• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean a slightly useful Electrode?

Well it could be stepped on multiple times instead of being a one use deal, Stunfisk bury themselves in mud according to the pokedex so maybe it could also be hidden like the pitfall trap.
Now as for Electrode, if I see it pop out I feel compelled to risk my life and try to throw it, usually with painful results.

Hmmm....I don't think I've posted in this thread yet.

Really, the only characters I'm dying to see added are Geno and Skull Kid. And maybe bring Mewtwo back, cause he's a badass.

Do that, fix the online, get rid of tripping, put some of the more complex mechanics from Melee back in (like at least Power Shielding...why was that taken out?) and you have a winner in my eyes.

likeGdid

I'm surprised that someone would actually "like" destroying what made Melee fun for a lot of people. Smh.

And Melee's metagame wasn't broken, but he's entitled to think that it was.

Even though it's wrong.
There's a surprisingly large amount of people who took immense glee in that fact, because apparently people who enjoyed playing competitively broke into many player's houses and forced them to turn off items and learn L-canceling at gunpoint

I'm happy that the Melee metagame was destroyed.

Any circle that thrives on exploits to create some type of elitist circle jerk deserves to be smashed.

Besides, it's not like when Brawl was released they went around and sent Nintendo agents to snap every Melee disc. If you want your broken, snob slop you will always have the disc, no one's keeping you from playing it, but you can't expect the developers to expand on a broken model instead of moving forward and making a genuinely better experience for the majority, which is exactly what Brawl was.

i hope story mode is a 2-hour video of them making geno as a character and then deleting him because he's an unnoteworthy character from an overrated old game

Amir0x

Banned
seriously geno is awful

but i always end up just buying the Smash games because they have a few Mother stages and characters, so my hope is... more characters from that series. I don't actually play this shit more than the handful of minutes it takes to see all the Mother stuff, so that's my hope.

the end

L-cancelling should be thrown out the window because it asks the player to input a command without any thought behind it. Why wouldn't you L-cancel?

Powershielding should definitely come back because it adds a neat risk/reward element to projectile mechanics. And it's badass.

but seriously over-under on ryu hayabusa (like 80% chance) and someone random like a dynasty warriors character being in the game because of the brohugs going on between tecmo-koei and nintendo for whatever godforsaken reason

Kokonoe

Banned
If we're talking Castlevania, i'll take either of the following.

Simon
Richter
Alucard
Shanoa

If Richter gets in the game, his Final Smash better be Hydro Storm.

"hey guys we couldn't get snake back but we managed to get some chars from konami, capcom, all the big names, you know who i mean. that's right it's who you've always wanted, goemon, blanka, a dead or alive lady, and that panther dude from star fox. big ups all round"

JazzmanZ

seriously geno is awful

but i always end up just buying the Smash games because they have a few Mother stages and characters, so my hope is... more characters from that series. I don't actually play this shit more than the handful of minutes it takes to see all the Mother stuff, so that's my hope.

the end

The whole Geno 4 brawl thing was pretty appalling.
If any new Mario character should get in, it should be Waluigi or Toad, hell Paper mario even.

"hmm? you want a character? mustachioed, rude, name starts with wa?

"you got it chief, it's Wario (Baby)."

edit: tecmo talk made me realize that other m will be represented in next smash bros., with a stage, music, and trophies of the characters

Boney

Banned
"hey guys we couldn't get snake back but we managed to get some chars from konami, capcom, all the big names, you know who i mean. that's right it's who you've always wanted, goemon, blanka, a dead or alive lady, and that panther dude from star fox. big ups all round"

i'd be pretty ok with this

Emitan

sCHYm.jpg

i mean seriously look at this guy

KevinCow

Banned
I just got this Sakura Samurai game and I've only played it for like 30 minutes, but I already want the character from this in Smash Bros. just so I can throw frogs at people. It would be the best projectile since bacon.

Roll Link and Toon Link into one (buff Link, essentially) and add Tingle. Tingle has his own series, is awesome, and is the most recurring "non-Triforce" Legend of Zelda character besides possibly Impa.

Also, can't wait for Skyward Sword styled Ganondorf.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They could have a down and out Bomberman to represent Hudson. One of his moves could be vomiting all over the stage causing others to slip.

King K. Rool hypothetical specials

Up+B: Super Jump - Causes cannon balls to fall from the sky upon landing on the stage.

F-B: Throw Krown - Throws krown like a boomerang. Press B to detonate the krown (why the fuck not?). If detonated, cooldown before K. Rool can throw another krown.

B: Kounter - Kounter move. K. Rool falls to the ground for a brief time and if attacked, summons a random kredit from the sky that falls on the attacker.

Down-B: Transform into Kaptain K. Rool

Final Smash: Kredit Krush - Counter final smash. If hit while playing dead, K. Rool summons the entire list of fake kredits from DKC to falls and attack the other fighters. K. Rool is invincible while the kredits fall.

Kaptain K. Rool hypothetical specials

Up+B: Thrust Jump - K. Rool uses his blunderbuss as a makeshift jetpack.

F-B: Freeze Shot - Chargable. Fires 1-3 shots, depending on charge length, that freeze the target for a second or two on contact. Can hold charge.

B: Spiked Shot - Chargable. Fires 1-3 spiked cannonballs for massive damage. Otherwise same as above.

Down-B: Transform into King K. Rool.

Final Smash - Blunderbuss Barrage: For a short time, K. Rool is invincible and his blunderbuss can rapidly fire alternating spiked, freeze, and poisonous (reverse controls) shots.

MisterHero

TRON should be in Smash Bros.

afterall, he is in the most successful videogames of all time

Lightcycles and Space Paranoids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom