• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

He really doesn't show it too much anymore. It's a shame. But oh well, as long as he's marching up and down the field, who are we to complain.

He showed the ability of his arm on that beautiful pass that Lloyd dropped in the first quarter by not finishing his route.

MechDX

3. New England's schedule. Between now and Dec. 10, the Patriots face one opponent (Baltimore in two weeks) with a winning record in 2011.

How does shit like this happen?

Oh well, then hell is released on Brady Dec. 10th

Fox318

Everything hurts, but my face is less swollen so that is good. I think it might have been an assassin, hired by somebody who received a Shirtless fine and didn't agree. I will hire a professional Internet detective and I will find out the truth!
vxYLX.jpg

Some good news for Giants fans: Prince Amukamara, Marvin Austin and James Brewer are all practicing today. Prince is running and looking pretty good backpedaling.

Bad news: Kenny Phillips, Keith Rivers and Michael Coe all not working. No word on why Phillips is out but Rivers and Coe are hamstring injuries.

Hopefully Phillips isn't serious. If he is, god help us.

Seda

Bears beat last year's worst team in the NFL. They will get demolished on Thursday. Rodgers eats their cover 2 for breakfast.

Blah, was ill yesterday, pretty much went to bed after the F1 race.

I haven't decided to stop watching after 1 game, so I'll make sure to gif as many games as possible ;)

Thanks.

jmdajr

img20125064.jpg

One of my friends started the Bills D in two fantasy leagues.

Fair enough, I guess I just got too hung up on the word "gone."

I know some dude that dropped Steven Ridley for the Buffalo D. Yikes!

On that note, I reluctantly picked up cj spiller during the draft. Guess that worked out all right.

The biggest worry was the defense coming into the season, especially the run D. The Browns tried to pound it on the ground with a big physical back, the kind of thing that killed the Eagles last year. They totally stuffed it, the run D looked fantastic. Juan/whoever also called a really good game. The Browns OL totally shutdown the Eagles DL in the first half and the Eagles made adjustments, unlike last year. The Browns wouldnt throw at Nnamdi an went at DRC all game, and he made them pay, unlike Assante last year. I think the D is going to be relly good this year. Vick looked terrible, but the running game looked totally unstoppable, Shady would have had over 100 yards in the 1st half if not for the scabs. Hopefully Vick will play better, but if not running and D should at least keep them in games this year.

The Packers defense couldn't slow down the mediocre Niners offense. Tillman might be out which would really hurt and Urlacher still isn't fully recovered, so GB will put up points. However I don't expect the Packers defense to slow down the Bears offense.

45-38 Bears

If chilo rachal touches the field the bears will lose on thursday

harSon

Banned
You guys will pay dearly for your Peyton Manning fandom.

Enjoy the ESPN, NFL Network, Inside the NFL, Week 2 Pregame and Commercial take over of Peyton Manning. You'll probably only get to see 15 seconds of coverage of your own team alongside the media's usual suspects they suck off in between their Manning reach around.

The Seahawks could have one yesterday, Wilson spotted that ball perfectly. It's just Braylon Edwards couldn't catch it.

Wilson served up a couple picks on that final drive that were dropped and got a free timeout. As I told people, preseason means shit and I can't believe the Seahawks coaching staff was stupid enough to buy into the preseason hype

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fuckin hell

Packers' Jarrett Bush says 49ers 'really didn't beat us'

How is "they exploited us" =/= "they beat us"?!

Charles Woodson: "I felt good about today."

"I felt good about today. I really felt good," said Woodson, the veteran defensive back. "Yeah, they made some plays on us, they put up 30 points, but I thought overall, as a defense we made strides from last year. We flew around. We got sacks today, so we got to the quarterback. There were a couple of plays here or there where we missed some assignments, or communication, but I come away from this game feeling really good about our team. "

"I feel good about us. This was a tough test for us, opening up against the 49ers, which is a tough team," Woodson said. "We're a better team, trust me. Trust me."

"It's a loss. That's really all it is. We're 0-1, but I'm going to continue to say it - I'm encouraged about what we went out there and did today, some of the situations, we had some adversity out there. Defensively, I feel good about the defense. I really do."

Fox318

You guys will pay dearly for your Peyton Manning fandom.

Enjoy the ESPN, NFL Network, Inside the NFL, Week 2 Pregame and Commercial take over of Peyton Manning. You'll probably only get to see 15 seconds of coverage of your own team alongside the media's usual suspects they suck off in between their Manning reach around.

Tebow is still around. He will save us.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The biggest worry was the defense coming into the season, especially the run D. The Browns tried to pound it on the ground with a big physical back, the kind of thing that killed the Eagles last year. They totally stuffed it, the run D looked fantastic. Juan/whoever also called a really good game. The Browns OL totally shutdown the Eagles DL in the first half and the Eagles made adjustments, unlike last year. The Browns wouldnt throw at Nnamdi an went at DRC all game, and he made them pay, unlike Assante last year. I think the D is going to be relly good this year. Vick looked terrible, but the running game looked totally unstoppable, Shady would have had over 100 yards in the 1st half if not for the scabs. Hopefully Vick will play better, but if not running and D should at least keep them in games this year.

1. Browns are absolutely terrible against the run. Not to say McCoy won't put up big numbers week after week but take that with a grain of salt. Really I think if Andy Reid came into the game focused on the run (lol)

2. Trent Richardson was playing his first game after coming off his surgery. He definitely was rusty and needs another few weeks before he will be up to snuff. But definitely on the point from what I saw your D line absolutely destroyed our O line when it came to the rush which added much more to Trent's struggles.

Top Bottom