• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Ah yes the famous lets make shit up in our models as we go along Forza, so great.
It's like they've never seen that building in their lives
le-raidillon.jpg
The same thing is done in GTS, there's entire sections which are forested on Brands Hatch where in real life there's no trees there whatsoever.

Not the greatest point, they both have omissions or artistic changes.

Last edited:

Three

The same thing is done in GTS, there's entire sections which are forested on Brands Hatch where in real life there's no trees there whatsoever.

Not the greatest point, they both have omissions or artistic changes.

I'm not talking about some distant detail or something that may have changed since the track capture. I'm talking about buildings and details that have been there for decades. I'm talking about right next to the track, not including the railings and putting generic reused tyre barriers is one thing that Forza does if you look at the image, but modelling something that's there and just making shit up is another.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games

I'm not talking about some distant detail or something that may have changed since the track capture. I'm talking about buildings and details that have been there for decades. I'm talking about right next to the track, not including the railings and putting generic reused tyre barriers is one thing that Forza does if you look at the image, but modelling something that's there and just making shit up is another.
yeah it really shows how gamey / cartooney the lighting is on that video.
You need to tone that red down

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Let me "guess" that is Forza 7 on PC?
Please can you post Xbox One X pics instead if you want to put side a side with GTS.
No, this is not a console comparison thread and i don't have a Xbox One X, only base Xbox One and PS4 Pro alone side my pc.
Ah yes the famous lets make shit up in our models as we go along Forza, so great.
It's like they've never seen that building in their lives
le-raidillon.jpg
Yeah but you completely ignore everything else in that scene, look at the trees, the polygons in the environment and the quality of the textures of the enivronment. Also don't forget that Forza's version is from 2014, that building and place changes overtime quite alot. Also whats wrong with the model? are you talking about 3 extra windows they add?

ethomaz

Banned
No, this is not a console comparison thread and i don't have a Xbox One X, only base Xbox One and PS4 Pro alone side my pc.

Yeah but you completely ignore everything else in that scene, look at the trees, the polygons in the environment and the quality of the textures of the enivronment. Also don't forget that Forza's version is from 2014, that building and place changes overtime quite alot. Also whats wrong with the model? are you talking about 3 extra windows they add?
There is nothing to discuss I guess... Forza on PC has better aliasing, sharper image, better draw distance, etc since you have brute Force to enable everything.

The model lacks the front balcony and it is flat... there is no depth between the doors and windows to start.

Last edited:

Three

The place hasn't changed much in years and that building has been there for decades. The trees there are thin and you can see the sky at that angle and close up (in forza there is a cardboard tree barrier all along) . Not 100% accurate in GTS either in tree placement/density but still its amazing your looking for details like that when the building that has been there for decades is so wrong and the trackside tyre barriers right next to you are some generic reused ones and missing fencing that are nothing like the real thing.
f1-belgian-gp-2014-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-f14-t.jpg

Last edited:
There is nothing to discuss I guess... Forza on PC has better aliasing, sharper image, better draw distance, etc since you have brute Force to enable everything.

The model lacks the front balcony and it is flat... there is no depth between the doors and windows to start.
No it doesn't and isn't...

This is the problem with not owning these games, you think you know what you're looking at but you really don't because you're entirely reliant on what other people post and only have knowledge of that perspective.

49007938958_25ab012afe_o.png

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

This is the problem with not owning these games, you think you know what you're looking at but you really don't because you're entirely reliant on what other people post and only have knowledge of that perspective.

So what is wrong with a game that can't show the proper object in the same perspective.

BTW this is the real one.

ogp.jpg

Turk1993

The place hasn't changed much in years and that building has been there for decades. The trees there are thin and you can see the sky at that angle and close up (in forza there is a cardboard tree barrier all along) . Not 100% accurate in GTS either in tree placement/density but still its amazing your looking for details like that when the building that has been there for decades is so wrong and the trackside tyre barriers right next to you are some generic reused ones and missing fencing that are nothing like the real thing.
f1-belgian-gp-2014-kimi-raikkonen-ferrari-f14-t.jpg
Its been almost 6 years in Forza now, and they scanned it like 6 months before so its a long time. Look here
bap_visite.jpg

The tire wall looks the same like Forza, its from 2015 so back then it was like that it is not just generic like you said. And the trees in GTS are too thin, its closer in Forza. And here you can see that in 2014 that there where no fences there just like in Forza so Forza is actually quite accurate.
spa-2014-08-02-17-08-32.jpg

You guys really do get hung up on some of the dumbest shit.

Goddamnit soulja, on yo feet..don't give up, you're our last hope. Show these fools the business 🤭🙊..

on the real tho, the extent and lengths these cats go and gather their entire day's hard work, collecting,building and preparing all that nerd material...watching from sidelines its incredible to witness 🤣😂..it really is..Sony broskis holding hands and eachother pockets in this thread that's a facts tho 🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Three

Its been almost 6 years in Forza now, and they scanned it like 6 months before so its a long time. Look here
bap_visite.jpg

The tire wall looks the same like Forza, its from 2015 so back then it was like that it is not just generic like you said. And the trees in GTS are too thin, its closer in Forza. And here you can see that in 2014 that there where no fences there just like in Forza so Forza is actually quite accurate.
spa-2014-08-02-17-08-32.jpg

You think that tyre wall in those pics looks anything like your forza tyrewall? The tyrewall has always been continues in real life.

Your Forza tyrewall
49005888768_e37d060213_o.png

Honestly stop suggesting that is was in any way accurate at some point. Your picture doesn't match at all and can you at least say the building is just completely wrong? Windows on the side where there shouldn't be and they even removed an entire floor for windows and mixed up their heights.

Goddamnit soulja, on yo feet..don't give up, you're our last hope. Show these fools the business 🤭🙊..

on the real tho, the extent and lengths these cats go and gather their entire day's hard work, collecting,building and preparing all that nerd material...watching from sidelines its incredible to witness 🤣😂..it really is..Sony broskis holding hands and eachother pockets in this thread that's a facts tho 🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣
It's just devolving into stupidity, the positioning of some windows? A balcony? A tire wall? The thickness of the trees?

It's not even entertaining discussing this stuff, it's just retard level nit-picking for shit that's zooming right by you that you'd never notice the difference in regardless of what you're playing.

ethomaz

Banned
It's just devolving into stupidity, the positioning of some windows? A balcony? A tire wall? The thickness of the trees?

It's not even entertaining discussing this stuff, it's just retard level nit-picking for shit that's zooming right by you that you'd never notice the difference in regardless of what you're playing.
Simulation is about accuracy... it is hard to understand but that is why they try to make the circuits as accurate as real life.

Simulation is about accuracy... it is hard to understand but that is why they try to make the circuits as accurate as real life.
GTS isn't accurate either, they both have shit we could endlessly nitpick, wrong angles, buildings missing or look wrong or were added, tree density, trees where they shouldn't be.

This is the dumbest discussion imaginable because they both have faults in this across the board.

Whats next a bird in a tree was in the wrong place.

THAT CRISP PACKET WASNT THERE IN 2015 FORZA SUCKS!!!!!
For real.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
GTS isn't accurate either, they both have shit we could endlessly nitpick, wrong angles, buildings missing or look wrong or were added, tree density, trees where they shouldn't be.

This is the dumbest discussion imaginable because they both have faults in this across the board.

For real.
Nobody is blocking you to do that.

But the part posted in the pics are way more accurate in GTS... that was what is being discussed that make your comments just spin like usual.

Last edited:

Three

Shouldn't that be directed at the person who posted those pics to begin with? You can't be talking about trackside detail, even like the post, then all of a sudden back out when that stuff is inaccurate and say who cares you just drive past it anyway.

Ones real ones gts
067lksx.png

07bhju9.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn't that be directed at the person who posted those pics to begin with? You can't be talking about trackside detail, even like the post, then all of a sudden back out when that stuff is inaccurate and say who cares you just drive past it anyway.

Ones real ones gts
067lksx.png

07bhju9.jpg
This is directed at everyone, there's a point where it becomes nauseatingly dumb nitpicking.

Turk1993

You think that tyre wall in those pics looks anything like your forza tyrewall? The tyrewall has always been continues in real life.

Your Forza tyrewall
49005888768_e37d060213_o.png

Honestly stop suggesting that is was in any way accurate at some point. Your picture doesn't match at all and can you at least say the building is just completely wrong? Windows on the side where there shouldn't be and they even removed an entire floor for windows and mixed up their heights.
In the real picture there is one line of tires visable just like in Forza, and the fences where also not there can't you see it? Also i told you that its the older version of spa, i showed you 2 pictures where you see clearly that its changing overtime. Just because GTS got it soo late where they have the latest version doesn't mean that Forza's version is inaccurate.

Ones real ones gts
067lksx.png

07bhju9.jpg
Also comparing the photomode version of SPA doesn't do anything since it get a big enhancement like the grass sprites, draw distance, texture filtering and other details like shadows and reflections.... But you can see the height and the windows of the building clear but completely ignore everything else thats better in Forza. Ok GTS building looks more accurate, soo what about the rest? like texture and the environmental detail. Also the grass and everything else, it looks much better in Forza and the difference there is bigger than the difference in that one house where the problem is only the EXTRA window and height of the balcon.

Three

In the real picture there is one line of tires visable just like in Forza, and the fences where also not there can't you see it? Also i told you that its the older version of spa, i showed you 2 pictures where you see clearly that its changing overtime. Just because GTS got it soo late where they have the latest version doesn't mean that Forza's version is inaccurate.

Also comparing the photomode version of SPA doesn't do anything since it get a big enhancement like the grass sprites, draw distance, texture filtering and other details like shadows and reflections.... But you can see the height and the windows of the building clear but completely ignore everything else thats better in Forza. Ok GTS building looks more accurate, soo what about the rest? like texture and the environmental detail. Also the grass and everything else, it looks much better in Forza and the difference there is bigger than the difference in that one house where the problem is only the EXTRA window and height of the balcon.
Spa has always had a single tyre barrier not a disjointed one. Also I can post non photomode if you like. The difference and inaccuracy isn't timing though as I keep mentioning. They often just reuse generic instances of assets across tracks hence the discontinous tyrewall and make some things up as they go along hence the incorrect building. Don't suggest this is a timing thing when that isn't the case.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Spa has always had a single tyre barrier not a disjointed one. Also I can post non photomode if you like. The difference and inaccuracy isn't timing though as I keep mentioning. They often just reuse generic instances of assets across tracks hence the discontinous tyrewall and make some things up as they go along hence the incorrect building. Don't suggest this is a timing thing when that isn't the case.
So you are talking about the cut out space between the yellow/red band and the tires itself. Like holly shit did it come this far, now whe are looking at a tire wall split. So you say that GTS looks better because it got no split in the tire walls right? Also ofcourse they gona reuse some of the material they already made, same thing happens in GTS also so whats the big deal here.

Three

So you are talking about the cut out space between the yellow/red band and the tires itself. Like holly shit did it come this far, now whe are looking at a tire wall split. So you say that GTS looks better because it got no split in the tire walls right? Also ofcourse they gona reuse some of the material they already made, same thing happens in GTS also so whats the big deal here.
Because you got defensive about it when I mentioned Forzas inaccuracies and tried to suggest its accurate but based on a different time. That's not the case. Now the only defence is "why you nitpicky though" in a thread where we have people zooming in on textures far less obvious than the blatant inaccuracies I see in that game.

Last edited:

Turk1993

Because you got defensive about it when I mentioned Forzas inaccuracies and tried to suggest its accurate but based on a different time. That's not the case. Now the only defence is "why you nitpicky though" in a thread where we have people zooming in on textures far less obvious than the blatant inaccuracies I see in that game.
Its not about you been nitpicky, its about you guys saying that GTS looks better because of small things like disjointed tire walls will everything else is low quality compared to Forza. I also find that building and tire wall in GTS is more accurate and closer to the real thing but graphicaly that scene it is a bit lacking compared to Forza 7, like the grass, texture and environment detail. Yeah it got tire wall gap and 3 windows more correct than Forza but you ignore the whole scene where Forza does alot of things better graphicaly. And its still true that that place changed over time, there is prove like in the pictures above where you can clearly see no fences like in Forza so that part is still accurate.

Three

Its not about you been nitpicky, its about you guys saying that GTS looks better because of small things like disjointed tire walls will everything else is low quality compared to Forza. I also find that building and tire wall in GTS is more accurate and closer to the real thing but graphicaly that scene it is a bit lacking compared to Forza 7, like the grass, texture and environment detail. Yeah it got tire wall gap and 3 windows more correct than Forza but you ignore the whole scene where Forza does alot of things better graphicaly. And its still true that that place changed over time, there is prove like in the pictures above where you can clearly see no fences like in Forza so that part is still accurate.
I made no claims of anything. You can take your 'you guys' talk elsewhere. You liked this post saying it's nitpicky

It's funny because 'you forza guys' were laughing your heads off at an inaccuracy that didn't exist not so long ago right here:

but now who gives a shit if the track doesn't match the real thing at all because it's 'nitpicking' , 'birds in the trees', 'you drive past it fast' bullshit when the actual reason is because it's Forza and you lot have got to defend it.

Last edited:
I made no claims of anything. You can take your 'you guys' talk elsewhere. It's funny because 'you forza guys' were laughing your heads off at an inaccuracy that didn't exist not so long ago right here:

but now who gives a shit if the track doesn't match the real thing at all because it's 'nitpicking' , 'birds in the trees', 'you drive past it fast' bullshit when the actual reason is because it's Forza and you lot have got to defend it.
I'm not defending Forza, I'm defending logic from a pack of ravenous wolves. You guys apply logic in one situation but not bilaterally in another.

I'm pointing out abject realities in that both games have inaccuracies in many forms or developmental liberties were taken, but who is so adamantly leveraging them at one game as a problem while not at the other or continually trying to downplay them?

Hmmm, I wonder.

Three

I'm not defending Forza, I'm defending logic from a pack of ravenous wolves. You guys apply logic in one situation but not bilaterally in another.

I'm pointing out abject realities in that both games have inaccuracies in many forms or developmental liberties were taken, but who is so adamantly leveraging them at one game as a problem while not at the other or continually trying to downplay them?

Hmmm, I wonder.
Nonsense. Look at your previous post. You're defending it here and ridiculing the fact that an inaccuracy has been pointed out to you but were laughing at an even smaller situation in GTSs case which didn't even exist. You're not fooling anyone.

Nonsense. Look at your previous post. You're defending it here and ridiculing the fact that an inaccuracy has been pointed out to you but were laughing at an even smaller situation in GTSs case which didn't even exist. You're not fooling anyone.
Quote me smart guy.

I corrected a person who made an assertion that something didn't exist and or was flat. He was wrong, I pointed it out.

Three

Quote me smart guy.

I corrected a person who made an assertion that something didn't exist and or was flat. He was wrong, I pointed it out.
What do I need to quote? Smart guy that's the issue. The fact that you failed to call it nitpicking back then and was having a field day laying into Driver86 about the supposed inaccuracy?

What do I need to quote? Smart guy that's the issue. The fact that you failed to call it nitpicking back then and was having a field day laying into Driver86 about the supposed inaccuracy?
If you're going to say something you need to back it up.

He was wrong, what he said was wrong, I knew he was wrong and proved him wrong. It wasn't a supposed inaccuracy, it was a factual inaccuracy and given that he doesn't have the game I flat out said...

He claimed something which was untrue, I corrected him.

That has nothing to do with the game whatsoever, it has to do with quelling misinformation.

Last edited:

Three

If you're going to say something you need to back it up.

He was wrong, what he said was wrong, I knew he was wrong and proved him wrong. It wasn't a supposed inaccuracy, it was a factual inaccuracy and given that he doesn't have the game I flat out said...
Already backed it up. The fact that you said nothing and changed tune.
Hage Kam
A) posted the inaccuracy after the fix and mentioned nothing of the fact that it has been fixed
B) All of you forza regulars failed to call any of it nitpicking or mention its already fixed. Nobody mentioned it's a minor detail that nobody pays attention to or sees when driving or mentioned 'what next birds in the trees?'

Doesn't take a genius to know why this didn't happen.

Last edited:
Already backed it up. The fact that you said nothing and changed tune.
Hage Kam
A) posted the inaccuracy after the fix and mentioned nothing of the fact that it has been fixed
B) All of you forza regulars failed to call any of it nitpicking or mention its already fixed. Nobody mentioned it's a minor detail that nobody pays attention to or sees when driving or mentioned 'what next birds in the trees?'

Doesn't take a genius to know why this didn't happen.
You didn't back up anything, I didn't leverage criticism in any one direction. I leveraged it at a single person spreading misinformation. It's not my responsibility to answer to anything and everything.

Three

You didn't back up anything, I didn't leverage criticism in any one direction. I leveraged it at a single person spreading misinformation. It's not my responsibility to answer to anything and everything.
So your concern about spreading misinformation wasn't the fact that Hage Kam posted an image of a fixed issue and mentioned nothing about the fact it was fixed, an issue that by your own account is nitpicking anyway, it was that Driver86 said go home and posted a pic showing it doesn't exist cause he had an updated game and that was a great injustice to you.

Clearly saying this is nitpicking and you probably didn't notice it before the update would have been too pro GTS for you. No, it was the evil use of 'photomode pics' making things different in Driver86s shots. At least that's what you thought for obvious but illogical reasons.

So your concern about spreading misinformation wasn't the fact that Hage Kam posted an image of a fixed issue and mentioned nothing about the fact it was fixed, an issue that by your own account is nitpicking anyway, it was that Driver86 said go home and posted a pic showing it doesn't exist cause he had an updated game and that was a great injustice to you.

Clearly saying this is nitpicking and you probably didn't notice it before the update would have been too pro GTS for you. No, it was the evil use of 'photomode pics' making things different in Driver86s shots. At least that's what you thought for obvious but illogical reasons.
I never even entered that discussion, you're all over the place. Get a grip.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I went in here to see gorgeous images of racing games, and instead it’s a fucking console war?

Tiresome.
Ya, over the past 5-6 pages, the war has changed.

Driveclub vs. Forza Horizon 3.......

.....then to Gran Turismo S vs. Forza 7.......

.....then to which game has better windows on a white hut on the side of a track, and how much space there is between tire barriers.

No joke, that's where it's at right now.

I'm waiting for which game has NPC bystanders giving out better fart fume physics.

Last edited:
You can't see the post I quoted or what? It's you.
Of course I saw the post and I responded accordingly. What's with the lack of comprehension here?

Three

That a year and two months ago a guy was using photomodes to take screenshots and I called him out on it? What in the hell kind of weird necro shit is this, and what at all does that have to do with this?
Try to keep up and reread the posts. Maybe then you will understand.

Top Bottom