• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Well Brian Cushing is gone. Time to start playing that no.1 drafty pic more.
cushing-cheap-shotted2-10-8-12_zpsd2bace32.gif

God that pisses me off. Dirty as hell.

cajunator

Banned
I need a new team to watch for the rest of the season. Not watching another Jets game until Tim Tebow or anybody else is the starting QB. Never watching Sanchez fuck it up ever again.

Mark Sanchez's 48.4 completion percentage is the lowest through five games (min. 100 attempts) since JaMarcus Russell's 42.1 in 2009.

HE'S THAT FUCKING BAD AND HE IS STILL THE STARTER. And thats counting the first game where he padded his stats against a CFL team.

Well I guess you could watch the giants because they have a quarterback and are also from New York.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I just don't think he ever had the ability to play at a high level. As the offensive talent around him got worse, so did he. Right now, I'm not sure what he can do. They really need a Big Ben kind of QB that can run around and extend plays and make up for shaky blocking and WRs that can't get open
Absolutely. And as much as I hate to say it, that's something Tebow is good at.

The only potential benefit I could see from starting Sanchez over Tebow is accuracy. That's in theory of course, and the theory has been proven wrong. Is there anything left that Sanchez does better than Tebow?

Fjordson

It's a blue bean to let people know that there's a fumble on the play. Live ball so people can scramble to try and get it.
Oh wow, interesting. I've been watching pretty much every week for five years now and have gone to a few Niners games every year as well, but I've never noticed this :lol crazy.

cajunator

Banned
?

Is he still around somewhere on GAF?

No, but he caused a lot of Saints hate that wasnt here before with his bandwagoning bullshit.
Now its hard for actual Saints fans to enjoy what the team accomplishes because yall hate them so much.
But whatever I guess.

Also, Sanchez currently has a QB rating of 66.6. Hes a demon sent to destroy the Jets.

Milchjon

The only potential benefit I could see from starting Sanchez over Tebow is accuracy. That's in theory of course, and the theory has been proven wrong. Is there anything left that Sanchez does better than Tebow?

Banging hotties.

Although I'm sure Tebow has been convinced by more than one girl that the back entrance is open to god fearing christians.

Spinluck

Pats suck.

Luck is bust.

One of my managers at work who is a Jets fan said, if he turns on a Jets game and see's Tebow starting, he's just gonna turn off the TV and go to bed. Lol.

He's not a believer.

No, but he caused a lot of Saints hate that wasnt here before with his bandwagoning bullshit.
Now its hard for actual Saints fans to enjoy what the team accomplishes because yall hate them so much.
But whatever I guess.
I don't hate the Saints myself but don't you think a big part of it has to do with all of the bounty stuff?

One of my managers at work who is a Jets fan said, if he turns on a Jets game and see's Tebow starting, he's just gonna turn off the TV and go to bed. Lol.

He's not a believer.
Right, because the current strategy is working sooooo well. He would totally watch the game, and he would like it.

squicken

Oh wow, interesting. I've been watching pretty much every week for five years now and have gone to a few Niners games every year as well, but I've never noticed this :lol crazy.

I'm not sure that's correct, but I may be wrong too. I think the blue bean bag is thrown to mark the spot where a fumble occurred.

beast786

Football is back this week. Lions are ready.

We might be in trouble. but we will keep fighting with smile

Nick-Fairley-mugshot-12431142.png.400x800.jpg

bring on those ugly birds.

Spinluck

Well Brian Cushing is gone. Time to start playing that no.1 drafty pic more.
cushing-cheap-shotted2-10-8-12_zpsd2bace32.gif

When Goodell was vouching for player safety, apparently it was only for the Offensive players of the league. Lol.

I'm tired of O-linemen getting away this shit, Freeny would always get injured by some dude just purposely falling on his legs to perform a block even though they were 30yds from the freakin' play. Fucking stupid.

EDIT: The Freeny example as shitty, since this happens to all defensive players, but it was the best I could think of.

JABEE

I don't hate the Saints myself but don't you think a big part of it has to do with all of the bounty stuff?

Right, because the current strategy is working sooooo well.
Yeah. Even after being asked to stop, they continued to run the bounty system. I've disliked the Saints since I had to hear about how the Saints are saving the City of New Orleans after Katrina when they beat Jeff Garcia and the Eagles in 2006.

cajunator

Banned

Right, because the current strategy is working sooooo well. He would totally watch the game, and he would like it.

No because it existed before. But maybe some of it has to do with the fact that they are a legitimate threat the last few years and now worthy of ridicule when they fuck up. The same reason the Lions hate is now in full swing now that they are a factor. I dont mind that aspect of it because it means I dont have to watch garbage (except on defense)

squicken

I'm pretty sure Vontae Davis is bad at football. The secondary was so much better with him out. Really, really bad trade

Seda

Bye week is my favorite week of football.

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

Got a lot of road teams this week..

No because it existed before. But maybe some of it has to do with the fact that they are a legitimate threat the last few years and now worthy of ridicule when they fuck up. The same reason the Lions hate is now in full swing now that they are a factor. I dont mind that aspect of it because it means I dont have to watch garbage (except on defense)
Yeah, I think you're right. Generally the better a team is the more hate they get, and if they have a period where they drop out of contention then there are still a lot of people around to revel in it.

I'm pretty sure Vontae Davis is bad at football. The secondary was so much better with him out. Really, really bad trade
I always kind of liked him on the Dolphins but I'll admit that he never really developed to the top-tier level.

beast786

But whatever I guess.

It started because majority of packer-GAF hates drew Bree's. They hate him with jealousy ,as they believe no one can be better than Fraudgers. it bothers them that drew gets all the attention breaking records after record , while there messiah is limited to just double discount commercials.

The fact is we have a huge number in Pack-GAF, and they love sucking each other dicks and rally to save face of there messiah against the evil of Drew. And rest hopped on the bandwagon .

What? Lions are only a factor in the order at the top of the draft this year. I know it is still early but I dont see how they can turn things around with their defense and coaching.

beast786

What? Lions are only a factor in the order at the top of the draft this year. I know it is still early but I dont see how they can turn things around with their defense and coaching.

you are not a good person, and you should feel bad about yourself.

Spinluck

Knowing us, we would've probably drafted a bust player made out of glass.

I always kind of liked him on the Dolphins but I'll admit that he never really developed to the top-tier level.

He showed sparks of talent early on in Miami, but then it got to the point where he'd just get burned.

Out of our DB's, he's our best tackler for sure. He CANNOT play zone though.

bionic77

I just don't think he ever had the ability to play at a high level. As the offensive talent around him got worse, so did he. Right now, I'm not sure what he can do. They really need a Big Ben kind of QB that can run around and extend plays and make up for shaky blocking and WRs that can't get open
It is not that easy to find a qb as good as Ben and with his pocket awareness. It is routine now but he does it like 5-10 times a game where he is avoiding the rush running up to the LOS and keeping his eyes downfield.

Give that man an offensive line, a credible defense, and bathroom stall with a drunken slut and he can move the world.

squicken

Pimpwerx was a fan, but said he wasn't all that bright. Maybe he is just having trouble getting used to the new system. Maybe the move from Miami to IND was a huge culture shock. But it seems that Philbin (and Ireland?) did well to unload some of their problem players.

Got a few extra picks coming, though I'm not sure Ireland is the best guy to be making them. But Ross seems pretty loyal to him. Ireland's involvement was a hold up in the Fisher negotiations

edit: not sure if you saw the Colts game bionic, but Luck has that ability in the pocket. Doesn't have Ben's arm though. I used to think Rodgers had it too, but he seems to have lost it. Just holding it too long and taking dumb sacks

cajunator

Banned

They have a chance now though. they arent the same perennial loser team they once were. the millen era is over and they have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs yearly. Dont sleep on them. Maybe you should worry more about how long until Mike Vicks wheels come off entirely.

Got a few extra picks coming, though I'm not sure Ireland is the best guy to be making them. But Ross seems pretty loyal to him. Ireland's involvement was a hold up in the Fisher negotiations
Ireland is dreadful, any success the Dolphins have (which isn't much, of course) is in spite of him. Jim Harbaugh would probably be coaching the Dolphins if it wasn't for their inane front office.

I try not to think about that aspect of the Dolphins organization too much. Go Tannehill! :)

Spinluck

It is not that easy to find a qb as good as Ben and with his pocket awareness. It is routine now but he does it like 5-10 times a game where he is avoiding the rush running up to the LOS and keeping his eyes downfield.

Give that man an offensive line, a credible defense, and bathroom stall with a drunken slut and he can move the world.

Luck did that well Sunday with that shit line he has, I think quite a few QB's have great pocket awareness, but they're just slow fucks who choose not to move.

Old Vick used to do this shit like crazy, you know, before he tried forcing himself to be solely a pocket passer.

I agree though, no one does it like Ben, when you're going against him.. it's annoying as hell.

jmdajr

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum

So much for Never being 5-0,Never beating the Jets and Never winning prime time on the road, Oh Well

It was ugly, but we did it. Thanks Son of Bum.

Cagey

Banned
PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE@ SEA
NYG @ SF
MIN @ WAS
GB @ HOU

DEN @ SD

cajunator

Banned
Brees is a mostly pocket passer, but if you really watch him, he does some really athletic moves to get away from the rush and step into the pocket. It has probably been the real reason he wasnt sacked as much the past few years. After Bushrod or Streif inevitably lets a defender free at him, he just kind of steps aside and delivers the ball before they get to him. This year he has held on a bit too long and it cost him some sacks.

That bitch Rodgers would do well to learn from that pretentious red tape tying, gerrymandering motherfucker Brees and get the ball out 30 seconds quicker.

A few years ago I remember there was a big argument here about if Ben was a top QB or not. He was so good Sunday, I cant imagine anyone doesnt have hi in their top 3 now. 5 times Eagles defenders had a hand on him in the backfield and they got 0 sacks on him. No QB is better at avoiding the rush and buying extra time then him.

They have a chance now though. they arent the same perennial loser team they once were. the millen era is over and they have a legitimate chance to make the playoffs yearly. Dont sleep on them. Maybe you should worry more about how long until Mike Vicks wheels come off entirely.

You mean like they have for the Saints?

bionic77

Why do Packers fans turn on their players so fast and viciously? Happens all the time.
Are you saying Packer fans are hateful?

Because I won't stand for those lies! Thats low even for a Pats fan. Hasn't brother eznark repeatedly proved to us his boundless love for all mankind? Regardless of shape, color or status. You can be assured that eznark loves you and would be willing to help you out. All you need to do is ask (except Pat fans of course, you can all go fuck yourselves, which you probably already do anyways).

cajunator

Banned
A few years ago I remember there was a big argument here about if Ben was a top QB or not. He was so good Sunday, I cant imagine anyone doesnt have hi in their top 3 now. 5 times Eagles defenders had a hand on him in the backfield and they got 0 sacks on him. No QB is better at avoiding the rush and buying extra time then him.

You mean like they have for the Saints?

I didnt say the team, I said Vick. Brees and the offense are doing pretty well.
Vick is the thing holding your team back.

brentech

I've always been one to believe that regardless of opponents, a good team can often end up dropping a few games do to parity in this league. Unfortunately for the Packers, their play is looking more like a trend than a fluke.
Just 2 removed from winning the SB, a season off having the MVP at QB..... They look like some other team.

SF : a tough game even if the Pack played as they did last year
CHI: got an important division win
SEA : should have been a W, but we looked like Shit during that game either way
NO: you'd expect a shootout between the teams that often lead to 50/50 win
IND: just should not have lost this game.

The Pack has showed the tiniest of flashes of their 2011 selves. Otherwise they have looked atrocious on offense. The defense was on the field giving up yards all season last year because the offense scored so fast. This year, they're left on the field all game because offense goes 3 and out. Surprisingly we don't give up more points this season. The D has definitely given the offense its fair chance to lock games up, but they can't.

If they keep up their play as it's been, we're lucky to leave the season at 8-8. Only hope is that they snap out of whatever is going on. We still have some hope for a little while longer, but it's hope for that magical wildcard spot.

/real talk

bionic77

Preaching to the choir bro.

Ben has really been lights out so far this year. I have not seen enough of Ryan, but the only qb playing better (and not by a huge margin) is Eli. The one thing that Ben has that I am not sure anyone else has (or at least can't do as well) is that he has the ability to manufacture something out of nothing. There have been times when the line has not blocked and receivers don't initially get open, but Ben will somehow move around or escape tackles and buy himself enough time for the defense to break down and then throw a big pass downfield.

I didnt say the team, I said Vick. Brees and the offense are doing pretty well.
Vick is the thing holding your team back.
I think a lot of what ails Vick can be placed on Reid. The Eagles are a really talented team. If they had better coaches I think we would see less mistakes and turnovers. I mean everyone knows now that Vick sucks out of the shotgun and has problems picking up the blitz. A good coach would try to disguise that weakness or plan around it, but Reid just keeps doing the same thing over and over again. I also think Vick has lost a step so if he is going to make it he is going to have to rely on his brain and arm.

Top Bottom