• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

I'm still laughing at folks claiming the refs were in the Packers pockets only for that last play to happen.:jnc

And I'm still laughing at the people that were claiming right up to that final play that there's no difference between scabs and the real thing. Only to see THAT happen to their team. Just delicious. Nom nom nom. It all feels like a wonderful dream, but then I check the standings and it's real. GB 1-2. Best season ever. Skip Bayless finally said something intelligent. The NFL has become the WWE. Love it.

Seattle fans is Carroll always that conservative on offense? Gameplan was super predictable.

I'm not a Seahawks fan, but I live in Seattle. Yes.

eznark

Banned
And I'm still laughing at the people that were claiming right up to that final play that there's no difference between scabs and the real thing. Only to see THAT happen to their team. Just delicious. Nom nom nom. It all feels like a wonderful dream, but then I check the standings and it's real. GB 1-2. Best season ever. Skip Bayless finally said something intelligent. The NFL has become the WWE. Love it.

:jnc

cajunator

Banned
THURSDAY SEPT 27
CLE @ BAL - Baltimore defense still works.

SUN SEPT 30
SD @ KC - divisional games are perfect opportunities for a San Diego meltdown.
SF @ NYJ - there's more to Jets D than just Revis.
SEA @ STL - Seattle is legit. At least defensively.
CAR @ ATL - Fuck the Falons.
MIN @ DET - Ponder why this team keeps winning.
NE @ BUF - Belichick starts biting referees.
TEN @ HOU - Houston is fucking good.
CIN @ JAC - Dunno really.
MIA @ ARI - Arizona is legit. Somehow.
OAK @ DEN - Peyton can beat the Raiders.
WAS @ TB - RGIII isnt perfect but he's better than fatman.
NO @ GB - Oh god.

NY @ PHI - Dat pass rush.

MONDAY OCT 1
CHI @ DAL - Ware destroys Cutler. World laughs.

squicken

:lol Ben is the only one of them with a losing record.

Seattle fans is Carroll always that conservative on offense? Gameplan was super predictable. If they would have slanged it early on they would have needed the refs to do whatever the fuck it was they did in that game. I still think the Pats defense is susceptible to a good passing attack. And Wilson looked HORRIBLE against the blitz. Packers brought it so many times last night and he never seemed to know how to react. Even on that 4th down play which should have been an easy TD.

I am a little jelly over that. The Steelers can't tackle or play defense either, but when we start blitzing it seems to get worse!

Did you notice that Wilson didn't even try and throw much on the final drive last night? There was the pass to Rice and the INT, but otherwise he like Flacco just threw rainbows on their final drives. It's clear that was the strategy by both coaches

Salt-Shaker.jpg

K-19

Banned
This thread is awesome man, gg.

ohhhh!!! 49ers vs Jets, The Game of the next week.

Which should i pick on fantasy? What confidence? Guys I am so confused!!!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Ugh the morning after is always the worst.

I can't wait to hear the NFL go Iraqi Information Minister and barely acknowledge the subject.

edit: Amazing OP though! We're living in the golden age of Buckethead OPs.

The double indignity these poor people suffered last night. To have to see a beautiful city like Seattle on their TVs and be reminded that they live in Wisconsin, and then to have their precious game stolen from them. Have these people not suffered enough, Roger? Give them their win back. All the people in these GB pics are making the Romney face. It's awesome, but also a little sad. Best of all it takes my mind off of how bad the Patriots D is again.

*Fantasy Question*

Are you Aaron Rodgers owners worried? So far this seems to be my biggest first round bust pick ever. I am about to be 1-2 and I might trade him if he doesn't torch the Saints. I hate getting out scored by people like Fitzpatrick, a waiver wire add. Maybe I am overreacting, but his offensive line can't keep him upright.

I could probably use an upgrade at RB. I have made some trades already, but I am still the second lowest scoring team in the league.

10 team ppr

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy
Benjarvous Green Ellis
Ahmad Bradshaw
Andre Brown
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner
Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Antonio Brown
Danny Amendola

Rob Gronkowski

Double D

I don't post in these threads often, if at all, but I have to say that OP is awesome. Nice work, Buckethead. Oh and I can't wait to see all the nonsense the NFL has to say today about Tategate (or is it Refgate?)

squicken

The double indignity these poor people suffered last night. To have to see a beautiful city like Seattle on their TVs and be reminded that they live in Wisconsin, and then to have their precious game stolen from them. Have these people not suffered enough, Roger? Give them their win back. All the people in these GB pics are making the Romney face. It's awesome, but also a little sad. Best of all it takes my mind off of how bad the Patriots D is again.

ah I was about to comment but you're too far gone

I am very much enjoying the epic meltdowns on Facebook, Twitter, message boards, etc. This is the most excitement the NFL has seen in a long time. Keep the scab refs!

Milchjon

Wisconsin looks awesome in pictures.

I don't post in these threads often, if at all, but I have to say that OP is awesome. Nice work, Buckethead. Oh and I can't wait to see all the nonsense the NFL has to say today about Tategate (or is it Refgate?)

Tategate has a nice ring to it, hahaha.

K-19

Banned
*Fantasy Question*

Are you Aaron Rodgers owners worried? So far this seems to be my biggest first round bust pick ever. I am about to be 1-2 and I might trade him if he doesn't torch the Saints. I hate getting out scored by people like Fitzpatrick, a waiver wire add. Maybe I am overreacting, but his offensive line can't keep him upright.

I could probably use an upgrade at RB. I have made some trades already, but I am still the second lowest scoring team in the league.

10 team ppr

Aaron Rodgers

LeSean McCoy
Benjarvous Green Ellis
Ahmad Bradshaw
Andre Brown
Willis McGahee
Michael Turner
Kevin Smith

Larry Fitzgerald
Greg Jennings
Antonio Brown
Danny Amendola

Rob Gronkowski

I am no more worried by Rodgers, I have replaced him by Palmer. For your ppr league team, I can't tell.

They'll probably just release a press release. They don't want any video footage of them trying to cover this up.

Well supposedly, according to the NFL Twitter, the actual hail mary catch was a clean catch by Tate! There is even photographic evidence!

Though I heard it was taken down.

lol, I'm way more upset with the way the Packers played than salty about any officiating.
What do you think is the deal?

I don't get it. I mean running 4-verts/deep routes every time is obviously dumb but I don't get why they're having such a problem.

Actually, scratch that, a good deal is probably the O-Line.

eznark

Banned
What do you think is the deal?

I don't get it. I mean running 4-verts/deep routes every time is obviously dumb but I don't get why they're having such a problem.

No idea. Really, really bad matchups for sure on the defensive side. The Packers receivers are hot garbage against jams at the line but since so few teams are confident enough in the physicality of their dbacks it's generally not a huge issue.

Hopefully it's just playing really good defenses on an irregular schedule.

That better be some crappy Cracker Barrel cheese he's wasting. If it's Tillamook he should be thrown in jail.

Well supposedly, according to the NFL Twitter, the actual hail mary catch was a clean catch by Tate! There is even photographic evidence!

Though I heard it was taken down.

The NFL wouldn't lie, so I'm going to have to agree with them. They've proven time and time again that the integrity of the game is all that matters.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Today is the anniversary of the Gleason punt block in the Dome reopening. Shit is so sad, he was always one of my favorite players well before that. He was a ST beast. ALS may be the fucking worse way to die. Apparently he is doing terribly and can't speak anymore. I'm glad he is involved in possibly the greatest play in Saints history.

No white flags :( He makes me proud to be a fellow Coug!

Hopefully Pats O line can get its shit together, Defense will learn how to tackle, and they'll stop this edelman obsession and get the ball to Welker like he deserves.

Hopefully the refs will be on our side, but its all fucking luck regarding these guys anyway.

Oline played a great game, on most occasions Brady had a lot of time to throw. Okay, run blocking wasn't brilliant, but the the Ravens D might be less, but they can still defend the run.

They just lack the toughness/skill to play in the clutch both on O and D. They are never able to put the game away and it's not like they didn't have opportunities to do that.

Top Bottom