• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should turn Viva Pinata into a Minecraft game. Imagine Minecraft with even a tiny bit of personality and flair. On second thought, I'll sell that idea to Nintendo. That's what Animal Crossing should be instead of the fruit-trading simulator that it is now.

That would be awesome. It's too bad it wasn't more of a commercial hit, I really got hooked on the games.

I know people are excited for a new PGR but I'd rather MS give us another Forza Horizon. Horizon was awesome on 360 but felt like it was held back by hardware. Give me bigger map, more open at 60 fps in Horizon 2.
I'll take that over a new PGR please.

Nah, new PGR please! They have to do it, that's the game that got me to buy the 360. The trouble is how do you properly span out Forza, Forza Horizon games and PGR?

I know bud, i didn't notice the the thread title believe it or not!

UK start times for other stuff too:

GameTrailers pre-show - 5pm
Nextbox reveal - 6pm
GameTrailers post-show - 7pm
Major Nelson's post-show - 8pm

(GameTrailers are the official broadcast partners so probably worth watching, Major Nelson promises more details about the announcements too)

How to win teh next gens.

• Have good games
  • Totally copy the Steam's user marketplace and make trading cards a standard ala Xbox 360 achievements, and to take it a step further than Steam, have there be an actual card battle game based on said trading cards D: (I tap all my manerz and play my cortana rogue AI card!). Please don't follow up Sony with this whole "social" mess past video streaming/sharing. I don't want facebook on my console yo.
  • Allow people to use profits they make from the marketplace on anything in XBL marketplace D:
  • Continue demos for all games
  • Remove all apps from behind paywall but instead put premium app features behind paywall. So you get the base app, but any of the more creative features you need XBL. This completely takes the sails out of Sony's all apps are "free" movement.
  • Create something similar to PS+

Congrats, you have won teh war. I don't really do the achievement metagame, but I'd be so vested in a trading card meta game.

TheKayle

Banned
we have it in the uk?

just click on the reveal tile on the first screen of the dash and it takes u there.

this is my main screen of the dash...

i think here still isnt ready maybe monday

CAM00021.jpg

[*]Continue demos for all games

I'm still holding out hope that either Sony or Microsoft will make it standard for Gold/PSN+ members to be able to play the first hour of any retail game for free. If games are playable while you download them, this should be doable.

You've got bigger issues than finding the app. Your screen is full of gibberish.

Rookie card? You're on.

Do you think we will ever see some sort of rental service?

You mean like PSN+? I guess maybe if they picked old games only, but it's not really in the publishers' best interest to have you rent new games. Maybe it would work, but I'm not smart enough to think of the way.

TheKayle

Banned
I'm still holding out hope that either Sony or Microsoft will make it standard for Gold/PSN+ members to be able to play the first hour of any retail game for free. If games are playable while you download them, this should be doable.

You've got bigger issues than finding the app. Your screen is full of gibberish.

:D:D:D thats italian!

Is this the right thread to request an "only for xbox"-version of my avatar? Just as hyped for this reveal as the PS4 one, so i reckon i should join the avatar fad for this event as well.

Trading cards, seriously? I prefer achievements and I don't care much for achievements to begin with.

Achievements are dumb by themselves, you can't do anything with them. Adding Trading cards at least give you monetization and revenue for both the user and Microsoft. Congrats on killing 50 nazis with a handgun you badass mofo!...here's some arbirtary number for your troubles

I'd rather get a Master Chief foil card that dropped for me because I spent 40hrs playing Halo 5 and that foil card's chances of dropping increased because I had a few achievements. Then allowing me to sell said card on the marketplace for say 5 dollars because it's rare and in demand. I can then use said $5 received towards DLC or other cards or avatar clothing or anything else. Collecting an entire set of cards from a game gives you say avatar clothing or free dashboard customization ranging from sound files to avatar clothing. When you're not at home but on your Windows Phone device playing Cut The Rope 2 and you get an ultra rare card and you sell it on the marketplace and use that money to buy Angry Birds 3.

Congratulations, you now have people vested even more into your ecosystem as well as giving them an actual incentive to continue playing games.

You know what...if you don't like the trade after a while, you're going to tell your mom, then she's going to talk to my mom...then it'll be weird whenever we talk to each other again...it's going to be a whole mess.

That doesn't really matter because my dad can beat up your dad and i'll get that rookie card in the end anyways.

Mik_Pad

Banned

I thought Sony confirmed this for PS4, I hope MS implement it too.

RavenHawk

Among other aspects, I am quite curious as to the direction Microsoft will be taking with the Live service. When they quietly killed the family plan, I figured they were might drop some of the services that are currently behind the paywall (including basic multiplayer) to a "free" status, and make the idea of subscribing to online enticing by offering "premium" services such as what you mentioned, or possibly advanced stat tracking, and clan support.

It's an app in which they show stuff relevant to them. And they limit its global usage...fuh-king more-ons.

It's the same that was used for VGA, right?

Correct.

Among other aspects, I am quite curious as to the direction Microsoft will be taking with the Live service. When they quietly killed the family plan, I figured they were might drop some of the services that are currently behind the paywall (including basic multiplayer) to a "free" status, and make the idea of subscribing to online enticing by offering "premium" services such as what you mentioned, or possibly advanced stat tracking, and clan support.

I believe we found out why they cut the Family Plan. Apparently it will be one paid account per box that all gamertags on the box share. Not sure if I dreamed that or not.

Izick

I hope they iron out a lot of this global shit with the next Xbox, since it's being built with all these different kinds of apps in mind this time.

CAM00021.jpg

Go to the app section and search for the Live Event Player app or the Italian counterpart. If it's not there, you can create a Silver UK account and watch from there. Or just watch it on GT (funnily enough, I can't use the GT app, but maybe it's because I have a UK account and I live in Croatia).

quickwhips

How to win teh next gens.

• Have good games
  • Totally copy the Steam's user marketplace and make trading cards a standard ala Xbox 360 achievements, and to take it a step further than Steam, have there be an actual card battle game based on said trading cards D: (I tap all my manerz and play my cortana rogue AI card!). Please don't follow up Sony with this whole "social" mess past video streaming/sharing. I don't want facebook on my console yo.
  • Allow people to use profits they make from the marketplace on anything in XBL marketplace D:
  • Continue demos for all games
  • Remove all apps from behind paywall but instead put premium app features behind paywall. So you get the base app, but any of the more creative features you need XBL. This completely takes the sails out of Sony's all apps are "free" movement.
  • Create something similar to PS+

Congrats, you have won teh war. I don't really do the achievement metagame, but I'd be so vested in a trading card meta game.

The problem with that is Microsoft is already better at what they offer from a user interface perspective than ps3 or steam. Steam isn't bad and they have better sells. But Interface and user interaction xbox greatest. If they did anything that steam or ps3 did then it has to be better just not me also. Sorta like how wii and kinect. Now I'm not saying kinect is better in its current form than wii but the thought process and execution were great but hardware was weak. These are just my opinions though not facts :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I hope they iron out a lot of this global shit with the next Xbox, since it's being built with all these different kinds of apps in mind this time.

It's not as easy as one would think

Different rules for different countries

A team of 5 people could do something in the US, but you'd need a ton more to do it in Europe for the same audience size

It's really really stupid.

For example in canada, they need a minimum percentage to be Canadian content, what happens is they have to find that Canadian content. When they can't, our selection is limited because of it.

It's irritating for consumers, irritating for companies but to the government they are protecting our entertainment industry

That's why it won't get better any time soon

Izick

Major Nelson said on the podcast that you could watch it in every region though. At least I'm pretty sure that's what he said.

EDIT: Good points DopeyFsh.

Shaneus

I asked Phil Spencer on twitter if there will be games there and he answered with a yes. CoD and an already announced next-gen game/port are highly likeley then. I just don't think it's a good idea when people get hyped for games on tuesday - they should save that for E3.
BUT LUCID SAID "MID-MAY"!!!

can i ask what app u talking about?
Yeah, looks like you don't have it :( Major Nelson said on his podcast that it'll be global on Xbox Live, but yeah, that's weird (though I think it's just a generic app, maybe you need to go into the XBL "app store"?).

I'll give you my Mickey Mantle for your Gordon Freeman.
That's a pretty sweet deal. He was great in Shawshank Redemption, plus as God in Bruce Almighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom