• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Preseason Thread |OT2| - Everyone's Undefeated! (except Rex Ryan's wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
moist said:
Being a Browns fan and rooting for a team coached by the man who benched Bernie Kosar is as worng as the Khmer Rouge.
C'mon man he probably wasn't even alive when that happened.

Smokey

Jdez15 said:
That has nothing to do with mentoring a young QB. What? You wouldn't want a young draft pick in the NBA being mentored by Lebron James? Stupid argument.

Horrible analogy. No, I would not.

Lebron can barely mentor himself and work on what he needs to work on let alone tell somebody else what to do.

Jdez15

Banned
I was listening to ESPN today (while ears were bleeding) and a reporter on there said Terrel Pryor would be a better WR then QB. His logic was that "the one and only time he actually caught the ball, he burnt one of the best CBs in the nation" anyone care to elaborate on this logic?

bionic77

Jdez15 said:
I like to watch other teams? Sorry? I admire the patriots. Nothing wrong with that. You're acting like I commited a crime.
Because you did. Sports bigamy and crimes against humanity.

I no longer feel any pity for you. Bradyphiles deserve everything they get.

Slo

Jdez15 said:
I was listening to ESPN today (while ears were bleeding) and a reporter on there said Terrel Pryor would be a better WR then QB. His logic was that "the one and only time he actually caught the ball, he burnt one of the best CBs in the nation" anyone care to elaborate on this logic?

Well, I can't say I ever saw this guy catch a pass, but I know that he can't throw the ball for shit. He's like Tim Tebow, but not white, Christian, or personable.

Jdez15

Banned
Slo said:
Well, I can't say I ever saw this guy catch a pass, but I know that he can't throw the ball for shit. He's like Tim Tebow, but not white, Christian, or personable.
I was just shocked that they based their assumption on one play.

Jdez15

Banned
Of course Terrel Pryor is fast, plus his speed, and size, I think he would be fit for a WR, but I just don't see him making that kind of transition.

Miguel

Striker said:
His passing is worse than Tebow.
greatscott.jpg

Pryor would be better off if the NFL doesnt let him in tomorrows draft. That way he could take this whole year work on his mechanics, and then try to impress teams at the combine next year. If he gets drafted in the 5th round or later tomorrow I doubt he will ever get a real shot at being a QB.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont think a year is going to help his mechanics. Remember when Tebow was suppose to put in all those hours working on his mechanics? Yeah doesn't look like it did shit lol

Bowser

yankeehater said:
Pryor would be better off if the NFL doesnt let him in tomorrows draft. That way he could take this whole year work on his mechanics, and then try to impress teams at the combine next year. If he gets drafted in the 5th round or later tomorrow I doubt he will ever get a real shot at being a QB.

Tomorrow's draft was postponed, due to there still being no decision one way or the other on Pryor's eligibility/status :|

TheFatOne

So NFL GAF what rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team? On the Pats Rob Gronkowski going to be a beast this season, and Shane Vereen is going to be a very good player. Gronk has been the best player all camp, and he has the tools to be an elite TE. Vereen has been hurt most of training camp, but I have a good feeling about him for some reason.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ11 said:
I don't know what to expect to be quite honest. I'm glad we got rid of the Big 10 garbage, fuck that conference, fuck their players, they all suck ass (OL being the exception).

I won't get into the front, it's multiple and K.Williams and Dareus will be at the 1 or 3, with Edwards being the 5, the other end is stand up.

Lots of man coverage, everything is man, even the zone. George Edwards didn't blitz much last year, he better this year or I'll blow my brains out. Seems like he's out of the Cover 1 covers everything camp, and it does if you have superior athletes. There's no better coverage, if you can rush with 4 and your corners can hang with the receivers. Dude calls man in the redzone, which is why Hanie walked in for a TD (bad stunt by the DE as well).

Dareus looked good, the dude is pushing 340 already but moves like he's 20-25lbs lighter. Blew up a screen on his first play, ripped right through the guard on a 3rd and 2 for a sack, I mean the G had no shot, they also held Merriman on the same play.

Kyle is a solid DT, and teams doubled the fuck out of him going down the stretch, you can't double both guys. And if, big IF, Merriman returns to about 80% of what he was, you're going to have trouble blocking up front.

They need to get Moats outside, that's my beef, I think he has what it takes, just needs a shot but for now they're giving reps to a couple of other guys, and moving Moats inside. Hopefully K.Sheppard can get his hammy healthy and can play, sick of seeing Tobor, need some fresh legs. I also like Alex Carrington at DE, dude has brought this year, looked good against the Bears.

Will be interesting to see what they do against the Broncos, Dareus will be coming after that ass on Saturday, he's made it point of emphasis. Lets see what he does.

Kyle love Dareus and Dareus loves Kyle, must be a Saban thing. Hopefully these dudes play well together for years.

Wow thank you for this and sorry for not responding earlier. If I get any of the games I will tune in. You guys started gelling on offense last season which is why I asked about D. Strange to play Cover 1 and not blitz, did he keep the extra player in an underneath zone?

BigAT

TheFatOne said:
So NFL GAF what rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team? On the Pats Rob Gronkowski going to be a beast this season, and Shane Vereen is going to be a very good player. Gronk has been the best player all camp, and he has the tools to be an elite TE. Vereen has been hurt most of training camp, but I have a good feeling about him for some reason.
alg_jason-pierre-paul-zone.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheFatOne said:
On offense? Not a rookie or second year man, but Mario Manningham.

Come to think of it there isn't much of any turnover in the Giants starting roster coming into this season. DT to replace Cofield, and the two replacements on the OL.

Defense, yeah, AT said it. JPP will be unstoppable. (Yes it hurts me to say that)

Bowser said:
Tomorrow's draft was postponed, due to there still being no decision one way or the other on Pryor's eligibility/status :|

Oh I didnt know that. Seems silly for them to push it back. I still dont see how getting drafted late will help him, teams wont have any money invested in him and will give up on him right away.

The 2nd year player for the Eagles that will have a breakout season is Nate Allen. He is going to be really good. Chaney will also have a good year, but the Eagles dont use their LB's like other teams do.

Miguel

Texans:

Defense
J Watt seems legit.
Brooks Reed seems legit-er.
May not get much play time, but watch for #50 next week for the Texans (Bryan Braman). Dude is all over the place and is probably gonna move up to the 2nd team next week

Offense
Chris Ogbonnaya looks great at RB, I know, preseason, but dude was impressive in training camp too. Plus all of our other RBs are dying off one by one, and Ben Tate is the new Bennie Joppru, and may never see a snap at the rate he's going for the Texans.
Lestar Jean fighting for a 4th/5th WR spot. Making some nice grabs in traffic. Also very impressive at training camp as well.

Losers this training camp/preseason so far
Ben Tate
Steve Slaton (has to be gone by the time cuts are made)
Dorin Dickerson (great preseason last year, doesn't seem to be making the same strides this year)
Mario Williams (hoping it's just the lack of reps... but I wouldn't be surprised to hear he had another "foot injury" by the end of the season if he doesn't improve)
Kareem Jackson. If he wasn't a first rounder he'd have probably been benched/cut by now. Awful play. Molden too. Awful. Get em away. BOOOOOOOOOOOO

JaskoX1

Banned
TheFatOne said:
Norwood, have him ahead of Greg Little.

Hard enough for a rookie WR to settle into NFL, let alone a rookie who's been out of football for a year. Norwood has the luxury of having NFL experience under his belt, albeit on practice squads. Little's head is spinning right now. As the game slows down for him, his talent will push him ahead of Norwood, just a matter of when.

And obviously Colt.

On defense, I think Joe Haden will have a breakout season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Miguel said:
Steve Slaton (has to be gone by the time cuts are made)

Such a weird story here. The guy was a freaking workhorse for a year then lost it. Talk about a guy who wishes players got paid on their year to year performance. Hopefully he gets a shot at a lucrative deal sometime in the future.

Milchjon

TheFatOne said:

I don't know if he will get the playtime to really have a 'breakout' season, but Taylor Price also looks like he will make a giant step forward.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
TheFatOne said:
So NFL GAF what rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team?

Rookie-Randall Cobb
Second Year-Starks.

BigAT said:
Wasn't the Maclin health information supposed to come out today? Did it get released and I missed it?

The Eagles GM said it would be released in the next 24-48 hours, but he will be back at camp soon and he will be ready for the regular season.

tmdorsey

TheFatOne said:
Well we've bet alot that it's going to be Julio Jones. His presence on the field hopefully will open up alot of things and give us the explosiveness the coaches and fans have been looking for

Milchjon said:
I don't know if he will get the playtime to really have a 'breakout' season, but Taylor Price also looks like he will make a giant step forward.

He had three receptions last year, I'd be impressed if he didn't make a giant step forward.

TheFatOne said:

When he returns?

9530167-large.jpg

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
When do you guys usually do your fantasy draft? I played for the first time last year, and I'm really looking to get going in the right direction in this year.

TheFatOne said:

I didn't agree with the pick
and still don't to a lesser extent
but this guy might just surprise some folks this year.

cam-newton03.jpg

Still inaccurate as hell, though

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
WinoMcCougarstein said:
Rookie-Randall Cobb
Second Year-Starks.

Cobb yes, Starks maybe. I wasn't too thrilled with what I saw in this last game but I honestly don't think a single first or even second string guy was even trying. Such is the preseason I guess.

I really hope Derek Sherrod doesn't turn out to be a bust but it's hard to develop a rookie offensive lineman with limited to no summer practice and limited pad practices. It may be a year or two until we know what we've got.

JaskoX1

Banned
Bowser said:
Speaking of Terrelle Pryor...best supplemental pick ever is?

ChanHuk

Banned
Jacoby Ford might have a sophomore slump but I'm hoping he'll be good for 40 catches and 600 yards.

Lamarr Houston is gonna break out this season, the guy just can't be stopped. He's not Suh beast level, but he's close, especially when he's got future HOF Richard Seymour teaching him the goods. Matt Shaughnessy will get more attention this season as a full time starter, but he's a 3rd year player.

I honestly don't think any of the rookies on the Raiders squad will have an immediate impact, but I'm sure as hell pulling for Wiz and Barksdale to be able to anchor the line with Veldheer and hopefully that freak Bruce Campbell can play.

JaskoX1

Banned
msdstc said:
When do you guys usually do your fantasy draft? I played for the first time last year, and I'm really looking to get going in the right direction in this year.
did a draft last week on EPSN.

Think GAF does the annual fantasy money league.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
JaskoX1 said:
did a draft last week on EPSN.

Think GAF does the annual fantasy money league.

Howd that go?

I've got first pick this year, I'm thinking ADP or CJ gonna pass on Foster. Obviously I get 2 picks in a row after that and I was thinking another decent RB and then a top tier QB if they're there... or should I just stack up on RB and WR? I'm thinking Stafford would be a good sleeper pick.

ChanHuk

Banned
msdstc said:
Howd that go?

I've got first pick this year, I'm thinking ADP or CJ gonna pass on Foster. Obviously I get 2 picks in a row after that and I was thinking another decent RB and then a top tier QB if they're there... or should I just stack up on RB and WR? I'm thinking Stafford would be a good sleeper pick.

RB,RB,QB is always a safe bet.

Slo

msdstc said:
What about the next 2? WR? I was thinking Calvin over Andre.

Neither will be available by pick 4.

Edit: And I wouldn't go QB that early unless you're going to get one of the top 3 guys. Middle of the road QBs still put up decent fantasy numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom