• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Preseason Thread |OT2| - Everyone's Undefeated! (except Rex Ryan's wife)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

yankeehater said:
Ponder actually looked pretty good the other day. Do Vikings fans think he will be starting at some point this year?

It's probably inevitable. The only thing that'll prolong it is if McNabb keeps us hanging around a wildcard berth.

Miguel

Jdez15 said:
Well I'll be damned. Colt McCoy got tutored by BRETT FARVE over the off season. Should help him out in the WCO.
Did he teach Colt to send junk pics to those he wants to sleep with?*

*Jordan Shipley

Slo

Jdez15 said:
Well I'll be damned. Colt McCoy got tutored by BRETT FARVE over the off season. Should help him out in the WCO.

:jnc Brent is the last guy you want mentoring a young QB. Dude does everything wrong. He'd probably have ruined Rogers if he wasn't such a prick about mentoring him.

Jdez15

Banned
Slo said:
:jnc Brent is the last guy you want mentoring a young QB. Dude does everything wrong. He'd probably have ruined Rogers if he wasn't such a prick about mentoring him.
I don't know about that...that's like saying you don't want Michael Jordan mentoring D-wade.
EDIT: Or any other player with lots of potential.

Jdez15

Banned
Bread said:
You didn't just compare MJ to Favre...
and Wade to McCoy :jnc
That's not what I men't, I men't that someone who has had an outstanding career, like farve, would be a great mentor to a guy like Colt McCoy. I just used Dwade as an example.

Slo

Jdez15 said:
I don't know about that...that's like saying you don't want Michael Jordan mentoring D-wade.
EDIT: Or any other player with lots of potential.

1) Did you just equate MJ to Brent?
2) MJ is exactly the wrong person to mentor anyone. MJ's plan A is to take on the whole opposing team by himself and dominate them because he's fucking Michael Jordan. His plan B is to draw the entire team to him because he's fucking Michael Jordan, then pass it to Paxon for the open 3.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jdez15 said:

"Just have fun out there, like a kid on the playground."

Bread

Banned
Jdez15 said:
That's not what I men't, I men't that someone who has had an outstanding career, like farve, would be a great mentor to a guy like Colt McCoy. I just used Dwade as an example.
I understand that, even while Favre had a great career, he is not someone you want your young QB to look to for advice.

Miguel

Jordan at least has fundamentals that are legit and is someone you'd actually want to mentor you if he wasn't prepared to rip you to shreds for every single thing you did (Kwame Brown)

You shouldn't want your young QB anywhere near "Brent" slingin' and slangin' ways.

Wes

venison crêpe
Jdez15 said:
Really want to see how Joe Haden does against these 1st string Lions WR's.

I want to see if Sheldon Brown recovers from an awful first game, and if our pass rush is at all effective against the 1st string. Otherwise we're going to be horrendous against the pass this year.

Despite our needs elsewhere I'm already thinking it'll be a CB and LB we take with those two 1s next year.

Jdez15

Banned
Bread said:
Because Favre was known for fucking up in clutch situations?
That has nothing to do with mentoring a young QB. What? You wouldn't want a young draft pick in the NBA being mentored by Lebron James? Stupid argument.

Jdez15

Banned
Wes said:
I want to see if Sheldon Brown recovers from an awful first game, and if our pass rush is at all effective against the 1st string. Otherwise we're going to be horrendous against the pass this year.

Despite our needs elsewhere I'm already thinking it'll be a CB and LB we take with those two 1s next year.
I couldn't agree more. It would really help your hypothesis if Greg Little turns out to be a good WR. I've heard great things from him, but WR is certainly one of our main needs to get over the hump on Offense.

BigAT

Jdez15 said:
That has nothing to do with mentoring a young QB. What? You wouldn't want a young draft pick in the NBA being mentored by Lebron James? Stupid argument.
Michael Jordan should be a great coach.

JaskoX1

Banned
Jdez15 said:
I wouldn't want Kyrie Irving under the wing of a loser.

Favre has the record for most interceptions right? McCoy is Drew Brees accuracy. He didn't have great wideouts at Texas either.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you guys even wasting your time arguing with Jdez the Browns/Pats-Indians/Yankees-Cavs/Lakers fan?

Bread

Banned
Jdez15 said:
What could Lebron possibly teach a young draft pick?

Stupid argument is right.

Jdez15

Banned
JaskoX1 said:
I wouldn't want Kyrie Irving under the wing of a loser.

Favre has the record for most interceptions right? McCoy is Drew Brees accuracy. He didn't have great wideouts at Texas either.
Kyrie Irving being mentored by Lebron James is completely irrelevant. Two different types of players.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Jdez15 said:
Hes over elaborating, in his crazy mind he thinks I love all those teams, but you can ask anyone in here, I preach Browns football.

You are the one that said you are a Browns fan until the playoffs start and then you cheer for the Patriots. It's not like I'm making that up or something.

Jdez15

Banned
"It was a chance for me to get a lot of questions answered. We worked on footwork, progressions, reads and things like that. It was definitely a positive trip." Quote By McCoy on being mentored by Farve.

Jdez15

Banned
WinoMcCougarstein said:
You are the one that said you are a Browns fan until the playoffs start and then you cheer for the Patriots. It's not like I'm making that up or something.
I like to watch other teams? Sorry? I admire the patriots. Nothing wrong with that. You're acting like I commited a crime.

Jdez15

Banned
JaskoX1 said:
That's my point. McCoy to Favre, two different types of players.
He was helping him on reads, footwork, etc. Not on technique.
EDIT: Hell we don't even really know what type of player he is going to be. College vs pros is a whole different thing.

Jdez15

Banned
I really want all of you packers fans to crawl back in your holes. You're nothing worse than the saints fans who think since they won, they are hot shit.

bionic77

Slo said:
1) Did you just equate MJ to Brent?
2) MJ is exactly the wrong person to mentor anyone. MJ's plan A is to take on the whole opposing team by himself and dominate them because he's fucking Michael Jordan. His plan B is to draw the entire team to him because he's fucking Michael Jordan, then pass it to Paxon for the open 3.
Plan C. Rape 7 footer in the butt in the showers after game.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Jdez15 said:
I really want all of you packers fans to crawl back in your holes. You're nothing worse than the saints fans who think since they won, they are hot shit.

Says the Patriot fan.

moist

Jdez15 said:
I like to watch other teams? Sorry? I admire the patriots. Nothing wrong with that. You're acting like I commited a crime.

Being a Browns fan and rooting for a team coached by the man who benched Bernie Kosar is as wrong as the Khmer Rouge.

Jdez15

Banned
Why the hell would the NFL post pone the WHOLE supplemental draft for Terrel Pryor. I know it's the supplemental draft, but c'mon.

Miguel

Jdez15 said:
Why the hell would the NFL post pone the WHOLE supplemental draft for Terrel Pryor. I know it's the supplemental draft, but c'mon.
Because he's probably 1/5th of the entire supplemental draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom