• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Halo Game Aiming For 4K/60fps | 4K/60 or 4K/30 with visual improvments?

Codes 208

Could you elaborate on that?

I know Halo 5 tied its physics engine to the frame rate but aside from that I'm not sure what you mean.
framerate affects the fluidity of gameplay specifically. A higher framerate allows faster reactions because how much faster it feels. 30fps is ok with slower paced games but it's hard imagining halo 5 running at 30fps considering the fluidity of the overall gameplay which is why I prefer Halo 5's gunplay/controls over, say, the bungie trilogy's.

Too bad the story was the worst of the franchise.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
They will do what they did for Halo 5.

Dynamic resolution that gets pushed to 4K for One X and it will run at 60 at all costs.

But then maybe they go 30 for the campaign because of Split screen?

framerate affects the fluidity of gameplay specifically. A higher framerate allows faster reactions because how much faster it feels. 30fps is ok with slower paced games but it's hard imagining halo 5 running at 30fps considering the fluidity of the overall gameplay which is why I prefer Halo 5's gunplay/controls over, say, the bungie trilogy's.

Too bad the story was the worst of the franchise.
This I can agree for in multiplayer. Would you be against the idea of a 30fps campaign mode and 60fps multiplayer similar to Gears of War 4? (mp would be including custom games,forge,arena,warzone but not split screen or online coop for sp obviously)
If they do 30fps that how I would want it tbh.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Absolutely hated what they did with halo 5.
The dynamic resolutions, jaggies everywhere, pop-in, low viewdistance on animation compression, weapons disappearing after walking 5 meters, no local coop.
All because the stupid 60fps marketing.
What makes it worse is that the cutscenes were 30 fps and looked fucking gorgeous.

Gears did it right; don't sacrifice the narrative experience for something that only really matters in a competitive environment.

Last edited:

Södy

Absolutely hated what they did with halo 5.
The dynamic resolutions, jaggies everywhere, pop-in, low viewdistance on animation compression, weapons disappearing after walking 5 meters, no local coop.
All because the stupid 60fps marketing.
What makes it worse is that the cutscenes were 30 fps and looked fucking gorgeous.

Gears did it right; don't sacrifice the narrative experience for something that only really matters in a competitive environment.
I recently played Halo Reach and 30fps are tough in a shooter nowadays. I can live with jaggies over 30fps for sure.

4k 60fps is always better for the HALO franchise. Halo is not a game that needs to have stunning graphics to be fun.
You're right, and unfortunately right now the game looks terrible and is not that much fun. I know, I know, it's the "BEST MP THIS GENERATION", except it isn't, and most of us hate it., but 343i heard your message and I guarantee Halo 6 will have more of the same....I predict an Overwatch/Siege clone with different spartans acting as hero's with different abilities, all with advanced movement abilities etc. It's going to SUUUUUUCK, but that's not surprising cuz it'll be made by 343

Top Bottom