• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MS has some amazing anti-used game policy, the game may be a timed exclusive. Otherwise I would guess it's just your standard timed DLC thing, which is still a win for Microsoft if it paints the picture once again that the Xbox is the best place for shooters as it was this gen.

Karak

After reading that MS was scooping up "weird and unique" XBLA developers. I am going to stand by my idea that we will see a couple 3rd party full retail exclusives from unique devs that we don't expect and are smaller than the typical Bethesda stuff. Maybe 1-2 in a genre outside of shooters. By all means some of these smaller devs are doing insane things so it wouldn't surprise me.

untitledp9b8o.png

What does that even mean?

Not sure how day one DD would change the model considering Sony already does it. Ugh, I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.. that statement plus EA's sudden good faith gesture of no onlines passes. Pls no MS.

Hindle

Banned
MS have secured partnerships with numerous devs and publishers. Ranging from Besthesda, EA, CD Project Red, Kojima Productions, From Software. Lol if all that happened I'd probably faint.

MS have secured partnerships with numerous devs and publishers. Ranging from Besthesda, EA, CD Project Red, Kojima Productions, From Software. Lol if all that happened I'd probably faint.

I really don't see them getting exclusive games, just DLC. They would be loosing a shit ton of money.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I wouldnt be surprised at this considering how, when & why (anyones guess) Sony chose to reveal so early.

5 days.

Seems like just yesterday we had "certain members" telling us how Microsoft were scrambling in fear of what Sony showed.

Good times.

They probably stopped because this thread actually became an real hype thread instead of a "let's post every random pastebin that had nonsensical specs obviously made up by our less technical knowledged GAF members we can find because MS changed the specs drastically after Sony showed PS4's spec. And just admit we don't know the specs one way or the other."

5 days.

I really don't see them getting exclusive games, just DLC. They would be loosing a shit ton of money.

Not really... install base of next gen consoles is basically 0. Not releasing on PS4 will probably make you money if MS pays for the exclusiveness.

If I was publishing a game on next gen* I would ask for exclusiveness TBH.

* no I am not!

sunnz

NextBox to act like a digital box that allows you to order specific channels for a smaller price as opposed to packages from your regular cable company.
That would rock. I'm tired of paying $80+ for cable tv with channels I don't watch.

If they did that ( unlikely) and brought it over to the UK ( also unlikely) then I would be there day 1 and use that function.

Always hoped for something like that.

Ushae

Banned
Any MEGATON predictions?

I am thinking the new COD will be a timed next gen exclusive.

I'm expecting most megatons to be shown at E3. MS will unleash some of the bigger ones on 21st. Personally none of us can say with certainty what we can expect but my own expectations are somethin from Black Tusk, Lionhead, Epic and Rare. COD is a given of course, and perhaps EA will make an appearance with their games.

As a fan of competition, I wouldn't like this. Sony doesn't have the exclusives to compete with that.

p3tran

Banned
Not sure how day one DD would change the model considering Sony already does it. Ugh, I really hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.. that statement plus EA's sudden good faith gesture of no onlines passes. Pls no MS.

keep positive, and we have plenty of time for negative, if negative comes.

its better an entire console generation dies, than consumers loosing their rights for more corporate profit.

Marleyman

Banned
I'm expecting most megatons to be shown at E3. MS will unleash some of the bigger ones on 21st. Personally none of us can say with certainty what we can expect but my own expectations are somethin from Black Tusk, Lionhead, Epic and Rare. COD is a given of course, and perhaps EA will make an appearance with their games.

I have a good feeling EA will be there.

eso76

My guess is he's full of shit, Durango devkit or not.

Did you read Kotaku article on DAE ?
There's no doubt he knows.
He hacked Microsoft computers and leaked legit stuff, all the info he had was real.
Might be outdated, but he certainly isn't full of shit.

Strange though, a few months ago he implied MS had some trick up its sleeve.

I do, both Sony and Microsoft will partner with third party publishers who will launch new IPs on their respective platforms exclusively (at least temporarily). Most bigger games were multiplatform even in the PS2/Xbox/GC days, yet exclusives returned for a while in the opening years of the succeeding generation. It makes sense, install bases are small at the beginning so you don't have much to lose, and making your game exclusive to one platform can increase its odds of being noticed and supported by the said platform's fanbase (which will still be relatively small and hungry for new games).

Now, getting exclusives in established franchises will require a lot more effort (read: money), but I expect some of those as well.

Hindle

Banned
As a fan of competition, I wouldn't like this. Sony doesn't have the exclusives to compete with that.

If you look at how aggressive MS were in Japan with the 360, it's plausible they could change tactics and be more aggressive in Europe and NA. All those partnerships would destroy Sony IMO. It is unlikely though that they'll do this.

If you look at how aggressive MS were in Japan with the 360, it's plausible they could change tactics and be more aggressive in Europe and NA. All those partnerships would destroy Sony IMO. It is unlikely though that they'll do this.

I don't get the impression that the gaming side of the business generates enough profit for them to spend money in such a manner. They may get some extra advantages from publishers if they're the only one implementing a means to curb losses from used game sales. And there's ways to do that without killing off used sales. Gamestop's recent comments about the next Xbox indicate that used game sales aren't going anywhere.

shandy706

Speaking of Epic's tech demos (earlier)....remember their demos before the 360 was out?

If I remember correctly, before Gears of War, they had demos that included Gears of War character/creature models.

We just didn't know it at the time. What if their sci-fi demos we've seen are in fact sneak peaks at upcoming Microsoft/Epic games in the near future (if only a model or two).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom