• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

Could they have just not released it yet? Maybe they're going to release the app sometime between now and Tuesday in other region?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Have they more or less finished setting up the tent now, or will there be more work on it during the weekend?

RavenHawk

I believe we found out why they cut the Family Plan. Apparently it will be one paid account per box that all gamertags on the box share. Not sure if I dreamed that or not.

I think I am going with a late night vision. As a subscriber, I can't see how that would be an incentive.

Vico

If you have already downloaded it a long time ago (at E3, for exemple), it probably won't be back on the home page. Like I said, it disappeared from there right when I downloaded it.
Just look up in the app section.

TheKayle

Banned
Go to the app section and search for the Live Event Player app or the Italian counterpart. If it's not there, you can create a Silver UK account and watch from there. Or just watch it on GT (funnily enough, I can't use the GT app, but maybe it's because I have a UK account and I live in Croatia).

this r the apps that i have dont think that theres an italian counterpart :)

xboxapps.jpg

(photo merged)

u think that on gt will lag?!

R3TRODYCE

Spent over an hour looking for the config file to make Viva Pinata run in 1080p but it was worth it, my itch is about to get scratched.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
It's not as easy as one would think

Different rules for different countries

A team of 5 people could do something in the US, but you'd need a ton more to do it in Europe for the same audience size

It's really really stupid.

For example in canada, they need a minimum percentage to be Canadian content, what happens is they have to find that Canadian content. When they can't, our selection is limited because of it.

It's irritating for consumers, irritating for companies but to the government they are protecting our entertainment industry

That's why it won't get better any time soon
Whats the chance in having all game digitally available to everyone on xbox live. Even if the language different just put them in a foreign category.

Basically have a developer program in which any publisher/developer are not sure of releasing in a country due to lack of demand/language will be automatically published by microsoft digitally only of course.

Is that possible?

If so we could also have official mods that could add fansub for say japanese games ad things like that. I know I'm dreaming a little bit here but man would it be awesome.

Shaneus

Spent over an hour looking for the config file to make Viva Pinata run in 1080p but it was worth it, my itch is about to get scratched.
On PC? I bought that for a buck in some GfW sale, really should fire it up.

They did?
Damn, I really should pay attention to the news.
Yup. Well, they said they had some big announcements to make mid-May, one of which I assume was the launch of Jacob Jones (which is incredible, btw).

It's currently the biggest game in the world, so nah, it's not important.
Could LoL be played with a controller though? I've never actually seen footage of it, but I've been lead to believe that it's pretty integral to the game to play it with KBAM.

Izick

Apparently a Leauge of Legends is exclusive to the Durango. I've never heard of this game. Could it be huge for MS?

It reminds me of what Minecraft did, because it seems to be a very big, only growing kind of game/genre, but it all depends on how they translate that to the controller. I think it could be huge though, if they nail the controls down. Microsoft seems to always be two steps ahead of the competition when it comes to multiplayer and online trends, so I wouldn't be too surprised seeing LoL become a console exclusive.

MedIC86

Thing is LoL's system specs are so low that generally everyone can play it. if they would release it probarly will be in a console only enviroment, mouse vs gamepad and all.

Izick

Thing is LoL's system specs are so low that generally everyone can play it. if they would release it probarly will be in a console only enviroment, mouse vs gamepad and all.

I have a really shitty laptop that runs Liux, so I'd be really excited to finally play it just like Diablo III.

CONSOLE exclusive, as in exclusive to the Nextbox and not on the PS4 or other console platforms.

MedIC86

Swap LoL in your post with Minecraft.

Minecraft XBLA has sold over 6 million.

Im not saying it wont sell well, but LoL is free, im just wondering how they are going to implement it. MS has always been pretty strict with theire update policy's and all, and i think (surely seeing the game is so populair in the pro scene) that riot wants to have full controll over its own game.

Izick

Im not saying it wont sell well, but LoL is free, im just wondering how they are going to implement it. MS has always been pretty strict with theire update policy's and all, and i think (surely seeing the game is so populair in the pro scene) that riot wants to have full controll over its own game.

Past policy isn't necessarily indicative of what they'll do in the future though. Some of those rules and restrictions were put in place years ago in a completely different online scene.

The wait is killing me.

After listening to Major's podcast, they do seem mighty confident. Fingers crossed.

If people are bored and fancy reminiscing, a friend of mine found our community montage for Halo 3 and posted it up on Youtube today (was originally only a DVD release)

Feel free to watch if you're bored.

Halo 3 Community Montage - OMG.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member

They gave exceptions to Minecraft concerning updates they could do the same for it as well. Beside we don't know what their plan for next gen yet.

They gave exceptions to Minecraft concerning updates they could do the same for it as well. Beside we don't know what their plan for next gen yet.

Didn't they also make exceptions for Minecraft because essentially it's their own game since they paid for its development?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Just because they are strict now doesn't mean they will be as strict later

Remember, when 360 launched... There wasn't a global patching system in place... 360 marketplace was the first full fledged digital marketplace.

If rumors are true that games run in a VM, this means a good majority of the TCRs become obsolete except for a few (as the likeliness of game code crashing the system will plummet to near zero) so this means testing can be more spread out, and less in depth so there is a decent chance they will drop cert fees for updates and streamline the process for retail publishing

Limits are being raised, etc

Remember a lot of these "restrictions" are not put into place to piss people off, they are there to ensure a great experience for the end user- which they have done a pretty incredible job of doing. System isn't perfect. But they will change for the better. Look at what happened with PS3- they need to avoid that at all costs.

Dabanton

I heard the LoL thing awhile back as well. I really don't think it's a big deal at all. The games are clearly made for PC. But whatever.

True. It also makes me wonder why Sony spent I assume a fair bit of change getting Diablo 3.

That seems like a massive waste of time as well.

BlazeGaj

Neo Member
Didn't they also make exceptions for Minecraft because essentially it's their own game since they paid for its development?

Yea, think they bought the license and then gave it to 4j studios to make the game and publish it themselves.

But Fez along with other games that were published by microsoft they were not given that exception which was weird really.

Izick

True. It also makes me wonder why Sony spent I assume a fair bit of change getting Diablo 3.

That seems like a massive waste of time as well.

But wouldn't you think the success of Minecraft means that there are a lot of console gamers who might enjoy PC exclusives if they're made well for the console?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom