• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

coverxxx.jpg

qbr.png

backup.png

fuckup.png

luck.png

suck.png

elite1.png

elite.png

kitty.png

pussy.png

gifs.png

rextummy.gif

peypeyfrown.gif

waynecatch.gif

vickfum.gif

schedule.png

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
lol perfect

verbum

The cut blocks by the Jets need to be closely monitored. I saw a couple that looked more like knee attacks than legit blocks.

Well, at least the Texans walked away lossless. 5-0!

mOe4z.jpg

Fjordson

This is probably a dumb question (only been watching American football for a few years) but what does that referee toss towards the pile in the bottom gif when the fumble happens?

This is probably a dumb question (only been watching American football for a few years) but what does that referee toss towards the pile in the bottom gif when the fumble happens?
It's a blue bean to let people know that there's a fumble on the play. Live ball so people can scramble to try and get it.

squicken

Another great OP Buckethead

Luck has arrived. Pretty awesome that my Colts have one down year w/o a QB, then land the next one in a generation QB. 30 years of elite QB play, while some teams go 30 years w/o even having one. This year is the Texans' window

Vyroxis

Banned
First off, I would like to thank the Packers for blowing it. A free lapdance every few weeks is gonna be nice, Secondly, picks!

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB ~I wonder if the Cheifs will distract Freeman with BBQ Tacos?
IND @ NYJ ~Colts are inspired, Jets just suck.
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS ~Please god be right....
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

Final thought: Never doing this on my phone again. Cracked screen makes accurate screen touching a PITA.

Milchjon

First off, I would like to thank the Packers for blowing it. A free lapdance every few weeks is gonna be nice, Secondly, picks!

Haha, congrats.

Edit: Your friend should've gone further, just so you could've named the bet Suck for Luck II

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Even if Seattle had the best defense of all time, we'd still have to actually score to win a game. :/

eznark

Banned
Has cuevas ever actually successfully completed an OP or does he just talk about? He's the Rex Ryan if thread makers.

cajunator

Banned
PIT @ TEN - Steelers look more like Steelers

KC @ TB - Jamal runs
IND @ NYJ - Unless Jets start Tebow, they're fucked.
CIN @ CLE - Cleveland's due.
DET @ PHI - Philly kind of has a defense.
OAK @ ATL - Fuck the Falcons
STL @ MIA - Rams gonna Ram.
DAL @ BAL - Ugly, ugly game.
------------
BUF @ ARI - Arizona still has a defense.
NE @ SEA - Patriots play well on the road.
NYG @ SF - game of the fucking week right here.
MIN @ WAS - VIKEBIKE.
GB @ HOU - This will be a high scoring affair.

DEN @ SD - Manning Vs Rivers...

Spinluck

PIT @ TEN- Chris Johnson sucks, and TEN won't win without a run game. Also worth noting, Steelers just got healthier on offense with Mendenhall returning, and TEN has a shit Defense.

KC @ TB- There's a possibility that Cassel won't play, and Quinn will start, both teams suck, but it'll be a matter of who sucks less.

IND @ NYJ- Colts will try and carry their momentum into Met Life, Luck and the offense is getting better each week, and teams continue to drop potential interceptions :). Also, Jets offense is waaaay too inconsistent to be relied on. This game will be decided by Indy's D stepping it up.

CIN @ CLE- Tbh, I just feel for CLE right now, the Saints got theirs last week, CLE will get theirs this week. They usually play up to par in division games, usually.

DET @ PHI- I have no clue what's happening in Detroit. Vick is a turnover machine, but the Lions allowed the Titans to put up +40pts, 40 full pts. This game can go either way, but my head is telling me Eagles. Vick will actually protect the ball this week.

OAK @ ATL- Oaklands secondary. All you need to know.

STL @ MIA- Miami isn't as bad as they seem, and STL will miss Amendola greatly. Bradford is throwing like he can't feel his arm, and Tanny is actually doing a good job. So I'm gonna have to give this one to Miami.

DAL @ BAL- lolRomo. Flacco needs a bounce back week, if Cutler lit them up, so should you.
------------
BUF @ ARI- Fitzmagic will take his usual Brett Farve approach and sling the ball into quadruple coverage, except he won't take any time to read the defense. And Kolb will play overly conservative and will make it a mission to neglect Fitzgerald. ARI's D vs BUF's O will make it a good game.

NE @ SEA- I'd almost lean towards SEA with the upset, since they have a pretty stout defense, so far. But NE's offense looks hot as fuck, and they are loaded with playmakers. Hard to stop a balanced attack. They can also run on 3rd & 17 and convert.

NYG @ SF- Revenge game for San Fran, all the tears they cried because of Kyle Wilson, will be slightly avenged with this win. This will be Alex Smith's true test. A part of me thinks Eli could pull it again though.

MIN @ WAS- VIKEBIKE is on a roll, why stop now? Plus Vikings-GAF is funny, I really just want more NFC North and Ponder jokes tbh.

GB @ HOU- GB is banged up, and their line will have a nightmare in Watt. Although last night raised some flags regarding the Texans secondary, the Packers have less of a secondary.

DEN @ SD- This is a must win for both teams, but I think Denver needs it more, and will pull it. Not sure what kind of team the Chargers are after that loss to the Saints. Denver's D for their sake, won't play like they did last week, and will probably expose the Chargers O-line.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Mark Sanchez's 48.4 completion percentage is the lowest through five games (min. 100 attempts) since JaMarcus Russell's 42.1 in 2009.
I honest to God have never seen a quarterback progressively get so much worse every year. It's just embarrassing at this point.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He's stagnant, and for whatever reason, he's gotten more inaccurate. Not sure what the reason for that is, lol.
I'd say that qualifies as getting worse. I'm not sure if his receivers just made him look better or what, but I don't remember him being this bad. His throws aren't even close.

I'd say that qualifies as getting worse. I'm not sure if his receivers just made him look better or what, but I don't remember him being this bad. His throws aren't even close.
Plus he looks timid and afraid out there, like a guy who is scared of losing his job. He doesn't look like someone who is determined to win, for whatever something as intangible as that is worth.

In other words --- play Tebow.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Plus he looks timid and afraid out there, like a guy who is scared of losing his job. He doesn't look like someone who is determined to win, for whatever something as intangible as that is worth.

In other words --- play Tebow.
Yeah, I wasn't one of the people saying Tebow should start, but Sanchez is playing so bad that I don't think they have much of a choice. I'm not saying Tebow is the solution, but Sanchez certainly isn't at this point. Time for a change.

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I need a new team to watch for the rest of the season. Not watching another Jets game until Tim Tebow or anybody else is the starting QB. Never watching Sanchez fuck it up ever again.

Mark Sanchez's 48.4 completion percentage is the lowest through five games (min. 100 attempts) since JaMarcus Russell's 42.1 in 2009.

HE'S THAT FUCKING BAD AND HE IS STILL THE STARTER. And thats counting the first game where he padded his stats against a CFL team.

squicken

I just don't think he ever had the ability to play at a high level. As the offensive talent around him got worse, so did he. Right now, I'm not sure what he can do. They really need a Big Ben kind of QB that can run around and extend plays and make up for shaky blocking and WRs that can't get open

Top Bottom