• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

eznark

Banned
That's a good analysis and I didn't think of the "technically a rule" part of the Johnson call that way. Thank you.

That year the rule was tweaked and it caused fucking chaos the first half of the year. It was called differently in every game and every situation. Dumb.

Levyne

Banned
I know it's two years later, but I think on the Johnson call, they should change the rule for "going to the ground" catches in the endzone so that

1.) The instant you have possession and
2.) Are in the endzone

Play is over. TD. Similar to how the play is over as soon as a player with possession crosses the plane of the endzone. The maintaining possession all the way through a falling catch only makes sense (some) on the open field, not the endzone.

Have they tweaked any of the pertaining rules since then?

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

KaYotiX

Banned
once again, amazing OP.

still disgusted about the push in the back from tate then acting like "what?"

Packers D looked good for another week, the Offense needs to wake the fuck up though...

Slo

because fuck me the actual slo is a douchhhhhhhhhhhhhhe

Wanna see my douche victory dance?

pttt.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC - Godbert
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

eznark

Banned
Apparently Rodgers clarified his "kicking ball" comment and said it is a not uncommon occurrence (throughout his career).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I REALLY hope the NFL just flat out ignores the controversy and says the right call was made.

That will up the hilarity of this disaster to an even higher degree.

Bowser

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NYG @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

Great OP. What a disaster last night. On MIke and Mike this morning they said that the ref was wrong about the simultaneous possession rule. They said the rules says that it cant be simultaneous possession if 1 player has 2 hands on the ball and the other player only has 1. It will be interesting to see if the league will clarify it today. Sucks a game was ended on a call like that.

Seanspeed

Banned
Greatest OP ever.

CLE @ BAL

SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

CHI @ DAL

I figure just going with the opposite of what I expect will turn out better prediction results this season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wonder what kind of outrage we'd see if they called it an interception.

Granted, I believe the call was wrong, but it is lose lose for the refs.

Scab refs or not, this was just a wonky play and could have gotten botched with the real guys. Do the Packers get a score with the real refs in? It was all penalties on that drive.

eznark

Banned
Marshawn Lynch is awesome:

As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials.
"We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.
By the time Lynch left the restaurant early Tuesday morning and, while waiting for his ride to arrive, reassured a group of Packers fans on Second Ave. almost apologetically that their team would bounce back from this bitter defeat, it was clear the league's already problematic officiating lockout had reached critical mass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--s...of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I REALLY hope the NFL just flat out ignores the controversy and says the right call was made.

That will up the hilarity of this disaster to an even higher degree.

This is exactly what they will do.

No such thing as bad publicity. More people will be watching now just for the refs. Owners don't give a shit about the "integrity of the game"

eznark

Banned
This is exactly what they will do.

No such thing as bad publicity. More people will be watching now just for the refs. Owners don't give a shit about the "integrity of the game"

They've come out in the past plenty of times and said "yep, that was the bad call, whoops" and they'll do it again here. Not like they lose anything by doing it.

Cagey

Banned

Scab refs or not, this was just a wonky play and could have gotten botched with the real guys. Do the Packers get a score with the real refs in? It was all penalties on that drive.

Yep. Why would anyone have confidence that the real refs would have gotten that play right? Any confidence at all? Because they're "the real ones"?

789shadow

Banned
THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NY @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

eznark

Banned

Don't disagree, but it doesn't matter who it was that was a hilariously terrible call. Just because it was replacement refs and anyone could have made it doesn't mean you should downplay how bad the call was.

OP is so good.

THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC
SF @ NYJ
SEA @ STL
CAR @ ATL
MIN @ DET
NE @ BUF
TEN @ HOU

CIN @ JAC
MIA @ ARI
OAK @ DEN
WAS @ TB
NO @ GB

NYG @ PHI

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
i think its pretty awesome that the Seahawks still got the TD even though the receiver commited PI just before he...sorta caught the pass that the defense had already caught. Hopefully things improve because i feel the owners are sticking to their guns.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Revis injury is a blessing in disguise for this week.

49ers will actually think Alex Smith will be able to throw the ball on us. Jets will win thanks to 2 pick sixes.

Heh. Golic on M&M just read NFL rule 17, which says Goodell has the authority to change the outcome of a game determined by an "extraordinarily unfair act."

Top Bottom