• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2014 Week 9 |OT| NO means NO

effzee

The next three games are brutal. Dolphisn, @Cardinals and @Patriots without Fairley? Miami isn't a good team but they can play defense.

Packers have Bears and Eagles at home, then at Minnesota.

Division will be at least tied up before Thanksgiving.

Watching the Lions shit themselves in Chicago on December 21st costing them a shot at the North and allowing the Packers to start Flynn on the 28th is going to be basically the best thing ever.

Rodgers is going to destroy us. Just hoping to win next two (@ Houston and home against Carolina) because at GB is sure loss.

eznark

Banned
Rodgers is going to destroy us. Just hoping to win next two (@ Houston and home against Carolina) because at GB is sure loss.

It'll be interesting to see if Chip is willing to stick to the run and gun or if he will try to control the game a bit more. Without two flukie turnovers that NO game is a nail biter and last I checked the Eagles don't have Drew Brees.

manfestival

bucsfail_zpsb428166a.jpg

Story of my LIFE

MechDX

JJ working at Papa Johns:

B1C20IMCUAM5xyg.jpg:large

Pick you comment:

1) Him and Peyton are now BFF's. Wonder is he also driving a Buick with Nationwide insurance?
2) He is not focused on his game!
3) Cant wait for Nick Foles to throw over him and do a pizza gesture

gutshot

No game is a sure loss. Our two losses this year were decided in the final minutes. So I don't see the Packers blowing us out. But I agree with you that going into that game 7-2 would be preferable.

It would be so awesome to see the Ravens win the game and then the refs fuck them and take the win away.

It happens every year (sometimes more) but for once I want to be the beneficiary.

Hopefully the refs are not prohibited from fucking the Ravens over 2x in a row.

What kills me is that I have to even deal with feeling like we got screwed. I mean, we totally did, but we no business being in that game at all. Flacco was normal Road Flacco (a flaming pile of garbage), and our secondary lost our best player two plays into the game, then proceed to play terribly. We should have lost that game, just not like that.

Refs already did that in the Bengals game last week. Be prepared for makeup calls against the Steelers.

Be prepared for lots of Flacco doing his godeepunderthrowdrawdpi play. There will be flags.

eznark

Banned

Pick you comment:

1) Him and Peyton are now BFF's. Wonder is he also driving a Buick with Nationwide insurance?

JJ Watt working fast food?

This isn't high school son.

jmdajr

I need Giants and the Patriots to put a hurting on The Colts. Texans need more wins (somehow) and Colts need more loses so I can have another heart breaking loss at AFC South Championship Game part2. Die Harder.

Pick you comment:

4) he doesn't respect the game of football.

The next three games are brutal. Dolphisn, @Cardinals and @Patriots without Fairley? Miami isn't a good team but they can play defense.

Watching the Lions shit themselves in Chicago on December 21st costing them a shot at the North and allowing the Packers to start Flynn on the 28th is going to be basically the best thing ever.
The funny thing is that the D finally got pressure again Atlanta after Fairley left. We really gonna miss him these next few games specifically the New England game.

Tenumi

Banned

I'm braced for 1-2 from those three games. Anything better would be great. That being said, getting out of that at 7-4 isn't exactly a bad situation at all. After that is Bears, Bucs, Vikings, At Bears and At Packers. 3-2 out of that would be great.

MechDX

I need Giants and the Patriots to put a hurting on The Colts. Texans need more wins (somehow) and Colts need more loses so I can have another heart breaking loss at AFC South Championship Game part2. Die Harder.

forgot one thing:

Ryan+Mallett+Washington+Redskins+v+Houston+NB_sEbAFaiDl.jpg

bionic77

What kills me is that I have to even deal with feeling like we got screwed. I mean, we totally did, but we no business being in that game at all. Flacco was normal Road Flacco (a flaming pile of garbage), and our secondary lost our best player two plays into the game, then proceed to play terribly. We should have lost that game, just not like that.

Be prepared for lots of Flacco doing his godeepunderthrowdrawdpi play. There will be flags.
The Steelers D gets flagged a ton. So that is expected.

Weird that this game is going to be an offensive one. I miss the good old days where a first down against the Ravens was cause for celebration. :(

Hey guys, that new Shantae game on 3DS is wonderful. You've probably never heard of it because they apparently don't believe in marketing the game. If you enjoy 2D Metroid style Castlevania games you will probably love it.

Greg

5)Nostalgia. Though I didn't remember if he made Pizza's or delivered them.
he did both

and worked for free

delivering only to military families

rode his bike to save the environment

delivered papers while delivering pizza

eznark

Banned
I'm braced for 1-2 from those three games. Anything better would be great. That being said, getting out of that at 7-4 isn't exactly a bad situation at all. After that is Bears, Bucs, Vikings, At Bears and At Packers. 3-2 out of that would be great.

I think it will take 11 wins to win the division. Looking at the schedule, I like the Packers chances slightly more.

Pro

The funny thing is that the D finally got pressure again Atlanta after Fairley left. We really gonna miss him these next few games specifically the New England game.

Too bad Stephen Tulloch had to go and celebrate that sack. Never forget.

stephen-tulloch-injures-himself-celebrating.gif

Bowser

NO @ CAR

TB @ CLE
ARI @ DAL
PHI @ HOU
NYJ @ KC
JAX @ CIN
SD @ MIA
WAS @ MIN

STL @ SF
DEN @ NE
OAK @ SEA

BAL @ PIT

IND @ NYG

Spinluck

Eli has never won a game against us, but that's when we had Peyton.

Now that the intimidation of big brother is gone, we can only hope our defense learns how to play football in a week. Or maybe Luck's face will intimidate him?

While we're at it, maybe we can give them Nicks back. Futurevoid warned me of the suckiness but I didn't listen! :(

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Nothing funny about this Teryl Austin defense. He'll be one of the hottest Head Coach candidates next season. I think, and hope, he stays one more year as our DC.

We'll be fine without Fairley. My main concern is how he takes care of himself physically. Either way Jason Jones stepped up as usual and we played the game with a suspended C.J. Mosley.

Still by far the #1 defense in the league.

There is absolutely no way in hell we win this Sunday. None.

Eagles are different team on the road, the Eagles this season flip the script, last year they were good on the road and shitty at home, this year they are 4-0 at home and 1-2 on the road so the Texans have a chance..

Eli has never won a game against us, but that's when we had Peyton.

Now that the intimidation of big brother is gone, we can only hope our defense learns how to play football in a week. Or maybe Luck's face will intimidate him?

While we're at it, maybe we can give them Nicks back. Futurevoid warned me of the suckiness but I didn't listen! :(

Giants are crap.

We're going to 6-3.

I wonder if we can improve on 11-5 this year. Looking at who we have to come, probably more than one loss in there:

NYG - W
PAT - L (although we're at home so maybe we can win but I doubt it)
JAG - W
WAS - W
CLE - W
HOU - W
DAL - L
TEM - W

Is my guess.

xnipx

We got screwed. But it shouldn't have come down to that. Neither team definitely outplayed the other so I can't agree that they should have lost.

bionic77

Giants are crap.

We're going to 6-3.

I wonder if we can improve on 11-5 this year. Looking at who we have to come, probably more than one loss in there:

NYG - W
JAG - W
WAS - W
CLE - W
HOU - W
DAL - L
TEM - W

Is my guess.
Wow that schedule is easy.

For the Colts it will come down to their defense. You won't beat anyone with a qb if you play defense the way you played last week. Somehow most of the teams you play have qb issues (I bet that includes Dallas by the end of the year as Romos back fails him).

Spinluck

Giants are crap.

We're going to 6-3.

NYG - W
JAG - W
WAS - W
CLE - W
HOU - W
DAL - L
TEM - W

Is my guess.

I don't really care what record we finish with as long as we make the playoffs. But if 11-5 is what we need then I'll hope for it.

We are winning games we should be winning this season, and our losses were to teams with good QBs or Darren Sproles. We are flawed as shit, but Luck is getting better which automatically means we are better than we were last year.

I am not looking that far forward until I see adjustments on the defense. This past Sunday brought that entire unit back to reality! Kind of crazy we were still sort of in that game for a bit.

MechDX

Eagles are different team on the road, the Eagles this season flip the script, last year they were good on the road and shitty at home, this year they are 4-0 at home and 1-2 on the road so the Texans have a chance..

This isn't prime time man! We might do ok and none of the nation will see.

Texans can not keep up with the speed that the Eagles have at WR. Combine that with a one man pass rush and we are hosed.

Oh and I forgot to mention we can not stop the run. McCoy going to bust out.

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

NO @ CAR

TB @ CLE
ARI @ DAL
PHI @ HOU
NYJ @ KC
JAX @ CIN
SD @ MIA
WAS @ MIN

STL @ SF
DEN @ NE