not compare a $2000 PC? Do you not consider it to be a viable gaming platform?

You appear to be almost entirely on your own here. Most GT fans are reasonable enough to admit Scape is not indicative of in-game visuals.

BTW, why not compare a $2000 PC? Do you not consider it to be a viable gaming platform?
I've already posted stuff from Xbox One X and he ignores it, he keeps defaulting to the PC narrative because he thinks it's an out.

I've already posted stuff from Xbox One X and he ignores it, he keeps defaulting to the PC narrative because he thinks it's an out.
Well that doesn't make sense, this thread is for showing off the best visuals in a current racing game isn't it? Why are PC versions of FH4 and PCars2 being discriminated against? :messenger_angry: (I'm not actually outraged btw)
When they figure out the world's fastest car they don't remove Koenigsegg and Bugatti because they cost more than a Ford Festiva so why would we have a "graphics face-off" thread and remove the platform with the most potential?

I get the whole debate against posting post-processed photomode, or Scape shots as they are literally not part of the actual game. I could easily load up one of the many extremely detailed car mods available on PC and a very good ENB and produce shots that would make the Scape shots look like trash, and how would that be any different from what Scape is doing? I think sticking to non-modded gameplay modes is probably a fair compromise.

Well that doesn't make sense, this thread is for showing off the best visuals in a current racing game isn't it? Why are PC versions of FH4 and PCars2 being discriminated against? :messenger_angry: (I'm not actually outraged btw)
When they figure out the world's fastest car they don't remove Koenigsegg and Bugatti because they cost more than a Ford Festiva so why would we have a "graphics face-off" thread and remove the platform with the most potential?

I get the whole debate against posting post-processed photomode, or Scape shots as they are literally not part of the actual game. I could easily load up one of the many extremely detailed car mods available on PC and a very good ENB and produce shots that would make the Scape shots look like trash, and how would that be any different from what Scape is doing? I think sticking to non-modded gameplay modes is probably a fair compromise.
My logic on it anyway and I agree with his to a degree; is that while the premise of this thread is about the best looking game it seems to devalue the comparison when you're removing the console element which is the best form of comparison for another consoles game. Forza has always been an Xbox game, GT has always been a PlayStation game, introducing the PC removes the core of the debate and we all know it's centralized around these consoles. Regardless of how much people aim to be objective the foreground for all of this is Xbox versus PlayStation, it's fanboy shit and that's half the fun of it.

So with that in mind I personally believe for comparison sake it should remain that. People can show off their PC stuff all they want and show these games in top form, but I just don't see it as a valid form of comparison for console centralized games. In either instance he still loses the debate with GT against Forza Horizon 4 whether on an Xbox One X or PC, but it should at least remain comparable, closed system vs. closed system.

Last edited:
My logic on it anyway and I agree with his to a degree; is that while the premise of this thread is about the best looking game it seems to devalue the comparison when you're removing the console element which is the best form of comparison for another consoles game. Forza has always been an Xbox game, GT has always been a PlayStation game, introducing the PC removes the core of the debate and we all know it's centralized around these consoles. Regardless of how much people aim to be objective the foreground for all of this is Xbox versus PlayStation, it's fanboy shit and that's half the fun of it.

So with that in mind I personally believe for comparison sake it should remain that. People can show off their PC stuff all they want and show these games in top form, but I just don't see it as a valid form of comparison for console centralized games. In either instance he still loses the debate with GT against Forza Horizon 4 whether on an Xbox One X or PC, but it should at least remain comparable, closed system vs. closed system.

You make a fair point. Seemingly a rare thing in console war threads. I remember when I was an NES kid and my friend at school had a Megadrive. It was years of headbutting good times. I'll keep the PC shots to the PC screenshot thread.

You make a fair point. Seemingly a rare thing in console war threads. I remember when I was an NES kid and my friend at school had a Megadrive. It was years of headbutting good times. I'll keep the PC shots to the PC screenshot thread.
Nah, this thread is for anything so post em if you want to. But I'd say if you're engaged in an argument for a console game it'd be best to use the best the opposing system can offer because it's the only thing that objectively counters the opposing party.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

While i agree with you to a point it isnt console next gen racing graphics thread, i own an xbox x and am happy to see PC shot of the forza games in here. Not to piss on GTS but to see what the games look like scaled up on pc

Top Bottom