• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 17 |OT| - For the Division

BigAT

Wait, Godslay got salty enough over the loss that he got banned?

When was the last time that happened to someone?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Glad to see the Gata banner make a comeback!

I don't see the Broncos beating the Pats anytime soon so losing tonight was the dagger on their season should they face each other. I think New England is to Denver as Seattle is to us though so it won't matter where they play.

So is Peyton pretty much done? He sure looked that way at times last night.

Even in his recent successful games he has feasted on short passes, but it seems even those are becoming more difficult for him to hit.

The deep ball to DT was pretty nice, though.

Be nice to get a win over the Eagles to end the season. Its a meaningless game when its all said and done but a little revenge for the butt whooping they put on us early in the season would be a nice way to close things out.

Respect

GO Pats...Nice OT Act.

I know Belichick will play him...but I really hope Gronk doesn't really see the field. Same for Brady, but I know he is probably playing at least 3 quarters...against a pass rush that has been the best all year...

Peyton's smile after that last pick-six was him coming to the realization that even after it all, even when the last record he has to get falls to him, Eli will still be able to show off more rings during the annual Thanksgiving meal, and he can do nothing to stop it

Bacon

As of this past weekend Eli has less picks than Peyton. Is this the first season where Eli will end up with less interceptions?

bionic77

Do the Broncos have the bye wrapped up?

If they do it would be nice to give PeyPey two weeks of rest and some shots of that shit from Germany and hope for the best.

They won't go far with gimp Manning.

Of course the Steelers might get 2 quarters of healthy manning in the 2nd round and then the Pats might get the gimped version in the championship. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Of the 3 things that need to happen for the Texans to make the playoffs, I'm confident that exactly 2 of them will happen. That's Houston sports for you....just slightly less heartbreaking than Cleveland sports

Believe in the Astros future.

Broncos just need to come out and beat Oakland at home. Just get it done, get that rest.

...then probably lose anyway.

Ugh.

If they do it would be nice to give PeyPey two weeks of rest and some shots of that shit from Germany and hope for the best.

Of course the Steelers might get 2 quarters of healthy manning in the 2nd round and then the Pats might get the gimped version in the championship. :(

If they would have won last night, they would have.

Cinci can still catch them with a win and a Broncos loss.

No they have to win in OAK first, or Bengals have to lose first but given that you guys won't play em until Sunday night, the broncos will have to show up on Sunday

Homer stat of the day:

Ryan Tannehill is sixth in NFL history for most passing yards in a QB's first three seasons, surpassing Carson Palmer last week. He has 10,993 yards over that span and hasn't missed a start.

@MMehtaNYDN
Geno Smith on possible coaching change: "A change could be good for all of us." #nyj

Except for the guy who 1) sucked big enough that he got the guy fired in the first place, 2) will still be there and 3) will still suck

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wait, Godslay got salty enough over the loss that he got banned?

When was the last time that happened to someone?

Didn't happen to BG and I'd say his 'meltdown' was a lot more intense and childish than Godslay's.

Here's the reason for flexing Bengals/Steelers

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/23/nfl-week-17-bengals-steelers-nbc-decision/#

“There was one other important factor,” said Katz. “In the past four years, we’ve taken the Sunday night game in Week 17 from FOX. We thought it was fair to take the game from CBS this year, seeing that we had a very good CBS option in Cincinnati-Pittsburgh. In the end we felt it was CBS’s turn.” (Those four games: St. Louis-Seattle in 2010, Dallas-New York Giants in 2011, Dallas-Washington in 2012, and Dallas-Philadelphia in 2013.)

Talamius

Works out great for us. We're a dumpster fire in primetime.

Everyone knows NBC was betting on the Bengals losing last night.

Edit: There's another reason that statement makes no sense. Because CBS lost the Bengals/Steelers game, the Panthers/Falcons game was flexed to 4:25 on CBS (and now runs directly against DET/GB). FOX lost the game anyway.

Respect

Your non-NFL fun fact of the week:

National unleaded gasoline price as of yesterday is $2.403 (same time last year it was $3.271)...it hasn't been this low in the US since the week of October 5th, 2009.

Wait... the NFL Rewind app used to have Chromecast support and they took it out? Are you fucking kidding me? I just got a Chromecast and I was thinking they just hadn't added support yet. Stupid bastards. I can't stream from my laptop because it's choppy for some reason.

ShaneB

Feeling better today, enough to stop moping around and get to the gym for a little bit.

Thanks for the new thread ActStriker.

Chiefs need some help to get into the playoffs, and that certainly includes some upsets. It's a longshot, but it's a shot!

Worlds are colliding bros.

Last night I dreamed I owned two baby Alligators and one of them was named Alejandro, I also had a weird eel/snake thing that I was shit scared of but I loved my Alligators.

Then a tidal wave destroyed my beach house and I woke up.

Someone tell me what all of this means.

Cardinals? ;_;

CLE @ BAL
IND @ TEN
BUF @ NE
SD @ KC
NYJ @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
NO @ TB
PHI @ NYG
JAX @ HOU
CHI @ MIN

OAK @ DEN
CAR @ ATL
ARI @ SF
DET @ GB
STL @ SEA (Go Rams! Pls...pls)

CIN @ PIT

Go Cards!

We are all Packer, Browns, and Rams fans this week.

sPkzJuZ.gif

Beau Smith is probably the closest to a Ray Lewis type that is draft eligible, but he is a wide out.

Who did he stab

Spinluck

If we beat the Titans, that's 3 11-5 seasons in a row. Not sure what to make of this, are we getting better?

In the wise words of Luck, "if you're not getting better, you're getting worse."

"You are what you put on film."

Top Bottom